WOIN order of operations for adding dice to a pool?

It seems like the Maximum Dice Pool (Ability + Skill + Equipment) is limited to Grade before circumstances, but is that the case? If I am Grade 5 and have Agility (3d6) and Pistols (3d6) can I Aim (+1d6) and then increase damage (-2d6) for 5d6 to hit? Or do I need to form my MDP (5d6) first and then increase damage (-2d6) for total (4d6) to hit?

If I am Grade 5 and have the same Agility (3d6) + Pistols (3d6) and add a High Quality Pistol (+1d6) (subtotal 7d6) and use the Aim (+1d6) and fire at an adjacent enemy (+1d6), am I limited to Agility/Pistols/Equip (5d6) + Exploits (Aim)/Cirumstance (Adjacent) (+2d6) total (7d6) to hit, assuming no negative circumstances? If I increase Damage, can it come from the initial MDP of 7d6 that would be reduced to 5d6 anyway?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's a sidebar in the combat chapter which details the order exactly. I don't have the book in front of me right now, so I can't tell you the exact page number, though. If you don't find it before I get to a book today, I'll look up the page number for you.

M3woods

Explorer
The sidebar is on page 150. First form your dice pool and adjust the pool for positional factors. Then choose dice for damage and effects. Add any bonuses/costs from exploits. And, finally, add LUCK dice.

Sent from my SM-N910V using EN World mobile app

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for!

"Remember, the maximum dice pool limit
applies to the initial attribute + skills +
equipment dice pool. Positions, exploits,
and LUC can all exceed that limit once it has
been formed."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases