cowboy bebop a-live-action tv series...oh my...

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Can it be done right? And what of the rumored movie?

A live-action TV adaptation of the beloved anime series "Cowboy Bebop" is in the works from Tomorrow Studios. 
Chris Yost, who co-wrote two of the "Thor" films and "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes," will tackle the screenplay, reported Variety on Tuesday.

The show, which aired in Japan between 1998 and 1999, is widely considered to be one of the best anime series of all time. The story follows a group of bounty hunters, led by Spike Spiegel, who chase after the galaxy's worst criminals. But as any fan knows, there's a LOT more going on in the series than its simple premise implies.

Tomorrow Studios, a joint venture between Marty Adelstein and ITV Studios, is working on the project with Midnight Radio and Sunrise, the studio behind the original series.

"The animated version has long resonated with audiences worldwide, and with the continued, ever growing, popularity of anime, we believe a live action version will have an incredible impact today," Adelstein said in a statement.

https://www.cnet.com/news/cowboy-bebop-live-action-version/

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Casting this would be a challenge. Writing it in such a way as to not a mere live-action redux but to be both faithful AND fresh will be a bigger one.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I can't even. I love the anime too deeply. I feel that any thoughts going into seeing this type of thing redone would just ruin the watching. I would much rather just see what they do, and find out then and there if it is good. Otherwise I will spend months thinking of either how awesome it will be or how poor it will be. In the former case, likely being let down.

Remove ads