Star Trek Adventures Pre-Order is live

Checking on the 18th of July, the wonderful Star Trek Adventures PDF from Modiphius dropped down to second place on RPGNow, though it still remains in top place on DriveThruRPG.

Could this mean the successful sprint is over and now the long sales marathon begins?

View attachment 86168

Both tracks sales separately. It's only a copper seller on RPGNow, meaning most people are buying on DriveThru where it is a platinum seller. Fewer sales mean more chances of being displaced by a spike.

JPL

Adventurer
Lots of interesting choices by the designers.

I was skeptical of the notion that all starting characters --- from Crewman to Captain --- start at the same level of overall competence, but I think it works.

I also like how, with a few limitations/exceptions, you just pick your character's starting rank and position, instead of having to "buy" those things as part of character creation.

aramis erak

Legend
Lots of interesting choices by the designers.

I was skeptical of the notion that all starting characters --- from Crewman to Captain --- start at the same level of overall competence, but I think it works.

I also like how, with a few limitations/exceptions, you just pick your character's starting rank and position, instead of having to "buy" those things as part of character creation.

None of my players liked that aspect; only half of them actively disliked that aspect. But note that NPC and semi-PC characters have varied levels of competence, and it is rank-linked to some degree. (By Semi-PC - the mechanics allowing taking over the random Ensigns is still present, and said ensigns are not as inept as they used to be...

(In the playtest, the attributes for Ensigns were 55, but the disciplines totalled 11; now it's 51 and 13, vs PCs in both being 56 and 16; due to foci, lower atts are in fact more than made up for with higher disciplines.)

I'll also note: I didn't care for it in The Babylon Project, either, and it's part of why I've moved away from point build games.

imagineGod

Legend
And nothing lasts forever. A sad day to see Star Trek Adventures dethroned from the top best seller spot on DriveThruRPG. :(

DriveThruRPG_StarTrekAdventures_displayed_by_Mage_The_Ascention_20thAnniversary_D20170727.jpg

Remove ads