(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 3 (thread 1)

Forrester

First Post
A sending goes out after chaos once again breaks out over Toril . . .

PEACE!

We of Toril call on the great and mighty powers of Oerth to resist the influences that have been forced upon you by dark forces.

Of late, allies fight allies, neighbors are at each others' throats, and lies grow like weeds. THIS MUST STOP. YOU MUST RESIST!

We do not know who is at fault for this -- has Vecna's return prompted this chaos? Is this yet ANOTHER dark trick by the Shadow Brotherhood, who, it does not need to be said, enjoys nothing more than sowing the seeds of strife? Or is this another trick of the Shade -- Melkor, I think thou dost protest too much. Awfully quick on that post :).

Or is this a trick of the Solistarim? We know very little of them and their ways . . .

It does not matter. These are small things. What is important is the Peace agreements that you have hammered out, and that the fighting not continue. Especially not in the presence of Vecna. The last thing we need is to let ourselves open to an attack by him.

I, Forrester, will come to the Peace Conference. I hope to see the rest of you there.

Forrester what if it is mostly YOUR FAULT!? It seems that you want peace, but it will be YOUR peace, the same one you have on Toril! But it seems that elves of Celene don`t want to merge with orcs, and people of Furyondy won`t listen to your lies anymore! Disappointed with your toys, are you, ugly boy!? And we believe it was you that deployed Robots of Carrier Peaks on Toril, to present yourself as a savior, who else could?

Serpenteye

First Post
The Armies of the Dark Union march into the rebellious territories of the east to aid the loyal forces in the area. The God Emperor still has many followers in those lands.
The God Emperor himself teleport with his bodyguard to the vicinity of Drax and attemt to enslave or kill him. The Sahuagin rise out of the Solnor to restore Union rule in the isles of the Sea Barons.
The spies and diviners of the Union are ordered to find the source of the madness and chaos and to seek out other prospective rebels and annihilate them before they can strike.
Other mages and clerics (of the God Emperor) attemt to find a cure for the plague. Meanwhile, the afflicted are quarantined and their corpses burned.

A formal message of thanks is sent to Acererak.

Another message is sent to Drax:

"You say that war is bad for business and then you start one when the last war has just ended. Are you mad? Yes, war is bad for business. But rebellion is even worse and having your soul ripped to pieces and devoured, well, that tends to be quite a severe hindrance for making money. Your death will be quite magnificent, how sad for you that you won't enjoy suffering it as much as I will inflicting it."

---edena wrote:

Rel Astra is declaring independence from the Dark Union.
Drax the Invulnerable states he wants peace and a continuation of trade, and that this war is bad for business.
---

This makes no sence. I have made my desire for peace abundantly clear throughout the world, Drax knows this. Furthermore, all people (and undead) in positions of power in the Dark Union are magically bound to complete loyalty and obedience.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Forrester what if it is mostly YOUR FAULT!? It seems that you want peace, but it will be YOUR peace, the same one you have on Toril! But it seems that elves of Celene don`t want to merge with orcs, and people of Furyondy won`t listen to your lies anymore! Disappointed with your toys, are you, ugly boy!? And we believe it was you that deployed Robots of Carrier Peaks on Toril, to present yourself as a savior, who else could?

Oh, please. The Robots of the Barrier Peaks were there long before my people arrived on Toril -- your own sages and Communes with your gods will back me up on that one.

And the elves of Celene have the right to not "merge" with the orcs. That would hardly be forced upon them in the UC -- and, of course, there is no UC here. Just the nations of Oerth.

You are tiresome, Melkor. The least you can do is amuse me, the way Acererak did, by saying "poopie".

Forrester

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
I quickly hasten to pacify the leaders of the Wind Dukes of Aaqa. I assure them that the Commonwealth Forces, camped entirely in Lyrn, are of no threat to the good peoples of Aaqa. I have allowed Forrester's forces to camp in Lyrn because I am honoring a debt I owe them. They have taught me much, and I must repay them for their efforts, lest I be a simple thief. I also note that the Commonwealth peoples are also very honorable. They have come to Oerth to help us maintain peace when we ourselves seem incapable of doing so. They sacrificed many of their own in stopping the rampaging robots, and in doing so saved many towns and thousands of innocent strangers. They have sought no reward in return for this act. Finally, I assure the leaders of Aaqa that the Commonwealth members in Lyrn, acting as respectful guests, will obey my laws and, if you so desire it, will stay out of the Wind Dukes terrirory.

To Anabstecorian and Kalanyr:

We advise you, we beg you, stop fighting, overcome your mutual hatred, hear the voice of reason! For if not you will bring your destruction! Close to your lands are Baklunish Confederation, and Kevellond League, and Ulek, and Alliance of Rising Sun! And we believe that rulers of these lands are under the influence of Forrester, and he himself is bringing mighty armies from Toril, and wishes to see you both crushed before him!

Serpenteye

First Post
The God Emperor of the Dark Union rises and speaks before the dissolving assembly of the peace conference.

"I must be brief, I have a traitor to kill.
In this world of Oerth chaos rules. We have tried to build order but whenever we put one stone in place ten others jump out of the mortar and shatter. Despite of this I urge you all to not surrender to the rising tide of madness. I urge you to not abandon the peace we have begun to build. "

The God Emperor teleports out.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
TREACHERY!

Anabstercorian gazes out the window of the peace conference, his sunbuster drone buzzing about his head angrily. <<I was not responsible for the actions of the Barrier Peaks. I did not order them.>>

He turns to face you all. <<I did order my thrall to find a quicker way to technological superiority, and they may have taken control of the Barrier Peaks robots. BUT, if they then used these robots to attack you, as seems to be the case, they did so without seeking my permission. I would not have allowed this action. Those responsible will be executed. As for the Torilians, I am not allied with them in any way. If you believe I am that is due to a misinterpretation of the messages sent to us.>>

<< I will be going to stop these rogue Solistarim personally. If you like, you can have some part of their bodies afterwards for keepsakes. >>

He casts Teleport Without Error and vanishes.

Rhialto

First Post
A strange missive...

The following message is discovered by a major official of every great power, placed on their desk, or near their bed.

"GREETINGS--

We wish to introduce ourselves. We are the Obsidian Order. We are a new assassin's guild, that wishes to offer you our services. You have felt our touch before--while we are not a liberty to divulge our client's, rest assured, we bear you no hatred, and wish to gain your trust. Thus, we are offering you the use of our services. Consider how easily we have delivered this message to you. You can be assured from this alone that we are a formidable group, though some things do lie outside our power.

And so, our offer. We will let you name one target, of moderate standing (no dieties, please), for the mere price of 1000 gp. We will then eliminate this target for you. Our chance of success is usually quite high, and so you will probably see results. Afterwards, if you wish to reuse our services you may for our traditional price. We assure you, these are quite reasonable.

If you decide to take our offer, simply write the name of the target on the back of this letter, and place it where it was originally found, and it will be gone by next morning. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CAPTURE THE BEARER! If a target is named with the intent of entrapping the Order, then no attempt to pick up will be made. Any attempt to scry the Order's location or members WILL fail, and result in the destruction of the letter. Dispelling will destroy the letter, and no pickup will be made.

Once you have chosen your target, we will see if they are assailable. If it is possible, than you will be notified, and delivery place for the price made. ONCE AGAIN, MAKE NO ATTEMPTS TO CAPTURE THE ORDER! ANY ATTEMPT MAKES THE CONTRACT NULL AND VOID, AND SO WE WILL NOT COME TO PICK UP THE MONEY. Upon delivery of the money, the victim should be killed within a month. If we fail, half of the money will be returned to you.

YOUR AGENTS IN DEATH,

THE OBSIDIAN ORDER"

(OOC: If you decide to take me up on this, just e-mail me your target. Thanks.)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases