(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 3 (thread 1)

Serpenteye

First Post
Re: Edena.

The Forsaken One said:

The fleets are ordered to go to teh grandwood and deliver a massive magical bombardment of any forces hostile to the DU. After that they will go to Ket and deliver the same sort of bombardment on the robots. After a few runs over the robots they well inspect damage done and reatreat back to Wildspace.

You have my gratitude for your most gracious assistance.

Hehe.

I wanna see Edena roll 80d6 vs 1d6 and see who wins ^^

As for the robots I think my Fleet should be able to do some damage.... they aren't as super as teh robots but they are more numerous and can deal quite a punch... so I'm gonna hit them a few times and leave it at that if things aren't going all to well.. I'll just retreat to wildspace then.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Wasn't there some sort of *peace* conference?

H'm.

It seems to me that this whole Vecna/Shade thing has thrown the Peace Conference into a bit of a tailspin.

And you're allied with the Shade, aren't you, Serpenteye?

And Acererak too.

H'm.

H'm.

Serpenteye

First Post
Yes Forrester, I am allied with the Shade and Acererak and quite a few others. I still support the peace process, there is no contradiction. Balance is a prerequisite for peace, when the balance breaks so does the peace.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
In one of the most interesting engagements of this IR, the spelljamming fleets of the Scro, Illithid, and Neogi bombarded the Robots of the Barrier Peaks from the air.
Since the Robots were attacking Ket, and Ket was a part of the Empire of Iuz, they were doing Iuz a favor.

The Robots did not seem to quite know what to make of spelljammers.
Perhaps, they thought, the spelljammers were enemy Starships.
Perhaps, they thought, the starships would rain supertechnological destruction down on them.

In any case, they went defensive and set up defensive forcefields, while aiming their turrents skyward.
It was all in vain.

The illithid easily teleported through the defensive shields, and with psionic powers wrecked the main motherboards running the devices.
The Neogi used magic to throw off the robot targeting systems, so that their shots went wild.
Even guided missiles failed to hit the target, raining down randomly against an unfortunate Ket and assorted hills and mountains instead.

In the end, the robots were reduced to a pile of scrap metal.
I must assume the illithid, being a race of researchers, gathered up all the pieces for examination, before taking them back to their base.
The Scro were very disappointed, but no treasure was located.
As for the Neogi, they smirked and commented that magic was always supreme, would always be supreme, and that this so called science was all Torilian propaganda.

- - -

Perrenland. Ah, Perrenland.
The people of Perrenland, as it turns out, had no idea their leaders had allied with the Solistarim.
In fact, the Perrenlanders do not even know who the Solistarim are.
The Perrenlanders thought the Coalition of Light and Shadow had abandoned them, had thrown them out of the Coalition, and they resented it greatly.
Now, they hear that the Coalition never threw them out, that they abandoned the Coalition, and there is a great deal of confusion.
The Coalition of Light and Shadow does not find any of the Perrenland leaders immediately.
Perhaps the agents in the shadows, or the dopplegangers, saw the fate of their cousins, and got out of town before the marshalls arrived.
The actual leaders of Perrenland, are never found.

Until the Faerie, a lofty, beautiful, and good people, but also determined, ruthless, and remorseless when need be, catch up to the dopplegangers after several days of intensive magical searching.
Then the dopplegangers are interrogated, and the remains of the leaders of Perrenland are thus located.
The dopplegangers do not know of any Black Brotherhood.
What they know is that the Scarlet Brotherhood paid them to take over Perrenland, cause confusion and disarray, and attempt to hinder the Coalition of Light and Shadow from being an effective force for as long as they could.
Although, after more magical probing, it is discovered - once again - that these dopplegangers have had their memories tampered with, and much of their memory was permanently erased.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Vecna muses:

Forrester the Torilian speaks of peace.

Vecna sends out a telepathic communication to Forrester:

Forrester, I - Vecna - am coming.

Without further ado, Vecna teleports himself DIRECTLY to Forrester, right there in the midst of the entire Torilian encampment, right into the heart of the place!

Vecna then speaks to Forrester:

I am Vecna. I wish to speak with you, Torilian.
I wish to speak ... now.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Vecna speaks:

I say to you that you are trespassing.
Oerth is not your world.
Toril is your world.

I say to you and yours: Go home.

In your trespassing, you have brought grave danger unto yourself and all of yours.

Why do you so foolishly trespass where you are not wanted?
Why do you so foolishly trespass where you do not belong?
Why do you intervene in affairs that are none of your business?
Why do you presume to influence events here on Oerth?

I await some good answers to my questions.

Last edited:

Edena, since I am going offline for at least a day, you are in charge, it is justified for Vecna has become a God for The Shade, and the main God of Shadow, Melkor, cannot personally appear on Toril. I invited Kalanyr to join The Pantheon of Shadow as Dark Lord of War, you can invite the others.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases