Rise of the Necromancer IC

eayres33

Explorer
Severus expected the responses in regards to payment, because for most people the reward was in payment not in self-fulfillment and the betterment of the world. It was the way things were.

Severus smiled as Lothoc and Lola had their little exchange about the inside man in Verity, they both had made points, “While I do have someone deep within the Order of Verity their hands must remain clean, and they must not look involved. While exposing the vices of the leader of Verity would be seen as a good deed, Verity like most organizations does not like those who expose others in the group. Something about not being able to trust a rat.” Severus chuckled.

“But you are right Lola you would be able to get some information from him, but I don’t want to risk him being seen with, well let us just say with a group the order may not approve of. I do have a contact for you. There is a half-orc named Jhad who is the tavern just outside the castle, he will have more information on Reign, his habits and routines and the like. He will also have one hundred gold pieces for each of you. To cover your expenses in this matter. If you do have any trouble finding Jhad he will be the one dinning and most likely drinking with Sentinel Stalnox's retainers.”

Pausing for a second Severus looked at the group as a whole, “Your reward on completion of this little mission is one thousand gold pieces each for all who survive.”

Fradak

Explorer
"I suppose that we are on our own, like" (trying to mimic human voice) "Should you be caught or killed, I will disavow any knowledge of your actions blablabla..."

Creamsteak

Explorer
The slimy bard starts sweating profusely, impostor syndrome kicking in. He starts tries to fan himself with his hand and look up and away. "I'm... I'm... sure that will suffice."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Either this is a very lucrative job, or a very difficult one. Probably both. What are you not telling us?" asked Kaleban, the extreme quantity of bourbon he drank making him bold.

OOC: [roll0]

Fenris

Adventurer
"A tidy sum indeed. And indicator of the difficulty and risk. However, you also mention making a name for ourselves, a place in the new order. Should we succeed, how are those rewards to be claimed?" asks Casca before taking some more fruit.

Lothoc let out a sigh and started rubbing his brow after hearing that this informant would be hanging out with his retainers. "Hope the Brat dus get himself into Trouble."

He then raised his head, simply waiting for awnsers

eayres33

Explorer
Severus stifled a yawn, “Once you are done you will contact Jhad and he will arrange a meeting with me, and you are all right this isn’t an easy job, discrediting Reign will be tough he is a man of high principles and killing him would be dangerous, again don’t underestimate him, but that’s why the reward is so high. Of course I don’t really exist; I’m just a rumor in the eyes of the law so if you do get caught I won’t be around to help.”

“As for securing a place in the new world order, that comes later. If you succeed in this task I will have another one for you. One that will potentially elevate your standing if you succeed.”

GM:
To Kaleban Severus appears to be telling the truth, no hints of deception.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases