Working in an Ore Mine.... (3.5/Pf)

QuaziquestGM

First Post
You work as a "problem" crew for a mining company. The Problems you solve are monsters.

Play-style: Hack and slash dungeon crawl with occasional overland "recover the payroll" missions. Usual missions will be clearance/extermination or clearance/assassination (the boss monster). Possible grinder (see below).

Ruleset: 3.5/pathfinder.

Allowed books for classes: pathfinder srd, 3.5 Wotc, Arcana evolved.
Banned: Firearms and explosives. Classes based on explosives and firearems (alchemist). Arcana evolved oathsworn.

Restricted: Monks may only be single classed. Multiclassed restrictions and oaths are in place.

Allowed races: 3.5 phb (human, elf, gnome, dwarf, halfling, 1/2ies)

Allowed alignments: Any. You work for the company and understand you must tolerate other alignments for the duration of the mission. Any violence towards mine employees or theft of mine property comes out of your pay.

Setting: The one with all the mines in it. Worship whatever god you want.

Posting frequency: Daily or more.

Character creation:

roll 1d6 for starting level.

roll 3d6 for stats. in order.
Choose race and class.
Starting wealth for 3rd level. (go ahead and roll your second character)
Full hp at level 1. Roll thereafter.

pre-emptive faq:

Can I multiclass between 3.5 and pf? Yes, but you use the 3.5 skill list.

Can I gestalt instead of multiclass? yes, but it counts against your starting level. You can be a fighter2/barbarian2 with 4 hd or 2 hd. Up to you. Leveling/xp will be at GM discretion.

Can I multiclass/gestalt the same classes in pf and 3.5 (3.5 wizard/pf wizard)? Yes, but you track everything separately (spell slots, rages, turning).

Which massive damage rule? neither.

Grapple bonus or Combat maneuver/defense? Have both ready; depends on which monster book I'm looking at.

Level 3 wealth by which system? Up to you.

Psionics? yes. you can even use 3.0 if you want.
DSP?, anything without world thought mechanics.

Homebrew? No.

What is your source material? Any of the 100 or so modules I have with a mine in it. Everything from Odnd onward. Campaign will feature occasional appearances by poorly converted 1st and 4th ed monsters.

Game starts when I have 4 players with sheets.

Thateous

Explorer
Throwing down interest. Will go brainstorm charcter concepts.

Rolls:
Level: 1d6 4
Stats: 6#4d6k3 14 13 6 16 15 9

Made a mistake with stats. Did 4d6 drop lowest out of habit. 3d6 roll inbound.

Stats: 6#3d6 10 15 10 10 10 7

Dex based something inbound.

Last edited:

Remove ads