D&D 5E Greyhawk Module

Pauln6

Hero
There are baklunish monks that follow the teachings of xan yae and zuoken. There are also rare monasteries in other remote areas. One features in the Sentinel. In our campaign, dragonborn are from zahindia.

Both hill and mountain dwarves were playable in the 1e PHB, as are all three subraces (hairfoot, the most common, stout, and tallfellow) of halflings. the 1e UA added grey (duergar) dwarves, grey, wood, wild (Grugach), valley and dark (drow) elves, and deep gnomes as player choices.

5e's forest gnomes are closer to the standard (later, rock) gnomes of 1e.

I agree that the OP should have the hill and mountain dwarves, stout and hairfoot/tallfellow halflings, and high and wood elves. The difference between hairfoot and tallfellow halflings was fairly minimal, especially compared to the stouts, so there isn't a reason to try to have all three. For elves, on the other hand, it has always annoyed me a bit that 5e lumped the old high/grey elf dichotomy into just one subrace, even though (by its own admission even) virtually all D&D worlds have traditionally contained the two types as distinctive subraces. I've been thinking about re-creating this split by re-naming the PHB "High Elf" to "Grey Elf" (comprised of GH Grey Elves, FR Sun/Gold Elves, and DL Silvanesti), and creating a new "High Elf" (comprised of the GH High Elves, FR Moon Elves, and DL Qualinesti) which would be exactly the same but with a CHR bonus instead of an INT bonus. I know this would step on the toes of the drow, but in some ways that even makes it a bit better since it will give those wanting to play a CHR-based elf the incentive to not always default to drow (of course, for the OP, since the drow in his campaign won't be playable anyway, this might be an even bigger benefit).

Due to the original GH, and original D&D itself, being human-centric, I would also suggest the OP to use some sort of modified human to reflect this. Obviously, the PHB variant human won't work without feats; perhaps the GH human can arrange the stats a bit (say, gaining +2 in one stat of the player's choosing and +1 in four others, leaving +0 in the remaining stat?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases