D&D 5E [INTEREST CHECK] The Curse of Amberstar

Archon Basileus

First Post
Sorry if I in any way insinuated that I felt something was wrong. I honestly had forgotten that my Passive perception was quite that high and was largely lost as to how he would react so I was looking for inspiration.

Nono, it didn't feel like that at all! :) It's just that I'm quite clumsy, and sometimes I fear my disjointed way of doing things might affect our flow in negative ways! So, I tend to be extra careful! Thanks for your concern, man!

Also, I'm glad that you're enjoying it! I'm trying to find smooth ways to present new elements (and hopefully some new ideas with them). I tend to agree with you. At least, for me the most pleasant part of dungeon crawlers is the novelty of things, or that feeling of surprise, I guess. So I'm trying to translate it here. I feel I'm tossing too much info sometimes, though. I guess I'm to blame for this general feeling of loss, lol. But I'll work on it, I promise! :)

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'm leaving to go to Louisiana for the week for Thanksgiving. I'll be back in town on the 25th. I'm taking my laptop with me and I should have internet access, so I should be able to keep up just fine; I just wanted to give a heads-up just in case.

I'm copying and pasting this message into all of my OOC threads, so apologies if we're in multiple games together and you have to read this message more than once. :)

-IG

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
So, [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], what are the options for possessed characters? Do we get saves to expel the ghost or we're just spectators now?

Archon Basileus

First Post
Officially you'd be stuck until turn undead or attacks could be applied. I left that piece of info hidden until we can work that into the story and the background of non-possessed characters.

I'd like to include another possibility, though. Particularly, I like the idea of some struggle between the entity and the possessed, so... Well, I'll add some colorful possibilities as soon as I post for the characters once more. I was just waiting for both Icosa's and Harfik's actions (I believe both [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] are away for the holidays, aren't they?). I might just roll forward today, if you guys agree, allowing them to catch up upon return.

|As far as monster samples go, I'm twisting a few things around, so as to keep the surprise factor up and to allow for more roleplaying opportunities in the future.

I don't know about you guys, but a bit of novelty was always kind of key to make a nice dungeon-crawler game, at least for me. So I'm trying to depart from the most regular ideas and, step by step, I intend to go towards the distinctive possibilities that the scenario allows us to have. Sometimes I'll just leap from mood to mood, like in this particular case, trying to leave only subtle tips of what's beyond (the decayed state of the former hall, for example, as well as its general grandiouse aspect, would suggest a former central area. The fact that the orcs never tried to bust the doors open - or failed to do so - would be somehow suggestive as well). Also, I tried to draw the dungeons as coherently as possible, still keeping that exploration/mapping mood present.

Also, I didn't post a map for this one on account of the fog. I thought it might be more faithful to the circumstances, positioning being a bit unreliable for now.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

industrygothica

Adventurer
So, does this mean we all gain a level? I mean, the boss said so! ;)

Capture.JPG

Remove ads