D&D 5E [INTEREST CHECK] The Curse of Amberstar

Shayuri

First Post
Oh. Seeker isn't bad. Reskin the Aurora as a 'force field' perhaps. The Star Chain becomes a sort of predictive modeling routine.

Yeah, this isn't bad at all!

Archon Basileus

First Post
It sounds interesting. You could take Astral Refuge, for example, and interpret it as a space-time rift instead of an astral plane sidestep. Same goes for the chain: I was gonna throw another idea out there, but yours is way better, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]!

Same goes for other kinds of patron.
[MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] As for Haunted One, I think it fits the setting very well for many reasons! We could go towards a lovecraftian approach of high-tech elements, or we could use it with magic backgrounds, as usual!

industrygothica

Adventurer
It sounds interesting. You could take Astral Refuge, for example, and interpret it as a space-time rift instead of an astral plane sidestep. Same goes for the chain: I was gonna throw another idea out there, but yours is way better, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]!
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] is great at throwing out ideas that are better than everyone's. You'll get used to it. I did! :)

[MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] As for Haunted One, I think it fits the setting very well for many reasons! We could go towards a lovecraftian approach of high-tech elements, or we could use it with magic backgrounds, as usual!

Excellent! Then I submit my proposal:

Lyllie was a druid from the small Gnomish enclave of Glitterdale, nestled somewhere deep in the (Un-named?) Woods near Willington. She was but a child then, still learning the arts when the Amberstar rose from its depths and laid waste to the land and everything in it. That is, everything but Lyllie. There she stood, alone for the first time, her beloved woods suddenly transformed into a rotting mire devoid of all signs of life; the leaves turned to ash, and the now barren branches sucked dry of their lifeblood.

With nothing left, she traveled to the city. Or what was left of it. A look in a mirror revealed to her her new scars, thanks to the Amberstar. And her eyes, while still functioning, were ghostly white.

Her nature resources were gone, so she turned to books for answers. And got more than she bargained for...

Lyllie will be a second level druid, topped with however many levels of Necromancer. She'll have a raven familiar named Poe.

Lyllie.jpg

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
Perfect!

So we have three players so far!
@industrygothica - Gnome druid/necromancer
@Shayuri - Pact of the Blade Warlock (seeker patron) - maybe [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION] - Elf fighter (ex-slave and techno-user)

Oook, let's do this, then! Let's see if we get other players. I'd close on five, but we are already good to go.

Let's hold till mid-week. If you guys want, we can start building sheets. I'll calculate starting xp points and gear and I'll post tomorrow!

industrygothica

Adventurer
I've already got most of my sheet done. Working on spell selection now, which is kind of a pain with two different casting classes, but it's getting there. Of course some modifications will have to be made after you decide on a level cap and whatnot, but at least the majority of it will be done..

Shayuri

First Post
I may not go Blade Pact. I'll hold off until I see what other folks are doing. If we have a lot of melee in the group I may focus on magic attacks instead of weapon, and go Pact of the Chain.

Then I can get a little recon drone/familiar. :)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
So... blue dragonborn barbarian. Exiled prince from a distant desert kingdom ruled by a royal dragonborn family, with exotic customs and strange sense of honor.

The prince (far traveller background seems more appropriate than noble) was exiled after a Wellington envoy took advantage of his fondness for fleshy humanoids by seducing him and attempting to assasinate his father the king. Lots of subjects (and slaves) captured by the Wellingtons and the prince exiled, stripped of his honor. Now wandering the world, trying to avoid his former subjects, to regain his honor and take revenge on the Wellington remnants.

Sounds good?

Archon Basileus

First Post
Sounds good?

Sounds great, @JustinCase!

So, here's where we stand!

@industrygothica - Gnome druid/necromancer (fallout victim)
@Shayuri - Pact of the Blade (or other) Warlock (seeker patron) - impending
@hafrogman - Elf fighter (ex-slave and techno-user)
@JustinCase - blue dragonborn barbarian

Not once, not once in these forums have I found a group that did not have amazing ideas! I'm thrilled just to see the character concepts you guys came up with!

So, for the sheets!

STATS: 4d6 for each, being able to apply rolls freely; in class-specific and multiclass cases, if stats are not supplied, we can work something out (even though I think this wouldn't be likely to happen)

XP: 17000 xp as the start point. This would leave most single class characters between 6 and 7, if I recall correctly.

GOLD: 1000 GP plus 1d20 x25GP. We can go standard or high magic, depending on your tastes.

Note that everything can always be discussed and reshapen if you guys want!

So, give me your thoughts and, if we're set, let's get to it!

Later!

Remove ads