[Full!] Looking for play-by-post Players - the World of Low'verok

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, I'm looking for players for a play-by-post D&D game. I'd like no more than six, and no fewer than three. You'll be starting at 2nd level, and I'll post the rest of character creation once I get the group together. I have one spot reserved for a friend, but I'm looking for up to five more! Here is a quick sketch of the world you'll be playing in.

The World of Low’verok

Capital – Andeluvay, in the northeast on the Tonver River.

It is governed by a single king, King Xargo, and there are 48 high noble lords (mostly humans, genasi, and half-elves, but there are two gnomes and three halflings amongst them), three dwarven noble lords (from Silver Citadel, Amber Citadel, and Firegold Citadel), two elven noble lords (from the Farlight and Black Pine forests, respectively), and the current Council Speaker from the Sea of Song that govern their various parts of the country.

Low’verok has very strong ties to the elemental, para-elemental, and quasi-elemental planes, and genasi of all types are common (though some more than others). Elemental and half-elemental creatures also are seen with relative frequency, and they are generally considered lucky.

Small gods are quite frequent, and many trees and pools of water embody the essence of the divine. Signs that indicate the presence of a god are taken very seriously (some even include favored sacrifices). Particularly for gods of ponds or springs, a small sacrifice of coin or food is required before taking water. There are even a few small gods of berry bushes or fruit or nut trees, so small prayers before taking the fruits of the land are a part of everyday life. Also, there are gods of the various animals and other creatures, so short prayers after taking the life of a creature for food or in self-protection are routine.

Because of the close ties to the land through the elemental planes and small gods and nature spirits, it is rare that settlements abuse the land. Logging, mining, hunting, trapping, etc. are usually done in a responsible manner (usually through treaties with local elven or gnome communities).

The gods of Low’verok (and their domains) are:
Alnaria – neutral good Protector of children, Goddess of Innocence, Unicorn Queen (Animal, Good, Luck, Protection)
Akadi – neutral goddess of air (Air, Illusion, Travel, Trickery)
Beshaba – chaotic evil goddess of bad luck (Chaos, Evil, Fate, Lucky, Trickery)
Boccob – neutral god of magic (Knowledge, Magic, Trickery)
Corellon Larethian – chaotic good god of music and the arts (protector of elves) (Chaos, Good, Protection, War)
Ehlonna – neutral good nature goddess (Animal, Good, Plant, Sun)
Erythnul – chaotic evil god of slaughter (Chaos Evil, Trickery, War)
Fharlanghn – true neutral god of travel (Luck, Protection, Travel)
Garl Glittergold – neutral good god of jokes and humor (protector of gnomes) (Good, Protection, Trickery)
Ghaunadaur – chaotic evil god of slimes, oozes, and aberrations (Cavern, Chaos, Evil, Hatred, Slime)
Grumbar – neutral god of earth (Cavern, Earth, Metal, Time)
Gruumsh – chaotic evil god of domination (protector of orcs) (Chaos, Evil Strength, War)
Heironeous – lawful good god of valor (Good, Law, and War)
Hextor – lawful evil god of tyranny (Destruction, Evil, Law, War)
Hoar – lawful neutral god of retribution (Fate, Law, Retribution, Travel)
Istishia – neutral god of water (Destruction, Ocean Storm, Travel, Water)
Kelemvor – lawful neutral god of death (Fate, Law, Protection, Repose, Travel)
Kord – chaotic good god of strength (Chaos, Good, Luck, Strength)
Kossuth – neutral god of fire (Destruction, Fire, Renewal, Suffering)
Lliira – chaotic good goddess of joy (Chaos, Charm, Family, Good, Travel)
Loviatar – lawful evil goddess of pain (Evil, Law, Retribution, Strength)
Moradin – lawful good god of the forge (protector of the dwarves) (Earth, Good, Law, Protection)
Nerull – neutral evil god of undead (Undeath, Death, Evil, Trickery)
Obad-Hai – neutral god of nature (Air, Animal, Earth Fire, Plant, Water)
Olidammara – chaotic neutral god of thieves and tricks (Chaos, Luck, Trickery)
Pelor – neutral good god of the sun (Good, Healing, Strength, Sun)
Siamorphe – lawful neutral goddess of nobles (Knowledge, Law, Nobility, Planning)
Sune – chaotic good goddess of beauty and love (Chaos, Charm, Good, Protection)
Talona – chaotic evil goddess of disease and poison (Chaos, Destruction, Evil, Suffering)
Talos – chaotic neutral god of storms (Chaos, Destruction, Fire, Storm)
Tymora – chaotic good goddess of good luck (Chaos, Good, Luck, Protection, Travel)
Valkur – chaotic good god of sailors (Air, Chaos, Good, Ocean, Protection)
Vecna – neutral evil god of secrets (Evil, Knowledge, Magic)
Wee Jas – lawful neutral goddess of death and magic (Death, Law, Magic)
Yondalla[/]b – lawful good goddess of the hearth and family (protector of halflings) (Good, Family, Law, Protection)

There are two important things that everyone in Low’verok knows. One is about the song pearls, and the other is about the Forbidden Lands.

Song pearls or glass pearls are worth, at the bare minimum, ten times platinum for a single one. The rare, translucent pearls have many powerful magical properties, from allowing one to understand magic, to healing, to making one stronger, or other equally wonderful things. Song pearl beds are rigorously guarded by aquatic elves and often raided by kelpies or other aquatic monsters that like shiny things. At least one open war was fought to control the song pearl trade (the Pearl War, which led to the creation of the current “free trade zone” around the Sea of Song). No noble may control the trade, and no merchant may bargain with more than two aquatic elf communities for their supply. As a matter of fact, there are no nobles controlling any community near the Sea of Song. The towns and cities in that region each send a representative to Albon (the largest city of the region), and a leader is elected to represent the interests of the Sea of Song in the noble’s council in Andeluvay. Song pearls are frequently bought by the king for use in the army, but there are also some markets for adventurers and very wealthy wizards or nobles.

The Forbidden Lands are in the far southwest of Low’verok. The coast around the peninsula is treacherous and rocky, and there is not a single good port around it, not that any sailor could be convinced to try. The land leading up to the Forbidden Lands is inhospitable desert, inhabited only by nomadic tribes. The edge of the Forbidden Lands is impossible to miss, as it is a shear cliff that drops straight down two hundred feet, as if the land had been cut by a knife. There’s a common expression that goes simply “Nothing good comes out of the Forbidden Lands.” And nothing ever has. The only things people have ever seen come out of the Forbidden Lands are strange and deadly monsters. The nomadic peoples of the Unwanted Desert (the border of the Forbidden Lands) have a strong warrior tradition and consider themselves the first line of defense against the horrors of the Forbidden Lands. So far, none who have gone into them have come back to tell tales of it. The phrase “I’ll send you to the Forbidden Lands” (or various permutations thereof) is uttered between deadly enemies or by assassins.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Sorry, I meant this was going to be a play-by-post, and I edited it to reflect that. And as it says up top, the game will be starting at second level. I'll be posting the character creation rules once I get 4-6 players. Welcome abord assassination!

Thels

First Post
The talking the talk forum is for organizing campaigns, the Playing the game forum is for actually playhing them. This one should've gone into talking the talk. Maybe some moderator can move it? Or you can repost it there?

I really shouldn't be joining this one

Jemal

Adventurer
don't worry too much, one of the Mods'll see this shortly and deposit it to the right place. In the meantime....

I'm willing to bet people can guess why I'M here...
I shouldn't be joining ANOTHER game, but... I am if you'll have me.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, and Thels makes five! Our party consists of:

assassin
outlands
Jemal
Raurth Snowfang
Thels

Ok guys, character creation is as follows: 4d6, drop the lowest. Level 3. All races, classes, ect straight out of the PHB. 2,500gp to spend on any mundane item from any book (though I reserve the right to veto). No more than half your gold on any one item.

I'll have a thread in the Rogue's gallery for your characters by this afternoon.

Remove ads