Help with 8 CHA Greatweapon Half-Orc Bard

A half-orc who's utterly :):):):) at playing the flute and singing, but with bash your skull in with a maul.

Stats would go 17/14/16/8/10/8, take Great Weapon Master, go +1/+1 on STR and CON, take Resilient CON then max out STR and CON.

Obviously my picks should be spells like Sleep, Haste, Greater Invisibility, Foresight etc.

Unfortunately 22 spells plus 6 leaves me with a lot of space to get more spells and it's rather overwhelming.

Advice on spells, specifically level 1 spells after Sleep loses relevancy and Magical Secrets would be appriciated.

mellored

Legend
Cloud of Daggers, firewall, wall of stone, half damage fireballs are still enough to kill a kobold. Raise dead, and some other healing spells. Fly, misty step, dimension door, leomund's tiny hut, comprehend languages.

Don’t remember if those are all bard spells or not.

Last edited:

Cael Immortalis

First Post
Stealing the hard work of others, I ran across this earlier which might be useful to you:
All level 1 bard spells with no attribute dependency:

Level 1 Spells:
Comprehend Languages [Divination] (V,S,M; Ritual) (casting time: 1 action)
Detect Magic [Divination] (V,S; Concentration, Ritual) (casting time: 1 action)
Feather Fall [Transmutation] (V,M) (casting time: 1 reaction)
Heroism [Enchantment] (V,S; Concentration) (casting time: 1 action)
Identify [Divination] (V,S,M; Ritual, Expensive Components) (casting time: 1 minute)
Illusory Script [Illusion] (S,M; Ritual, Expensive Components) (casting time: 1 minute)
Longstrider [Transmutation] (V,S,M) (casting time: 1 action)
Sleep [Enchantment] (V,S,M) (casting time: 1 action)
Speak with Animals [Divination] (V,S; Ritual) (casting time: 1 action)
Unseen Servant [Conjuration] (V,S,M; Ritual) (casting time: 1 action)

I'm just copy-pasting. There's a list of all spells which are not attribute dependent, or have low attribute dependancy as part of this thread here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ilation-of-Useful-Spell-Lists-(Leugren)/page2

Credit to it's original creator (Leugren) and transcriber (clockwerk66)

In terms of recommendations, Sleep, Longstrider, Speak with Animals, Heroism, Comphrend Languages and Unseen Servant all have their uses

Remove ads