5E Xanathar's Guide to Everything...
+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
  1. #1
    5ever
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    TerraDave's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A Nation's Capitol
    Posts
    8,038
    Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Gygax MagazineI Defended The Walls!

    Block TerraDave


    Friend+

    Xanathar's Guide to Everything...

    Is #4 in fantasy gaming on Amazon. I think that the strongest 5E preorder we have seen, at least this far out.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 1.45.29 PM.png
Views: 3004
Size:  562.2 KB

    Its #466 in overall sales.

    ToA perorder is doing about as well the other adventures, #12 on fantasy gaming and #1032 overall.

    The PHB continues to hover above it all. #1 in fantasy gaming and #62 overall.
    XP happyhermit, Warpiglet gave XP for this post

  2. #2
    It's totally due to the cover image. I mean look at it. A beholder is happy and relaxed watching their goldfish swimming around and enjoying life. Happy beholder, you live longer!
    XP Ninja-radish gave XP for this post
    Laugh TerraDave, Shiroiken, BookBarbarian, gyor laughed with this post

  3. #3
    This has to be a lie, because just today there are folks in other threads saying 5e was horribly done, and a revision ala 3.5 is due to be out any day now, (along with a 6th edition to be coming shortly predictions we've heard every week). And there's no way internet posters could be wrong or prone to ridiculous hyperbole, so clearly Amazon's figures are flat out wrong.
    Laugh MechaTarrasque, Oofta, Azzy, Shiroiken, GarrettKP and 5 others laughed with this post

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrosanct View Post
    This has to be a lie, because just today there are folks in other threads saying 5e was horribly done, and a revision ala 3.5 is due to be out any day now, (along with a 6th edition to be coming shortly predictions we've heard every week). And there's no way internet posters could be wrong or prone to ridiculous hyperbole, so clearly Amazon's figures are flat out wrong.
    Were you on 4chan?
    XP purplerook gave XP for this post

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Were you on 4chan?
    No, I'm talking here, on these forums. I never go to 4chan, and probably never will. I don't even go to Reddit.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrosanct View Post
    No, I'm talking here, on these forums. I never go to 4chan, and probably never will. I don't even go to Reddit.
    Apparently I don't read enough of these forums. And from what you say it appears I'm not missing anything either.

    Personally I don't see how 5e is failing, it's in the top sales spot of Amazon every week, but if people like other systems that's great, hopefully they'll take me in for a one-shot or something and show me how their system is good too. Lots of room for everyone.
    XP vpuigdoller, MNblockhead gave XP for this post

  7. #7
    5ever
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    TerraDave's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A Nation's Capitol
    Posts
    8,038
    Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Gygax MagazineI Defended The Walls!

    Block TerraDave


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrosanct View Post
    This has to be a lie, because just today there are folks in other threads saying 5e was horribly done, and a revision ala 3.5 is due to be out any day now, (along with a 6th edition to be coming shortly predictions we've heard every week). And there's no way internet posters could be wrong or prone to ridiculous hyperbole, so clearly Amazon's figures are flat out wrong.
    Its not as bad as it use to be. It is true that while 5E was huge out of the gate, for months and months (and months) posting about it could be completely ridiculous. Early on very few people were willing to express much confidence in it, even as they were playing it, and later you still had a vocal and clueless minority denying reality.

    The doubters are far rarer these days. They still crop up, but nothing like before.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraDave View Post
    Its not as bad as it use to be. It is true that while 5E was huge out of the gate, for months and months (and months) posting about it could be completely ridiculous. Early on very few people were willing to express much confidence in it, even as they were playing it, and later you still had a vocal and clueless minority denying reality.

    The doubters are far rarer these days. They still crop up, but nothing like before.
    There were a lot of 4e fans who felt betrayed there was a new edition and weren't afraid to voice it. They made a lot of comments about doom and gloom and predictions of a failed edition. Heck, I've seen on a few forums (some more than others) where people said they would actively do what they could to ruin 5e. Not sure how that works, but whatever.

    For the record, I don't think that behavior is exclusive to 4e fans, and I'm sure many 3e fans had the same reaction when 4e came out. Can't be as sure though, because I largely ignored such discussions because I still stuck with AD&D. And I'm not saying AD&D fans didn't also do the same thing when 3e came out, but it was probably a lot more muted because there wasn't as strong of an online community back in 1999 as there was in 2008 (4e) and 2012 (playtests of 5e).

  9. #9
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The Land of Cheese
    Posts
    500
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    WotC Evacuee

    Block Istbor


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrosanct View Post
    No, I'm talking here, on these forums. I never go to 4chan, and probably never will. I don't even go to Reddit.
    4Chan... Weekly Zard thread... I am not always certain the two are very dissimilar.

    Let me clarify that I do enjoy some of his threads and opinions. Just sometimes feels like some click-bait is being thrown out there.

    Edited for typos.
    Last edited by Istbor; Monday, 19th June, 2017 at 09:36 PM.
    XP Sacrosanct, AntiStateQuixote gave XP for this post

  10. #10
    Member
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Brenham, Texas
    Posts
    102
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block TheNoremac42


    Friend+
    I didn't realize you posted a screenshot and I tried to click the links... I feel silly now.
    XP Croesus, Cyber-Dave gave XP for this post
    Laugh Azzy, darjr laughed with this post

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Tomb of Annihilation, Xanathar's Guide to Everything (and other products) now up for preorder on Amazon
    By Patrick McGill in forum D&D 5th Edition News, Rules, Homebrews, and House Rules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Sunday, 18th June, 2017, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •