D&D 5E Xanathar's Guide to Everything...

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Is #4 in fantasy gaming on Amazon. I think that the strongest 5E preorder we have seen, at least this far out.

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 1.45.29 PM.png

Its #466 in overall sales.

ToA perorder is doing about as well the other adventures, #12 on fantasy gaming and #1032 overall.

The PHB continues to hover above it all. #1 in fantasy gaming and #62 overall.

It's totally due to the cover image. I mean look at it. A beholder is happy and relaxed watching their goldfish swimming around and enjoying life. Happy beholder, you live longer!

Sacrosanct

Legend
This has to be a lie, because just today there are folks in other threads saying 5e was horribly done, and a revision ala 3.5 is due to be out any day now, (along with a 6th edition to be coming shortly predictions we've heard every week). And there's no way internet posters could be wrong or prone to ridiculous hyperbole, so clearly Amazon's figures are flat out wrong.

This has to be a lie, because just today there are folks in other threads saying 5e was horribly done, and a revision ala 3.5 is due to be out any day now, (along with a 6th edition to be coming shortly predictions we've heard every week). And there's no way internet posters could be wrong or prone to ridiculous hyperbole, so clearly Amazon's figures are flat out wrong.

Were you on 4chan?

No, I'm talking here, on these forums. I never go to 4chan, and probably never will. I don't even go to Reddit.

Apparently I don't read enough of these forums. And from what you say it appears I'm not missing anything either.

Personally I don't see how 5e is failing, it's in the top sales spot of Amazon every week, but if people like other systems that's great, hopefully they'll take me in for a one-shot or something and show me how their system is good too. Lots of room for everyone.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024

Its not as bad as it use to be. It is true that while 5E was huge out of the gate, for months and months (and months) posting about it could be completely ridiculous. Early on very few people were willing to express much confidence in it, even as they were playing it, and later you still had a vocal and clueless minority denying reality.

The doubters are far rarer these days. They still crop up, but nothing like before.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Its not as bad as it use to be. It is true that while 5E was huge out of the gate, for months and months (and months) posting about it could be completely ridiculous. Early on very few people were willing to express much confidence in it, even as they were playing it, and later you still had a vocal and clueless minority denying reality.

The doubters are far rarer these days. They still crop up, but nothing like before.

There were a lot of 4e fans who felt betrayed there was a new edition and weren't afraid to voice it. They made a lot of comments about doom and gloom and predictions of a failed edition. Heck, I've seen on a few forums (some more than others) where people said they would actively do what they could to ruin 5e. Not sure how that works, but whatever.

For the record, I don't think that behavior is exclusive to 4e fans, and I'm sure many 3e fans had the same reaction when 4e came out. Can't be as sure though, because I largely ignored such discussions because I still stuck with AD&D. And I'm not saying AD&D fans didn't also do the same thing when 3e came out, but it was probably a lot more muted because there wasn't as strong of an online community back in 1999 as there was in 2008 (4e) and 2012 (playtests of 5e).

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
No, I'm talking here, on these forums. I never go to 4chan, and probably never will. I don't even go to Reddit.

4Chan... Weekly Zard thread... I am not always certain the two are very dissimilar.

Let me clarify that I do enjoy some of his threads and opinions. Just sometimes feels like some click-bait is being thrown out there.

Edited for typos. :blush:

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases