D&D 5E OrcPub2: We've Come a Long Way

red-orc

First Post
OrcPub has come a long way since I first started building it with feedback from users here on enworld. The first version did have a lot of drawbacks and bugs, so I ran a Kickstarter to help make OrcPub into what I knew it could be. We now have a new, much more sophisticated version for D&D 5e up now in beta at https://www.orcpub2.com. We'd love to get your feedback before we go live. Even if you don't play D&D 5e we've built a pretty robust system that should allow us to fairly quickly implement any rules system, so I'd love to hear if there is any need for or interest in in a similar app for, say, older versions of D&D or other games. Thank you much!

-RedOrc
Supreme Leader
OrcPub

Last edited:

wwanno

First Post
I think there aren't any for ad&d, there wasn't all that technology at that time.
But I am not sure about how many people still play editions older than 3.x

Anyway, it is a good 5e generator, I like it!

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Ganymede81

First Post
I like the new character generator.

That said, customized backgrounds are AL legal, but the program flags them as being illegal homebrew.

Kryx

Explorer
Hi RedOrc,

As a developer of some other software products for D&D I want to firstly thank you for the time and effort that you have put into the product.

I have some questions and comments:
  • Would you consider adding filters to your monster list? I'm often looking for a certain type (human), CR, Encironment, or other factor. Being able to filter the list would be immensely helpful. donjon has a similar feature
  • Would you consider adding non-SRD monsters to the list in name or pseudo-name? I understand the legal limits of showing the whole statblock, but if you just had a name or pseudo name then I can use the above filter to find all the monsters I want.
  • For the Monster list perhaps consider a 2 column approach - it would match the 5e style, help with readability of long words, and reduce the amount of scrolling needed
  • Monster statblock formatting could likely use a styling update to match the Monster Manual format. Words like "Melee Weapon Attack" and "Hit" should be italic. The size and type are too large and bold, the armor description often has an extra set of parenthesis, there are no divider lines between the sections nor borders below words like Actions. Sections like Actions and Legendary actions shouldn't be italic. The spacing after the sections at the top like "Speed" or "Skills" seems to be too large. It should be about 1 space
If you would prefer this feedback in some other medium (a bug board or your feedback thread) then I can direct it there.

Thanks again for your continued hard work and I look forward to this product's continued development.

red-orc

First Post
Thank you wwanno. Having played all editions but 4th, I'm pretty excited about adding support for older editions, especially 1st, if there is enough interest.

red-orc

First Post
Certainly interest in it for at least one other game from me.

Would you mind naming the games you are interest in? I have a lot of fond memories of Shadowrun, so that is one I'm considering. Pathfinder seems like it might be a good candidate, but I believe there is already quite a bit of tooling already available.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Would you mind naming the games you are interest in? I have a lot of fond memories of Shadowrun, so that is one I'm considering. Pathfinder seems like it might be a good candidate, but I believe there is already quite a bit of tooling already available.

Just the one for now - my own system, WOIN!

www.woinrpg.com

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases