D&D 5E Your top 5 feats

ShogunAssassin

First Post
There are alot of different feats, some are good for optimizing some for flavour so whats your top 5 favourite feats?

Mine:

Great Weapon Master
Lucky
Mobile
Mounted Combatant
Dual Wielder

strateg

First Post
My top is:

Sharpshooter
Crossbow Expert
Magic Initiate
Sentinel
Resilient

But as already said, different play styles requires different feats

pdegan2814

First Post
Spell Sniper & Sharpshooter, because wussies who hide behind rocks don't deserve AC bonuses from cover.
War Caster, because Shocking Grasp as an AoO is way cooler that just swinging a dagger at them when they walk away.
Resilient Con/Wis, I pretty much always take one of these two depending on which save profs I already have, because failing either of these at crucial moments can SUCK SO HARD.

DaveDash

Explorer
Sharpshooter, Great Weapon Master, Crossbow Expert, Lucky, Resilient.

Honourable mentions: Toughness, Polearm Master, Heavy Armour Master, Sentinel, Warcaster, Magic Initiate, Mobility.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Inspiring Leader
Actor
Mage Slayer
Magic Initiate - depending on the character, shillelagh or booming blade.
Mobile

To go for some favorites that haven't already been mentioned.

Kithas

First Post
I assume we are going for power-level here, or just overall usefulness anyways, in no order;
Tough
Heavy Armor Master
Crossbow Expert
Polearm Master
Magic Initiate

Tough gives you the hp of a +4 in con in one asi, can be great to get after that 20 con on a tank or instead of 2 +2 con asi on a meaty melee fighter, 16 con+tough is the same hp as 20 con and it saves you an asi.

Heavy Armor Master is great for tanking, a flat reduction to most incoming damage and a boost to your offense is crazy valuable. Fun exercise, tally up how much damage you reduced(or would have) over one adventuring day, it's surprisingly high.

Xbow expert and Polearm master are old standbys that I really shouldn't have to explain. But to put it shortly; getting an attack for your bonus action is real good.

Magic initiate really shores up a lot of classes shortcomings while not costing a multiclass. My usual suggestions are for Paladins to get thunderclap and firebolt because they have no real aoe or ranged options standard. Other good ones are for reducing MAD on Clerics and Rangers with Shilelagh, grasping vines is real good too. Honestly the level 1 spell could be totally removed from this feat and I would still use it just as much, the cantrips are the important part.

Sleepy Walker

First Post
Defensive Duelist
Dungeon Delver
War Caster
Polearm Master
Tavern Brawler

(Resilient gets most picked, but not favorite)

-Warcaster with Polearm Master is dirty, especially with modified eldritch blasts or booming blade.
-Defensive Duelist pairs nicely with already high AC and absorb elements for a fairly solid all-around reactionary defense
-Dungeon Delver is really good when plundering
-Tavern Brawler is just plain fun

(posting again, since I do not think the first time went through)

Remove ads