D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver - CG

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
OOC: Intelligence(Arcana) check for Brother Lantern, DC 10
[sblock=Pass]They appear to be some form of spell scrolls, but you are unable to understand them.[/sblock]

River Song

Explorer
[roll0]

Taking a close look at the scrolls, Brother Lantern notes the arcane iconography and hands them back "These scrolls are arcane in nature and beyond my ability to use."

eayres33

Explorer
Salazar looks over the contents of the chest and is awed by the amount of wealth it contains. “This wealth most likely came from the townsfolk after we send the rest of the Redbrands on their way we should return this to the people.”

Salazar scratched his chin and looked a little uneasy, “Perhaps we keep a bit of it as payment for our services.”

tglassy

Adventurer
Jax, still in the guise of Glasstaff, calls the Redbrands outside of the room to join them.

“I stumbled upon the new recruits trying to enter my room by the secret passage. They told me there was an intruder. We found him, and I roasted him for his insolence. But he was not a Redbrand, he was a spy, and I do not believe he was working alone. I believe he was sent here by the Lords of Waterdeep. I think they are taking an interest in this little town. It changes our plans. We are leaving Phandalar. Tell the men to pack light and head towards Neverwinter as soon as possible. I will see if I can intercept the other spy before he gets to Waterdeep.

“I want to leave the new recruits to hold this hideout. Our enemies won’t know them. Before you go, I want you to inform them of anything they may need to know about the hideout. Any secrets you have uncovered, any dangers. And of course, they will take care of the prisoners. Show them where they are. I must be going soon.”

OOC: And the big one.

Performance: [roll0] with adv: [roll1]
Deception: [roll2] with adv: [roll3]
Persuasion: [roll4] With adv [roll5]

You can pick which ones are pertinent. I included Advantage just in case, but it may not apply. Finger’s crossed!

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Of course, boss, whatever you say. It'll probably take us a day or so to get everyone together and moving."

"I'll explain to them about the skeletons, and the eye monster. You might want to talk to the bugbears the Spider sent as backup, like I dunno if they'll go with us or not."

eayres33

Explorer
Salazar stood silently as Jax spoke with the Redbrands. His eyes widened a bit when the Redbrands mentioned the Bugbears. Oh Bugbears, Salazar thought to himself, a worth adversary.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Let me show you the prisoners." One of the Redbrands leads you back to the crypt.
The skeletons are in here and will attack unless you have a red cloak on or know the password, "Illefarn". The prisoners are right through the door to the east. He leads you in, relieving the three guards and explaining the situation with the move to Neverwinter. "I'll leave it up to you who watches them, I gotta get ready for the move myself."

You hear a lot of activity throughout the complex.

This long room is partitioned into three areas, with iron bars walling off the north and south. Filthy straw lines the floors of those cells, the hinged doors of which are secured by chains and padlocks. A pair of disheveled human women are held in the cell to the south, while a human boy is confined to the north. All are dressed in plain gray tunics and have iron collars fitted around their necks.

A heap of discarded clothing is piled carelessly against the far wall.

eayres33

Explorer
As soon as the Redbrands left the room he sighed heavily, pointing to the prisoners, “Well I can’t abide this.”

Looking around the room, he thought of the skeleton’s, “Do you think we can get the prisoners past the skeleton’s or should we wait a few moments to let the rest leave and then clear out this place and free these poor people?”

Remove ads