Free Free chapter up on DMs Guild for An Adventure Lost

Slit518

Adventurer
Greetings, fellow readers! Allow me to regale you with tales about a fledgling adventurer named Denderin, and his slave troll.

Right now you can download the FREE first chapter to An Adventure Lost!

Please, take your time, read it, and I hope you enjoy.

And of course, if you do enjoy it, rate and share!

Also, constructive criticism is welcomed!

Thanks for reading!

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/215209/An-Adventure-Lost--Chapter-1?filters=45469_0_0_0_0_0

Couple of quick thoughts (these are critical, but should not be considered discouraging);
- It sounds like you have only written chapter 1 of the book, therefore it seems unlikely that the story as a whole will be well edited (i.e. edited with the whole content and story in mind, rather than just edited one paragraph at a time).
- If you had the whole book done, then you could just give a high quality preview of the first chapter without having a separate product.
- I personally would not buy chapter 2 if I did not know if the whole book was going to be written. Actually, knowing I read faster than you write, I wouldn't start reading until I knew you had the whole thing done. And as you don't have an apparent record of doing this, then I would be skeptical that you would complete the project.
- Stating you don't have an artist, editor, or formatter indicates that you don't have faith in your own abilities (maybe rightly so) and that the reader should expect no art (that ok) and poor grammar and editing (not ok).
- Where is this story set? It doesn't seem to be in the Forgotten Realms or even D&D so I'm a little confused as to why it's up on the DMsGuild.

All that said, those are thoughts and ideas based upon traditional distribution of stories, and today may no longer be relevant.

Hope that help, keep writing.

Slit518

Adventurer
- It sounds like you have only written chapter 1 of the book, therefore it seems unlikely that the story as a whole will be well edited (i.e. edited with the whole content and story in mind, rather than just edited one paragraph at a time).

Well, LordEntrails, you are correct.

I have only worked and written the 1st chapter, the 2nd one is in the process of being finished. I am doing this book piece by piece, as more of an exercise to get me back in the habit of writing. I am hoping that if I put it up on the DM's Guild, people may buy it, some will become fans (even if it's a few), and it will push me to keep writing it.

- If you had the whole book done, then you could just give a high quality preview of the first chapter without having a separate product.

I want the separate product as I am going to be posting a chapter by chapter up there, as well as the all-in-one.

- I personally would not buy chapter 2 if I did not know if the whole book was going to be written. Actually, knowing I read faster than you write, I wouldn't start reading until I knew you had the whole thing done. And as you don't have an apparent record of doing this, then I would be skeptical that you would complete the project.

I have only wrote one book thus far, and started working on it's sequel. Unfortunately my book is not published. As I stated before, I am using this project to get me back in the habit of writing.

- Stating you don't have an artist, editor, or formatter indicates that you don't have faith in your own abilities (maybe rightly so) and that the reader should expect no art (that ok) and poor grammar and editing (not ok).

I don't have those things because I don't have the money to pay for them, and am letting the potential reader(s) what to expect. Also, I don't know anyone who is willing to do them for free.

- Where is this story set? It doesn't seem to be in the Forgotten Realms or even D&D so I'm a little confused as to why it's up on the DMsGuild.

The DMs Guild has moved away from being primarily Forgotten Realms. They also include all other settings, generic settings, and the ability to post fiction. The reader can apply it to any setting they want, I'm not too picky.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate you took the time to write me, and suggest somethings as well as sharing some knowledge.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases