Where should I progress to from a Ranger/Tempest/Assassin TWF build?

Noah Crowner

First Post
First of all, i should specify that this might not be the most optimized class for a TWF, Sneak attack, or even spell casting build. My group, myself included are relatively inexperienced so I'd actually prefer something not necessarily over-powered. What I would like, and what I'm curious about, is your opinions as to how to compliment the style that im looking for past my current build.

Human: Ranger 6, Tempest 5, Assassin 1
Str 18, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 13 (i can actually move these around atm)
Feats: TWF (free) ITWF (free) Endurance (free) Track (free) Dodge, Mobility, Spring attack. I'm thinking of taking Staggering strike, bounding assault, and Two weapon rend as my feats my level 12-13.

So far, my character seems like the type that runs around enemies with the two weapon spring attack, staggering strike, bounding assault, and two weapon rend, sometimes getting off full round attacks but just in general causing chaos and impeding foes. Id like to continue with this style with either a way to increase the damage i deal per hit, increase my overall staying power in the front lines, or a combination of the two. I intend to follow up with a few more levels of assassin for more SA damage and those lethal assassin spells. From here i was thinking of taking the Spell thief class for one level, the Master spell thief feat (stacking caster levels), 1 level of another arcane class, and then going into Dagger spell mage for the next few levels.

Any tips? I should mention that i want to keep the books used to Complete adventurer, PHB 2, and core as much as possible. (master spell thief is from another book though) Any other ideas to help me with this mobile, front lines, TWF, sneak attack style?

Sorry if I rambled, I'm new at this. Thanks

Last edited:

Remove ads