Adventures from Tacnar (IC thread)

shaff

First Post
All of you are at home either sleeping or doing what you normally do at night, but you all are at home.

Those of you that are asleep found yourselves rudely awakened by 2 men both in chainmail with longswords on their sides. They have Large metal shields on their backs with the destinguishing marks of the Imperial gaurd of the king of Tacnar. They say to you that the king has requested your presence in the great hall immediately, he is in dire need of your help. They wait for each of you to gather your things then lead you to The palace, they bring you to a large room, and depending on what order u post in, the room is either empty or has a few other people in it.

Those of you that are awake hear something outside your doors and then without knocking the same 2 men walk into your homes and say, "We appoligize for the intrusion ma'am/sir but we figured everyone was asleep and wouldnt hear our knocking." He then tells you about the king needing your help and he requests your presence in the great hall. They lead you to the same room as everyone else, and that is where we will begin.

OODM: Make conversation and introduce urself if u wish. Most of you are pretty tired though.

bruin

First Post
Galen is a nervous wreck, visibly shaken and sweating, pacing furiously back and forth in one corner of the room. Ever since his parent's murder, he's had nightmares about the minions of authority figures breaking in in the middle of the night, dragging him out to who knows what fate.

And tonight it wasn't just a nightmare.

He has only calmed down slightly since the initial encounter; though he knows he's in no imminent danger now, he's nevertheless dealing with a decade's worth of demons come back to haunt him in the flesh.

As time passes, he grows calmer and more relaxed, and looks around to see who else has entered the room, thinking to himself I could strangle this f***ing king!:D

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena Spenser

Rowena smiles blearily at Galen and anyone else present. She seems genuinely happy to be here. She is a beautiful human woman of about 18 years, with strawberry blond hair, wide blue eyes, and an innocent smile. She wears chainmail, and carries a large sheild, a longsword, and a heavy crossbow.

She approaches Galen. "Greetings, sir. I am Rowena Spenser. Do you know anything of this business for which we have been called? You seem nervous. Don't worry, we all die soon enough."

Jemal

Adventurer
Jonathon looks around at the others in the room as he enters, his tiredness dispelled by the flow of adrenaline... 'Something important must be happening, I'm needed for something...' He thought. It was widely known that he was the best swordsman in town (Or so he liked to think... and had yet to be proven wrong.. though the elite gaurds refused to spar with him.

As his sharp blue eyes gaze across the room, he runs a hand through his short blond hair and glances at the two allready in the room... the man looked like he was expecting to be executed or something, and the woman... he stopped and stared at her for a second, struck by her features, so similar to his own. 'weird.' he thought, then began moving over to them to introduce himself.

OOC: I Just noticed something similar about Rowena and Jonathon:
Blonde hair, blue eyes, weild L.swords and Large shields and wear Chain.. Though Jonathon has a silver dagger instead of a crossbow.

kewl.

Thels

First Post
Eclyssia smiles happily as she leads Thallia along to wherever the guards are leading her. "See, Thallia, it was good to come here. There seems to be always stuff going on in these human settlements. We just arrived and we already get to see the king. I wonder why he needs little us though. Hey, mister!", looking up at one of the guards, "Do you happen to know what the king wants us for?", pointing at the pony.

(If the guards tell her anything, she tries to get as much details as possible. If the guards don't tell anything, she tries different questions that might concern the current situation less and less, ending up somewhere along the line of "What is your favorite color?".)

Upon entering the palace, Eclyssia nonchlantly looks around her at the palace interiors, occasionally dancing a few steps, too much in awe to even notice any of the others.

bruin

First Post
Re: Rowena Spenser

Manzanita said:
"Greetings, sir. I am Rowena Spenser. Do you know anything of this business for which we have been called? You seem nervous. Don't worry, we all die soon enough."

The halfling extends his little hand upwards towards Rowena. "Galen Crosswise, at your service, m'lady. I have no clue why we've been brought 'ere, though it sets m' mind at ease to see I'm not the only one they dragged in. The kings thug's set my heart a'beatin' for sure they did, breakin' in with their shields and swords and such."

After a moment: "Whatever they want, it must be urgent, for them to be pullin' people out'en their beds at all hours of the night."

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Aye, it breaks all rules of courtesy, it does," says a dwarf in well used leathers as he walks in the door. "I be Stoneheart, of Iron's Hold, he says introducing himself, to those present in the room. As you turn at the introduction you notice some sort of furry creature poke his nose curiously around the dwarf's neck.

Last edited:

shaff

First Post
The gaurds tell Eclyssia that the King would like to see them to send them on some sort of mission, he says nothing else the whole trip.

OODM: We are just waiting on Kuroshidaku to post then i will update.

kuroshidaku

First Post
Guuk has been snoring soundly the whole time. The stringy half-orc is lying face-down in the dirt, his mace cradled in his arms.

Finally he wakes, after much prodding by the guards. "Waddaya want?" he says sleepily. Hearing their reply, he simply says "Oh," and starts on the way to the king. "Yeah, yeah, i'm coming," he mutters to the impatient guards. He didn't like being woken in the middle of the night, but of course it was just a show. He was fully alert, as his time as a theif had taught him to be.

As he is pushed into the room, he gives a theatrical yawn as he scans the room, looking for clues as to why he's there.

Halfling, three humans and an elf. Rightuous lot by their look, a paladin even! Well, why would they want poor little Guuk here with them? I'll have to watch them, see how they get along before I agree to anything.

ooC: Oops, sorry, i was sleeping, yeah, that's right... sleeping... ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases