trap-filled good Kobold Warren suggestion

Dorian_Grey

First Post
Do you have Dragon Mountain? If so you can get some ideas there. However, low level is a bit more difficult. I normally reserve treacherous kobolds for high level games. However, these might work:

Chain Trap: The chain trap is a difficult trap to spot. Usually buried under refuse, the trap is similar to a bear trap. When stepped on it snaps shut. If the kobolds have access to bear traps, they'll use them (10% chance, higher if the lair is near wooded areas with human hunters; trap attacks, no dex AC bonus, causes 2d6 damage). Typically the traps are just made from what they can find, and they snap shut on the targets leg. The trap will have a strength score of 12 + 1d8. Typically the trap is then anchored to a wall, with a chain - hence "Chain Trap" - allowing the kobolds to stand back and kill the captured creature with ranged weapons.

The Paddle: The paddle trap is an ingenious device designed to make medium sized characters life miserable. Two boards are set at knee height to the typical human, and chest height. The paddles are set to hit the target from the front (top) and rear (bottom), typically both causing damage (1d6 B) and knocking the target prone. Small targets will take damage, but not be knocked prone.

Slip and Slide: Many kobolds build their lairs close to underground water supplies, which often means there will be gaps and ravines in the underground environment. When that occurs often bridges are put up, though the ones that are human sized tend to be greased up. These are slips and slides. They are intended to be slippery and dangerous, typically in the middle, causing the target to fail a dex save and fall off the bridge (causing 1d6 damage per 10' of the fall - keep the falls minimal for low level).

Flail Ball: Fails are hidden in the city. Each fail has a chain with some daggers or knife blades. After the first one is tripped, it falls and cuts the next causing a chain reaction where flails are swinging wildly from the ceiling. Usually the first one is in the middle of the room and any creature within 5' of the ceiling will be attacked.

MoutonRustique

Explorer
I especially love the chain trap! Wonder why I never made the link with pilfering kobolds stealing the traps from villages, camps and whatnot...

Some Assembly Required from dungeon 208 is a scenario I really like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases