D&D 4E List of Potential New Martial Practices

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I was thinking this was for brain storming, so not fullly elaborated. Though it does occur to me now that we are down to needing 4 more practices (to match the 49 rituals in the players handbook) it might be appropriate to having a better synopsis on each listed in so that mayhaps new ideas can be better targetted for and around the context we already have.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
don't like the formatting this platform allows - may do it in a different context like a google doc, inlude columns like analog ritual for those who have one synopsis, relevant skills and so on.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Added Sensei for the teaching of martial arts (analogous to magic weapon creation) - replaces iron palm training. (more general and in some cases incorporates iron palm training)

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
notations added or in process of being added.

-- skills associated
---> Analog Ritual (descriptionof new effect or detail which is different than the analog ritual)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
sensei.png

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I have started adding Martial Techniques to the character builder... Flying Kick, Knife Hand, Lunge Punch etc... both easier and more difficult than I expected.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Martial Techniques
under consideration.

Yang (aggressive techniques)

• Flying Kick
  • Knife Hand Strike/Snap Kick
  • Spin Kick/Chop
  • Lunge Punch
  • Flying Spin Kick

Yin (defensive techniques - currently named from animals)

• Mantis (Plate)
  • Dragon (Scale)
  • Snake (chain)
  • Tiger /Leopard (hide)
  • Monkey/Crane (leather)

Shielding Techniques

• Deflection
  • Sweeping Diversion

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Turns out there are primarily 5 classic animals associated with the Chinese martial arts...
One could go with.... ?

The Crane (cloth)
the Leopard(leather)
the Tiger (hide)
the Snake (chain)
the Dragon (scale).

edit: Though perhaps mechanically Crane should also be leather with a chitinous mantis added at the plate grade

edit 2: There doesnt seem to be a point of having a cloth type, every martial class has skill up to leather...

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Martial Power III

An expansion of Martial Power where in martial practices approach the versatility of rituals, the Martial Arts are returned to Martial power source and Martial classes get explicit Battlefield Control.

Last edited:

Remove ads