Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

Drumroll...

So, I made Dan dig out Mostin's spells. He had no copy on his PC, or any disk that he had, but had a printed set - appropriately dog-eared, and shoved into his box of gaming stuff.

"You've got time to type them up, haven't you Jim?" He said.

I nodded in a resigned way. That's what I spent this morning doing.

TYPING THEM UP

DMs are slaves to their players' whims.

I haven't checked them for ages - they're probably unbalanced and full of holes. Then again, Mostin never casts them anyway. Dan just likes to make spells up. If anyone has any suggestions regarding them, I'll gladly take them on board.

Note that the fleeting leap of evolution is a more recent spell - it was in response to exactly the same question that KingCroMag asked several posts ago viz. the possibility of assuming the epic pseudonatural template. The epic spell is still under negotiation between Dan and I, and is likely to become a point of contention quite soon.

Metagnostic inquiry was never mechanically sound, but had such good RP potential that I was sold on it.

Mostin’s Metempsychotic Reversal

Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V,S
Range: Short (25 ft. +5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One animal, fey or humanoid
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

The subject is instantly forced into the form occupied in a random prior incarnation. Roll on the Reincarnate Spell Table (PHB, p.244) to determine the new form assumed by the creature. It has no recollection of its future life, and instead has a completely new set of memories and experiences, which pertain to its previous existence.

The metempsychotically reversed creature has all the abilities and attributes of its prior life, and is in all ways typical of its creature type: consult the Monster Manual for details. In the case of animals, this means a greatly reduced Intelligence. Only animals, feys, and humanoids are subject to metempsychotic reversal.

Mostin’s metempsychotic reversal may be reversed by a limited wish, wish or miracle.

Mostin’s Metagnostic Inquiry

Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Sor/Wiz 8
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Close (25 ft. +5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One outsider
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None

This spell is designed to extract information from outsiders. The caster is permitted but a single question, and the target is allowed no saving throw, although SR still applies. It cannot be successfully applied to magically bound, held or summoned creatures, and the target must possess a language and be capable of communicating verbally with the caster.

If the metagnostic inquiry is successful, the creature becomes passive and cannot act aggressively for a period of time equal to 1 round per caster level. If the caster, his or her allies, or any third party attack the creature, the effect of the metagnostic inquiry is immediately dispelled, and the target is no longer under the effect of the compulsion. While the passive state persists, the caster may pose a single question to the target.

The metagnostic inquiry forces a state of expanded awareness upon the target creature which connects it directly to the collective memories and consciousness of its type and alignment: for example ‘devil-kind’ or ‘slaad-kind.’ Hence, the subject of the metagnostic inquiry is able to relay information which, as an individual, it would typically not have access to. Note, however, that the visions which the target experiences must still be articulated in its mind and vocalized – hence, its intelligence and wisdom remain limiting factors, as shown on the table below. Creatures subject to a metagnostic inquiry will not intentionally lie, but certain information may still be unavailable at the DM’s discretion: although it possesses enormous potential, this spell in no way renders the target omniscient. The DM should secretly roll the dice and consult the table below.

Target........Imp. Riddle......Cryp. Allegory......Trans. Allegory.....Clear Answer
Int+Wis

Less than 20...01-50................51-75...................76-90.................91-00

20-25..............01-40................41-70...................71-85..................86-00

26-30..............01-30................31-60...................61-80..................81-00

31-35..............01-20................21-40...................41-70..................71-00

36-40..............01-10................11-30...................31-60...................61-00

41-45........................................01-20..................21-50.................. 51-00

46-50....................................... 01-10..................11-40...................41-00

51+.......................................................................01-30..................31-00

Impenetrable Riddle: Either the target creature cannot discern an answer to the question, or the barrage of symbols and metaphors is too much for its mind to deal with. Its answer is so opaque as to hold no real meaning.

Cryptic Allegory: The answer is veiled in obscure imagery and nuance, but is not impenetrable to those who are practiced with riddles and symbolic thought.

Transparent Allegory: Familiar symbols are used to significate the answer to the metagnostic inquiry, which should prove reasonably easy for the caster to interpret.

Clear Answer: The target of the spell answers in clear, precise and unequivocal terms.

Judging the results of a metagnostic inquiry requires DM inventiveness and discretion, as well as a communication of intent from the player. The DM must come up with the answer and render it in suitably comprehensible (or incomprehensible) terms. As the player has no knowledge of the dice result, it can lead to interesting misinterpretations: often the line between a cryptic allegory and an impenetrable riddle cannot be distinguished.

Mostin’s Paroxysm of Fire

Transmutation [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V,S,M
Range: Medium (100 ft. +10 ft./level)
Target: One Creature (and see below)
Duration: Concentration (Up to 4 rounds)
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (and see below)

If the subject fails its saving throw, it instantly takes 1d8+1 point of fire damage per caster level (max +15), and begins wildly thrashing upon the ground, belching fire in great gouts. Creatures within 20 feet of the affected subject sustain 4d6 points of fire damage (reflex saving throws for half).

For each round beyond the first that the caster attempts to maintain the paroxysm of fire, the subject is entitled to a new Fortitude Save, with success indicating that the spell is ended. Failure means that the target sustains the initial damage again, and continues its fiery exhalations. Each round that creatures remain within 20 ft. of the affected subject, they sustain a further 4d6 points of damage.

Material Component: a small piece of sulphur and a clove of garlic.

Mostin’s Torque Tendril

Conjuration [Force]
Level: Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V,S,F
Range: Medium (100 ft. +10 ft./level)
Target: One creature
Saving Throw: None

The caster creates an invisible tendril of force between himself and the target creature, which renders it incapable of approaching him. Every round it attempts to move towards the caster, the target must succeed at a Strength Check (DC 30) in order to succeed: failure indicates that it is instead deflected at half its speed, at 90 degrees to its desired course. If the target attempts to obliquely approach the caster, it is likewise deflected away from him, such that its course is perpendicular to the line of effect between the caster and target.

Focus: a coiled spring.

Mostin’s Interminable Sermon

Level: Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V
Range: 30 ft.
Targets: All creatures within a 30-ft. radius
spread, centered on you.
Duration: Concentration (and see below)

The caster begins to speak of complex arcane matters in a dry, monotonous, academic voice, immediately forcing will saving throws from all of those within the spell’s area of effect. Those who fail their saves stand and listen to the caster, as he expounds various magical philosophies and esoteric theories.

After 5 rounds of monologue, the targets start to become bored and restless, wishing to escape from the interminable sermon, but afraid of offending the caster. For every round which passes after the fifth, each creature affected is allowed a new will saving throw, with success indicating that it can break itself away from the interminable sermon: it leaves the vicinity of the caster at half of its movement speed, attempting to slip away casually and unobtrusively. Once outside of the spell area, the enchantment on those intent upon leaving the caster’s presence persists for 1 round per caster level (max 15 rounds). During this time, they will be unwilling to approach the caster again, as though subject to an antipathy spell.

The targets of an interminable sermon are in no way held or incapacitated, and any attack upon them immediately ends the effects of the compulsion. If the caster voluntarily ends the interminable sermon, or his concentration is broken, the compulsion likewise ends upon those who are still listening to him (but not upon those who have already fled him).

Mostin’s Id Eruption

Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Range: Close (25 ft. +5 ft./2levels)
Targets: One creature
Duration: 1 hour / level

The target creature is beset by strong, unconscious urges. If it fails its saving throw, it will immediately act in a manner exactly contrary to that dictated by its normal alignment and conditioning. Normally suspicious creatures will become friendly, peaceful creatures become violent, selfish creatures become generous etc.

Creatures who possess a very entrenched set of behaviours (paladins, evil clerics etc.) are particularly vulnerable to this spell, because of the extreme reversal that it entails. A champion of good becomes filled with brutality, and will seek to sate his basic urges immediately and without regard to the welfare of others. An evil necromancer may instead offer aid or healing.

Creatures who are rendered passive by this spell (if their normal condition is one of great violence) will still fight defensively if attacked, until the duration expires. Targets with strong religious beliefs and alignment tendencies upon which special abilities are based may need to atone after the spell has expired, at the DM’s discretion.

Outsiders such as demons, slaadi, devils and celestials, being archetypal manifestations of the principles they embody, are immune to this spell.

Mostin’s Fleeting Leap of Evolution

Transmutation
Level:Sor/Wiz 9
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

The subject is infused with the essence of the Far Realm, the insane region beyond space and time where the normal laws which govern reality break down. For the duration of the spell, the subject gains any one of the following benefits:

Flexibility: The subject gains a +10 natural armour bonus, a +10 insight modifier to attacks, and a 100% increase in speed, for all movement types. The subject may use blur and dimension door at will as a 20th level caster, and is not affected by the miss chance that applies to hit concealed targets.

Terrifying Aspect: The subject gains a +10 unnamed bonus to Strength, and clusters of tentacles replace his arms: he may make a number of tentacle attacks equal to 1 + 1/3 of the caster’s level rounded down (maximum 7 total). Each tentacle attacks at the subject’s highest BAB, and deals damage of 2d8 + Str modifier. If this option is chosen, the subject may also assume an alternate form as a standard action, where he appears as a writhing mass of strange organs and tentacles. The subject’s abilities remain unchanged despite his appearance, but other creatures receive a –1 morale penalty to attack him whilst in this form.

Resilience: The subject gains 1d6 temporary hit points per caster level (max 20d6), electricity and acid resistance 20, spell resistance 30 and damage reduction of 10/+3.

Successive castings of the fleeting leap of evolution do not stack: if a new set of abilities are chosen, they replace those already in effect.

Material Component: a piece of matter from the Far Realm.

Mostin’s Aura of Inscrutability

Abjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Duration: 10 minutes / level

The subject is rendered immune to minor divinations which would reveal information about him, including detect poison, detect undead, detect chaos/evil/good/law, detect thoughts, arcane sight, discern lies, know protections and know vulnerabilities. The subject is also protected from detect magic as if warded by Nystul’s undetectable aura, so the existence of the aura of inscrutability is difficult to determine, although it may be inferred that some kind of ward exists. True seeing reveals the aura of inscrutability as an insubstantial haze surrounding the subject, although it does not reveal its purpose or power.

Mostin’s aura of inscrutability offers no protection against scrying, clairvoyance, or similar magic.

Material Component: A piece of sheer fabric.

Mostin’s Arhythmic Apoplexy

Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Range: Close (25 ft. +5 ft./2levels)
Effect: Ray
Duration: 1 round / level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates

A dim ray springs from the caster’s palm, causing the creature it touches to be affected by intermittent spasms and convulsions. For the duration of the spell, the target may only take a partial action each turn, and suffers a –2 circumstance penalty to AC, attack rolls and Reflex saves, as the arhythmic apoplexy interrupts normal movement. Jump, Climb, Swim and all Dexterity-based skill checks also suffer a –2 penalty as long as the spell’s duration persists.

Mostin’s Invulnerability to Perception

Abjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 9
Duration: 1 minute / level

The subject is encapsulated within a protective sheath of null-space, and is rendered undetectable by sight, scent, sound, tactile interaction, blindsight, tremorsense, and all nonepic divinatory spells such as detect thoughts, detect magic, detect chaos/evil/good/law, see invisibility, true seeing, prying eyes, arcane eye, scrying, greater scrying, locate creature and discern location. Epic divinations must make a successful opposed caster level check in order to reveal information about the subject’s whereabouts.

The subject may act normally in his environment, and if his presence can be inferred by his actions, he is still liable to attacks as if they were directed against an invisible creature.

Mostin’s Enmity of Devils (to follow)

Mostin’s Diminishing Prognostication (to follow)

Mostin's Myopic Emanation (to follow)

Mostin's Insidious Probe (to follow)

Mostin’s Ray of Wizening (to follow)

Mostin’s Ecstasy of Revelation (to follow)

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Yay! Even without rigourously checking for balance, these are really flavorful, and useful spells. (Great spellnames, too!)

Besides the general clamor for you to publish Wyre, I hope you are able to produce a book of d20 spells someday, especially once the ELH is in the SRD. You (and your players) really have a gift for creatively pushing the envelope, and these spells (and the epic spells over in the Middle-Earth thread, which I've printed for my own campaign someday) really show that off. Thanks for spending all morning typing them, too!

Olive

Explorer
Eridanis said:
and the epic spells over in the Middle-Earth thread, which I've printed for my own campaign someday...

which thread is that? I wouldn't mind having a look.

EDIT: and thank you, Eridanis, for your sig. very clever.

Last edited:

darkbard

Legend
sep, once again a heartfelt thank you to you and your players-- both for the mechanical inspirations of this thread and the awe-inspiring storytelling of the other threads.

oh, and grodog: any chance you could do your thing and pass me along [again] the word documents of the various story hour threads and this thread as well? a boatload of thanks in advance.

darkbard
luddite@sko.janis.or.jp

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Re: Mostin's Fleeting Leap of Evolution

Recipients of the spell could receive wisdom damage because of exposure to the far realm. Or maybe nightmares. Or maybe visitations by unspeakable horrors.

More lovecraftian, less utilitarian.

Lela

First Post
Dang fricken monkey!

I am so going to use Mostin's Interminable Sermon on my players one of these days.

Thank you from the bottom of my terrified little players hearts!

Very, very nice spells :D

On the Fleeting Leap of Evolution, if you decide to make it deal wisdom damage (Ability Damage that can't be healed like some of the spells in the Book of Vile Darkness?) perhaps make it more wisdom damage to humanoid types but less for outsiders (so it makes it easier on Alienists who have transcended already). Or maybe just add an extra component in there, Alienist or Outsider.

Also, it seems to cap out already at 7 tentacles by the time you cast it, consider making it 1 extra tentacle per 4 caster levels (limit 7) or 1 tentacle per 5 caster levels (no limit-although this may be clunky)

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
The current Middle-earth d20 thread can be found here.

And you're welcome. A friend of mine emailed the link to me, and I knew it had to go into my sig. It was between that line, and "Rangers? I think they call them serial killers, now." :)

darkbard, I'll send you my doc, which has fallen behind on the data in this thread. It'll tide you over until grodog can send you his (and no, Allan, I haven't been able to run the .diff yet on our files :( Work - grr! ptah! phooey! say I).

Some Bad Guys

More bad guys pending...

Shupthûl

Male Shadow Half-Fiend / Half-Sidhe Fighter 10; CR 22; Medium-Size Outsider (Fey); HD 6d6+24 plus 10d10 + 40; hp 140; Init +11; Speed 60 ft.; AC 30 (touch 14, flatfooted 26); Attack: +22/+17/+12 melee (1d8+6, +2 keen adamantine thinblade) or +26/+21/+16 missile (1d8+9 plus 1d6 fire plus poison, +5 (+4 mighty) flaming burst composite longbow and MW arrow); Face/Reach 5 ft. x 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Spell-like abilities, spells, poison, hypnotism; SQ Darkvision 60 ft., DR 5/+1, evasion, fast healing 2, immunities, low-light vision, plane shift, resistances, see invisibility, shadow blend, SR 18; AL CE; SV Fort +16, Ref +17, Will +14; Str 19, Dex 25, Con 19, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 24.

Skills and Feats: Animal Empathy +18, Bluff +18, Hide +21, Knowledge (local) +17, Knowledge (nature) +17, Knowledge (planes) +17, Listen +20, Move Silently +16, Perform +21, Ride +23, Spot +15; Dodge, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Thinblade), Far Shot, Improved Critical (Composite Longbow), Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Manyshot, Mobility, Mounted Archery, Mounted Combat, Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Ride-by Attack, Weapon Finesse (Thinblade).

Spells: Shupthul casts arcane spells as a 6th level bard (3/5/3 spells per day; save DC 17 + spell level). Spells Known: 0 level – daze, detect magic, ghost sound, mending, prestidigitation, read magic; 1st level – expeditious retreat, message, unseen servant, ventriloquism; 2nd level – enthrall, detect thoughts, whispering wind.

Ignore Spell Failure (Ex): Shupthul may ignore a portion of the arcane spell failure associated with using armour. He subtracts 20% from his total spell failure chance.

Shadow Blend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, Shupthul can disappear into the shadows giving him nine-tenths concealment. A daylight spell negates this.

Spell-like abilities: At will- blur, change self, charm person, clairaudience/clairvoyance, invisibility, speak with animals; 1/day- bestow curse, suggestion. These abilities are as the spells cast by a 9th level sorcerer. Shupthul has the bardic music ability as a 6th level bard. Shupthul also uses these abilities as a 16th level sorcerer: 3/day - darkness, poison, unholy aura; 1/day – cause fear, desecrate, mirror image, unholy blight, contagion, blasphemy, unhallow, horrid wilting. All Save DCs against spell-like abilities are 17+ spell level, where appropriate.

Fast Healing (Ex): Shupthul regains lost hit points at the rate of 2 per round. Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from thirst, starvation or suffocation, and it does not allow the sidhe to regrow or reattach lost body parts.

Evasion (Ex): If exposed to any effect that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, Shupthul takes no damage on a successful saving throw.

Hypnotism (Sp): As a free action, once per round, Shupthul may attempt to hypnotize (as the first level sorcerer/wizard spell) a single target within 30 ft. by meeting its gaze. Only humanoids are subject to this effect, but there is no limit on the number of hit dice or levels that the target can possess. The save DC is 21. A target which resists the hypnotism effect cannot be affected by Shupthul again for 24 hours.

Immunities (Ex): Shupthul is immune to all mundane poisons and diseases (but not supernatural poisons and diseases).

Plane Shift (Sp): Shupthul can move between the Demiplane of Afqithan and the Plane of Shadow as a move-equivalent action. The ability transports Shupthul and up to six other willing creatures. Shupthul’s plane shift ability always transports the user to a point exactly coterminous with its current position. It is otherwise similar to the spell of the same name.

Poison (Ex): Shupthul routinely uses arrows envenomed with wyvern poison (Save DC 17; initial and secondary damage both 2d6 Con).

Resistances (Ex): Shupthul has acid, electricity, fire and cold resistance 20.

See Invisibility (Su): Invisible creatures are always visible to Shupthul, as if he were constantly under a see invisibility effect.

Possessions: +5 mithral breastplate, +4 mithral buckler, +2 keen adamantine thinblade, +5 (+4 mighty) flaming burst composite longbow, potion of haste.

King Irknaan

Male Shadow Half-Fiend / Half Sidhe Sorcerer 16; CR 28; Medium-Size Outsider (Fey); HD 6d6+24 plus 16d4+64; hp 149; Init +10; Speed 60 ft.; AC 23 (touch 16, flatfooted 17); Attack: +20/+15/+10 melee (+5 chaotic mortalbane dagger); Dmg: 1d4+9 (+5 chaotic mortalbane dagger). Face/Reach 5 ft. x 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Spell-like abilities, spells, poison, hypnotism; SQ Darkvision 60 ft., DR 5/+1, evasion, fast healing 2, immunities, low-light vision, plane shift, resistances, see invisibility, shadow blend, SR 40; AL CE; SV Fort +13, Ref +18, Will +22; AL CE; Str 19, Dex 23, Con 19, Int 27, Wis 20, Cha 32 (38)
Languages: Sylvan, Draconic, Abyssal, Auran, Infernal, Ignan.

Skills: Alchemy +18, Animal Empathy +24, Bluff +38, Concentration +24, Handle Animal +24, Hide +16, Knowledge (arcana) +28, Knowledge (local) +28, Knowledge (the planes) +28, Listen +17, Move Silently +16, Perform +38, Ride +16, Search +18, Scry +28, Sense Motive +21, Spellcraft +28, Spot +17

Feats: Corrupt Spell, Dark Speech, Expertise, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Violate Spell, Spell Focus (Enchantment), Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment), Epic Spell Focus (Enchantment), Brew Potion, Craft Wondrous Item, Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration, Empower Spell, Widen Spell.

Spells: Irknaan casts arcane spells as a 16th level sorcerer (6/10/10/9/9/9/9/7/5 spells per day; save DC 24+ spell level or 30+ spell level for enchantments). Spells Known: 0 Level – resistance, prestidigitation, detect poison, ray of frost, ghost sound, mage hand, arcane mark, detect magic, read magic ; 1st level – magic missile, identify, protection from good, know protections, ray of enfeeblement; 2nd level – cat’s grace, detect thoughts, blur, blindness/deafness, shadow mask; 3rd level – fly, haste, dispel magic, nondetection; 4th level – sonic orb, polymorph self, enervation, dimension door; 5th level – sending, hold monster, dismissal, feeblemind; 6th level – planar binding, geas/quest, mass suggestion; 7th level – greater scrying, limited wish; 8th level – flensing

Irknaan also casts spells as a 6th level bard (3/7/6 spells per day; save DC 24 + spell level or 30+ spell level for enchantments). Spells Known: 0 level – open/close, prestidigitation, mending, dancing lights, flare, daze; 1st level – expeditious retreat, unseen servant, mage armour, alarm; 2nd level – darkness, silence, undetectable alignment.

Shadow Blend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, Irknaan can disappear into the shadows giving him nine-tenths concealment. A daylight spell negates this.

Spell-like abilities: At will- blur, change self, charm person, clairaudience/clairvoyance, invisibility, speak with animals; 1/day- bestow curse, suggestion. These abilities are as the spells cast by a 9th level sorcerer. Irknaan has the bardic music ability as a 6th level bard. He also uses these abilities as a 16th level sorcerer: 3/day - darkness, poison, unholy aura; 1/day – cause fear, desecrate, mirror image, unholy blight, contagion, blasphemy, unhallow, horrid wilting, summon monster IX (fiends only) and destruction. All Save DCs against spell-like abilities are 24+ spell level, where appropriate.

Fast Healing (Ex): Irknaan regains lost hit points at the rate of 2 per round. Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from thirst, starvation or suffocation, and it does not allow the sidhe to regrow or reattach lost body parts.

Evasion (Ex): If exposed to any effect that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, Irknaan takes no damage on a successful saving throw.

Hypnotism (Sp): As a free action, once per round, Irknaan may attempt to hypnotize (as the first level sorcerer/wizard spell) a single target within 30 ft. by meeting its gaze. Only humanoids are subject to this effect, but there is no limit on the number of hit dice or levels that the target can possess. The save DC is 21. A target which resists the hypnotism effect cannot be affected by Irknaan again for 24 hours.

Immunities (Ex): Irknaan is immune to all mundane poisons and diseases (but not supernatural poisons and diseases).

Plane Shift (Sp): Irknaan can move between the Demiplane of Afqithan and the Plane of Shadow as a move-equivalent action. The ability transports Irknaan and up to six other willing creatures. Irknaan’s plane shift ability always transports him to a point exactly coterminous with his current position. It is otherwise similar to the spell of the same name.

Resistances (Ex): Irknaan has acid, electricity, fire and cold resistance 20.

See Invisibility (Su): Invisible creatures are always visible to Irknaan, as if he were constantly under a see invisibility effect.

Possessions: +5 chaotic mortalbane dagger, ring of freedom of movement, crystal ball with detect thoughts, bracers of armour +6, mirror of vanity +6, mantle of epic spell resistance.

Lehurze

Female Succubus Sorcerer 14; CR 23; Medium-Size Outsider (Demon); HD 6d8+6 plus 14d4+14; hp 82; Init +1; Speed 30 ft., fly 50 ft. (average); AC 20 (touch 11, flatfooted 19); Attack: +16/+11/+6 melee (+2 greater wounding dagger); Dmg: 1d4+3 (+2 greater wounding dagger); SA Spells, spell-like abilities, energy drain, summon tanar’ri; SQ DR 20/+2, SR 12, tanar’ri qualities, alternate form, tongues; SV Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +16; AL CE; Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 23.

Skills and Feats: Bluff +22, Concentration +7, Disguise +12, Escape Artist +7, Hide +7, Knowledge (arcana) +24, Knowledge (the planes) +23, Listen +16, Move Silently +7, Ride +7, Search +10, Scry +14, Sense Motive +22, Spellcraft +24, Spot +16; Dodge, Mobility, Quicken Spell-like Ability, Spell Focus (Evocation), Spell Penetration, Violate Spell, Energy Substitution (Sonic).

Spells: (6/8/8/7/7/7/6/3 spells per day; save DC 16 + spell level or 18+ spell level for evocations). 0 level – acid splash, ray of frost, dancing lights, flare, ghost sound, mage hand, arcane mark, detect magic, read magic; 1st level – mage armour, identify, net of shadows, ray of enfeeblement, true strike; 2nd level– obscure object, web, combust, see invisibility, eagle’s splendour; 3rd level – avoid planar effects, fireball, displacement, dispel magic; 4th level – dimensional anchor, improved invisibility, polymorph other, wall of fire; 5th level – ball lightning, stop heart, magic jar; 6th level acid storm, disintegrate; 7th level – power word, stun.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will – charm monster, clairaudience/clairvoyance, darkness, desecrate, detect good, detect thought,s doom, ethereal jaunt (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), suggestion, teleport without error (self plus 50 pounds of objects only; 1/day – unholy blight. These abilities are as the spells cast by a 12th level sorcerer (save DC 16+ spell level).

Energy Drain (Su): Lehurze drains energy from a mortal she lures into some act of passion, or simply by planting a kiss on the victim. If the target is not willing to be kissed, Lehurze must start a grapple, which provokes an attack of opportunity. Lehurze’s kiss or embrace inflicts one negative level; the victim must succeed at a Wisdom check (DC 15) to even notice. The Fortitude save to remove the negative level has a DC of 18.

Summon Tanar’ri (Sp): Once per day, Lehurze may attempt to summon one balor with a 10% chance of success.

Alternate Form (Su): Lehuze may assume any humanoid form from Small to Large size as a standard action. This ability is similar to polymorph self but allows only humanoid forms. While using this ability, she gains a +10 circumstance bonus to disguise checks.

Tongues (Su): Lehurze has a permanent tongues ability as the spell cast by a 12th level sorcerer.

Tanar’ri Traits: Lehurze is immune to poison and electricity, and possesses cold, fire and acid resistance 20. She can communicate telepathically with any creature within 100 feet that has a language.

Outsider Traits: Lehurze has darkvision (60-foot range). She cannot be raised or resurrected.

Skills: Lehurze receives a +8 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks.

Possessions: +2 dagger of greater wounding, cubic gate, iron bands of Billarro

Nhura

Female Shadow Half-Fiend / Half Lillend Bard 8 Loremaster 6; CR 24; Large Outsider; HD 7d8+42 plus 8d6+48 plus 6d4+36; hp 201; Init +5; Speed 30 ft., fly 105 ft. (average); AC 20 (touch 14, flatfooted 15); Attack: +28/+23/+18/+13 melee (+4 huge vampiric greatsword); Dmg: 2d8+10 (+4 huge vampiric greatsword); SA Improved grab, constrict 2d6 +7, spells, spell-like abilities,; SQ Poison immunity, acid, cold, fire, electricity resistance 20, DR 5/+1, Evasion, plane shift, regeneration 2, saving throw luck bonus, shadow blend, lore (+21), greater lore (identify), secrets (inner strength, weapon trick, applicable knowledge); SV Fort +14, Ref +20, Will +22; AL CE; Str 24, Dex 21, Con 17 (23), Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 23.

Skills: Appraise +14, Bluff +26, Concentration +22, Craft (instrument) +19, Intimidate +21, Knowledge (arcana) +27, Knowledge (planes) +24, Listen +13, Move Silently +11, Perform +26, Scry +19, Sense Motive +18, Spellcraft +20, Wilderness Lore +16

Feats: Combat Casting, Extend Spell, Still Spell, Create Wondrous Item, Skill Focus (Knowledge: arcana), Dark Speech, Obscure Lore, Power Attack

Spell-like abilities: 3/day - darkness, hallucinatory terrain, knoch, light; 1/day- charm person, speak with animals, speak with plants. These abilities are as the spells cast by a 10th level bard (Save DC 16 + spell level). Nhura uses the bardic music ability as a 14th level bard, and also uses these abilities as a 21st level sorcerer: 3/day - darkness, poison, unholy aura; 1/day – cause fear, desecrate, mirror image, unholy blight, contagion, blasphemy, unhallow, horrid wilting, summon monster IX (fiends only), destruction.

Spells: Nhura casts arcane spells as a 20th level bard (4/6/6/5/5/5/5 spells per day; save DC 16 + spell level). Spells Known: 0 level – detect magic, ghost harp, ghost sound, mending, prestidigitation, read magic, songbird; 1st level – distort speech, expeditious retreat, message, know protections, mage armour; 2nd level – detect thoughts, eagle’s splendour, see invisibility, silence, undetectable alignment; 3rd level – analyze portal, dispel magic, displacement, clairvoyance/clairaudience, haste; 4th level – hold monster, legend lore, locate creature, improved invisibility, speechlink; 5th level – dream, greater dispelling, nightmare, revenance, persistent image; 6th level – control weather, plane shift, great shout, veil.

Possessions: +4 huge vampiric greatsword, necklace of adaptation, chaos diamond, amulet of health +6.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases