Encounters with the Supernatural

LGodamus

First Post
Djeta Thernadier said:

That's interesting. I'll have to look into it, although I seriously doubt I'll be coming into contact with a lionfish again. But creepy animals fascinate me. I always just sort of figured I wasn't allergic to it. I'm not allergic to poison ivy (as in, I could roll around in a bed of it and not get all red and itchy), so I was sort of thinking it was that sort of thing...something most people had a bad reaction to, that I just didn't.

Well many poisonous animals , like snakes for instance, can dry bite...it happens very often with king cobras....they will bite , mostly humans or herd animals, and purposely inject no venom....they do it just to startle what they consider to be a predator away from them, but they dont wish to kill it because it is to big to eat.

Cecil

First Post
Many unexplained events in my life...most of them in the precognitive arena. Dreams, etc.

A good one for a storyline is this from my daughter. We didn't give it any credence until a couple of days later.

Even for a three-year old, she drew what was obviously a plane and a big building. It looked like a red flower was coming out of the building. I'll see if I can find the picture and scan it.

But what would happen if you used something like that to identify where the bad guys were going to attack next?

Bob5th

First Post
Clueless said:

You know.
Of all the ones in this thread - for some reason this is the one that made me sit up and go "Oh... " and shudder for a moment. I'm not sure I could take the idea of something wanting *in* like that. I know I'd be sitting out there with a cross, and a smudge stick throwing down everything from Christian to Native American rites...

Me I'd just be sitting there clutching the shotgun which is in this room along with 2 .22 rifles.

Datt

First Post
WillTheBuddhist said:
2.) This is the biggest one, and yet by all measures the smallest one. I have this weird habit of causing street lights to turn off. I know it sounds absurd, but hear me out. This happens almost EVERY SINGLE TIME I drive when street lights are on. Now, of course not every light turns off, but almost every single time I drive a light will turn off or on.

This has been going on for about 4 years or so. It happens at all times, too. 8 in the morning, 10 at night, 2 in the morning. It happens when there's a lot of traffic, when there's no traffic. Rural areas, urban areas. I've picked this apart ad naseum trying to find a pattern to it all, but I can't, and that's a big admission from someone who's mind is so pattern oriented.

My friends thought I was nuts when I told them this. But now every time I'm with them at night and a light turns off, I point it out to them. Granted, it happens to everyone, and it happens to my friends also, but this happens almost every time I go out and there's a street light on.

The only logical (?) explanation I can think of is a certain emanation or sorts that everyone has, something that I think interferes with the lights. It seems stronger in me. That's not a good or bad thing, just a thing. I know that sounds crazy, but I can't think of anything else. It's just not plausible that these are all coincidences.

The exact same thing happens to me. Every time I drive a street light will go out. It is the wierdest thing. It also happens to a friend of mine. One time we were driving in his car and were approaching a stop light that was green. Before we reached the light it turned yellow. We slowed to stop but instead of turning red it turned green again. One of the wierdest things that has ever happened to me.

Clueless

Webmonkey
Bob5th said:

Me I'd just be sitting there clutching the shotgun which is in this room along with 2 .22 rifles.

Admittedly. My short sword would be right beside me along with a stake and mallet... If it's gonna touch somethign physical, then hopefully it has to take a physical form to do so. If so - I'm going to kick its ass.

On the other hand having more throughly reviewed the thread (for plot ideas for a SR game - muhahahaha!) I must revise my original statement. "Door thudder" takes second place to freaky black eyed kids. I think I'm going to carry a crowbar in my car now. (This said in good humor, as having a spare crowbar around can be useful anyways. *proudly wears a MacGyver fan ID*)

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Clueless said:

Admittedly. My short sword would be right beside me along with a stake and mallet... If it's gonna touch somethign physical, then hopefully it has to take a physical form to do so. If so - I'm going to kick its ass.

On the other hand having more throughly reviewed the thread (for plot ideas for a SR game - muhahahaha!) I must revise my original statement. "Door thudder" takes second place to freaky black eyed kids. I think I'm going to carry a crowbar in my car now. (This said in good humor, as having a spare crowbar around can be useful anyways. *proudly wears a MacGyver fan ID*)

Don't forget your duct tape, and swiss army knife! What they need to do, is resurrect that show, but have MacGyver be a hunter of the undead...now that would be cool.

Also, I'll second the vote for Black eyed kids as being THE SCARIEST thing on this thread. I dunno, but I think the bleeding walls takes the cake over door thudder, but not by much.

Lastly, I have a humorous anecdote, related to the thread. So, last night around 11:30, I'm re-reading all the freaky stuff here, and my screen suddenly goes white, with the message "Escape Now" in bold letters... I was genuinely freaked. I'm thinking, "Holy Christ, my computer is trying to tell me something...WHAT IS IT TRYING TO TELL ME!?!"

So, I click on the screen like a madman, trying to get it to tell me more, or whatever...and then a window opens on my screen...a window to....*gasp* cheaptickets.com. It was a freakin' vacation ad pop-up! I felt SO stupid. But now, it's at least good for a laugh.

Datt

First Post
I think they are making a new MacGuyver. But this time I think it is going to be either his kid or nephew. Not sure if Richard Dean Anderson is going to have anything to do with it either.

Bjorn Doneerson

First Post
Alright, three new experiences of mine.

1. My cousin now sets off store alarms, you know the ones to make sure your stealing stuff? Even if someone else is carying the bags she can just put her arm through the gate thing and set it off.

2. My friend's mother can project energy. We were trying to get this little battery powered radion to pick up...well, anything at all, and all we got was static. My friend's mother picks up the radio, it comes in clearly, then she puts it down and it goes back to static. She then tells my friend to "put it up there by the fishes" (a wind chime in a tree) static the whole way over until it's on a branch just below the fishes. It might also be of interest that they're Wiccans and very interested in psychic phenomena.

3. I should become a gambler. I have on occasion willed my dice to come up the highest possible number. (I did this trick in front of friends with a d20 and a d6, several times.) I did this by yelling "Go, go gadget dice" as I released the dice from my hand. Yes, I'm serious. I also once, while playing poker stared at the deck rubbing my temples and acting psychic. I was then dealt a royal flush. And the most recent occasion was when I altered the outcome of an electroniic "Pocket Slots" game. I concentrated on the game getting "rocks" (actually bells) across the center line. It came up rocks several times after that, although I don't know on what line. Later last night I concetrated on 7's coming up (three 7's is 5000 points, Rocks are 500, and Cherries are 100) This morning, my mother was playing the game and it came up 7's.

Kesh

First Post
You know that game on The Price Is Right where they start out with a giant deck of cards, and turn over the first card? Then you have to call whether the next card will be higher or lower in value?

As a kid, I was damn near perfect on that one. My grandfather (a bit of a gambler) saw me doing it one day, and got out a deck of cards to play with me. I think I got bored after 15 or 16 cards correct in a row. :D

I believe my mother told him something to the effect of, "No, you can't take him to the track." :cool:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases