Encounters with the Supernatural

The_Universe

First Post
nearly forgot...

I found a nearly-perfect humanoid footprint--VERY BIG--in the snow one winter when I was 10. Pretty flat, with HUGE toes. I don't know why anyone would pull a prank like that 1/4 mile from a farm in South Dakota. I never told anybody but friends and my mom and dad, so it seems kinda silly if it were a hoax..

Unfortunately, that's the only only evidence I've ever seen/heard of anything out of the iordinary existing in South Dakota.

Cecil

First Post
Was your daughter's drawing prophetic? You didn't include a date in your post, although I assume it was drawn on Sept. 10, or something...?

She drew it on the 9th....but it doesn't do a bit of good if no one recognizes it ahead of time....I mean, how much does a little girl draw? We've recognized after-the-fact pictures on two occassions, the 9-11 incident being the most chilling.

Arnwyn

First Post
The_Universe said:
Also, I'll second the vote for Black eyed kids as being THE SCARIEST thing on this thread. I dunno, but I think the bleeding walls takes the cake over door thudder, but not by much.
Yeppers. The top 3 stories on this thread that gave me the heebie-jeebies were:
1) black-eyed kids
2) bleeding walls
3) door thudder

All three of those gave me the willies. (Blood plasma from the walls?! If I saw that I'd turn into a blubbering idiot rocking back and forth in the corner...)

LGodamus

First Post
The_Universe said:

Don't forget your duct tape, and swiss army knife! What they need to do, is resurrect that show, but have MacGyver be a hunter of the undead...now that would be cool.

Also, I'll second the vote for Black eyed kids as being THE SCARIEST thing on this thread. I dunno, but I think the bleeding walls takes the cake over door thudder, but not by much.

Lastly, I have a humorous anecdote, related to the thread. So, last night around 11:30, I'm re-reading all the freaky stuff here, and my screen suddenly goes white, with the message "Escape Now" in bold letters... I was genuinely freaked. I'm thinking, "Holy Christ, my computer is trying to tell me something...WHAT IS IT TRYING TO TELL ME!?!"

So, I click on the screen like a madman, trying to get it to tell me more, or whatever...and then a window opens on my screen...a window to....*gasp* cheaptickets.com. It was a freakin' vacation ad pop-up! I felt SO stupid. But now, it's at least good for a laugh.

That is funny as Sh*t....I almost ruined a keyboard on that one

uv23

First Post
night terrors...

Fun thread. Haven't read through it all yet but thought I'd post about my night terrors. Not necessarily supernatural events per se but most certainly freaky. Unfortunately, time (and a good deal of trauma) have resulted in a lot of lost details. But here's one that I can remember.

I am lying in bed, having an awful time trying to sleep. I toss and turn for a good two hours, finally winding up on my left side but still awake. I suddenly hear my name being whispered in my right ear over and over again. I am paralyzed by fear but eventually manage to pull my blanket over my head. I sense something approaching, then suddenly fingers are drumming on my face through the blanket. I do a good deal of screaming then throw the blanket off and sit up and the experience is over. Had I fallen asleep and experienced a super real dream? I certainly don't recall falling asleep or waking up before and after the experience. And there was none of the normal abstract thought and imagery associated with my dreams.

This is the second most severe night terror that I've had. I can't remember the worst but I rememeber that it happened. This experience filled me with such abject terror that even writing about it here and now gave me goosebumps and caused tears to well in my eyes.

Night terrors are nasty nasty things.

wolfen

First Post
1) UFO Sighting in the woods. It was the size of a golf ball or so, bright blue like a magnesium flare. My wife and I saw it slowly circle our car beneath the tree canopy, about 15' from the ground. We drove out of there pretty quickly once we realized that we were BOTH seeing it and both felt very strongly that it was watching us.

2) Spirits visit in dreams telling me future events. One time they told me something that I needed to pass on to someone else. It was freaky as heck.

3) Strange "Channelling" type experiences where I can ramble about things I know nothing about but turn out to be true.

4) This guy, Barnabas, makes himself known in my head once in a while. For example, I never knew his name but one time I was just laying around thinking about how you never hear of "spirit guides" with normal names like Bob or Joe. Instantly the name "Barnabas" pops in my head outta nowhere. So I figure it's a fluke. About 15 minutes later, out of the blue, my wife is about to ask me what I think my spirit guide's name is. There's no rhyme or reason for her to be asking it, especially just then. The split second before she starts to ask I again hear the name "Barnabas" and laugh my ass off. 'Cause I think Barnabas put the question into her head and arranged the whole thing so I'd know his name. Anyway, he's a nice guy, I think. I give him a lot of crap but he puts up with it pretty good. But I can't do certain things. Like I wrote his name "Barney" above to joke about it -- but I can't. I feel really bad if I disrespect his name.

5) When I was a kid I was asleep. My dog's soul or whatever passed through my dream on its way...to wherever. He was loving me and wanting to be with me, but couldn't. It was pretty friggin' scary and sad at the same time. I woke up in the middle of the night crying, knowing he had just died in the back yard.

6) As I posted in another thread, sometimes I get night visits (or so I believe) from entities passing by. I think when I'm asleept my brainwaves are tuned to Bizarro World because people pop in and my body starts shakin'. I always wake up telling somebody to leave and asking God to protect me...which seems oddly consistent to be a coincidence for all the times it has happened. I mean, if you have a weird sleeping experience do you think your first response would be "Please don't enter my body...?" I wake up saying stuff like that, it's not like I think it through or anything.

7) When I was a kid I used to be able to look at people and know a lot about them. I was extremely sensitive. Anyway, I "toughened up" and grew older, and stopped "judging people" as I called it...and now I just barely make out simple things. Barnabas is always telling me I could expand things if I want, but I'm not sure I care anymore.

8) The channelling thing? It works best with other people. Often people will casually express some personal problem or internal conflict and it's like all this information rushes into my head and I can't sputter it out fast enough. I can see how their soul is needing to learn something and all this weird stuff. I've learned to keep my mouth shut, though. 'Cause I really don't know what the hell is going on.

9) My grandmother has "Gilda" instead of Barnabas. (Her dad was supposedly a psychic). Anyway, Grandma was askin' to know her guide's name and she wakes up early the next morning to the sound of a woman talking very loudly in her ear "My name is Gilda!" Jumped right outta bed and asked Grandpa if he heard it to, but he hadn't. You could say that it was self-induced...but you don't know my grandmother. Her Dad was pretty damn convincing, from what I hear.

10) My wife sees and talks with spirits every day. She is a very successful businesswoman with friends and a real life. While most of my stuff happens in my sleep, she can meditate and have more interactive communication. I'm not interested in doing that. They have their life, I have mine...I'll know what I need to know.

We are not freaks, we just have freaky experiences. I am, for all intents and purposes, a healthy, well-adjusted, successful adult. What holds me back is I'm a tremendous skeptic at heart and I'm not sure what to believe...I just know something's going on.

wolfen

wolfen

First Post
Krieg said:

Anyone have any insight of why psychics seem to avoid & even fear me?

At least one psychic has indicated that I am a "dark" entity that is somewhat undesireable in the beyond. I think you have to consider that psychic vision is like anything else -- it can be skewed by the person's perception. You might be a fairly distasteful soul to anyone with that particular gift, but that doesn't mean you're doomed or evil or anything...just that you'd mess up their inner tranquility.

Kinda like the very loud guy at a party who doesn't know what a loudmouth he is. Some people won't care. People accustomed to quiet surroundings will hate him. You might be a psychic loudmouth, or you might have certain unseen "friends" with you that are particularly malignant. I'd do some introspection regarding your inner drives and tendencies. You might be attracting a very dark posse. Barnabas says "You are known by the company you keep."

wolfen

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases