Encounters with the Supernatural

Kesh

First Post
Ahh, sounds like you saw a will-o-wisp. People have talked about those near my hometown too. Anywhere from golfball sized to beachball sized, usually either moving through the woods or following cars down country roads.

Kesh

First Post
Ahh, sounds like you saw a will-o-wisp. People have talked about those near my hometown too. Anywhere from golfball sized to beachball sized, usually either moving through the woods or following cars down country roads.

Krieg

First Post
wolfen said:
At least one psychic has indicated that I am a "dark" entity that is somewhat undesireable in the beyond. I think you have to consider that psychic vision is like anything else -- it can be skewed by the person's perception. You might be a fairly distasteful soul to anyone with that particular gift, but that doesn't mean you're doomed or evil or anything...just that you'd mess up their inner tranquility.

Kinda like the very loud guy at a party who doesn't know what a loudmouth he is. Some people won't care. People accustomed to quiet surroundings will hate him. You might be a psychic loudmouth, or you might have certain unseen "friends" with you that are particularly malignant. I'd do some introspection regarding your inner drives and tendencies. You might be attracting a very dark posse. Barnabas says "You are known by the company you keep."

wolfen

*shrug* I've always found it amusing as much as anything. I've always put it down to psychic's being decent judge's of people (whether they actually have any paranormal powers or not) & picking up on the fact that I'm a pretty die hard skeptic.

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Door Thudder

Yessir--we're talking about your posts. *shudders*

What else happened? If there's worse than door thudder, and you're alright telling us, then please do so!

dave_o

Explorer
Okay, fine, I'll post more. :D My SAN score must be so high after all I've been through.

In San Diego, over the summer, I stayed in my girlfriend's mom's place. It's a huge, old contemporary Californian home, and I was staying in one of the unused bedrooms. Throughout my stay I kept feeling hands on my sides and stuff while I was asleep, and I'd wake up, thinking it was my Salem - only, she was sound asleep in her bedroom.

"Hmm," I thought, "ghosty, nothing unusual for me."

One night, I was walking through my hallway, coming from the bathroom. My vision starts to get hazy, as the hallway seems to fill up with a dark-colored mist. Standing at the end of the hall is a girl, about my height, looking down at her feet. Since I'm in night vision mode, I walk toward her, thinking it's my girlfriend.

And my arms pass through her, and she seems to dissipate into the rest. I ran back into the living room and hid under the covers.

Not enough? :D

A few years back, here, in Dave's Evil-o-Rama (moving in May, moving in May, moving in May), all the dogs on this stretch of road died. Around fifteen dogs in total.

That night, I was out on the back porch, with my uncle and a few friends. The moon was full, as cliche as it is, and it was during the dog days of summer. The humidity was so bad that it was actually difficult to see. Way up the road, we hear a dog barking. Nothing unusual, until it makes a few strangled cries which get cut off.

It happens again, closer. I start fearing for my dogs, so my uncle produces the ever-present hillbilly shotgun from his truck. (Sigh, I hate Kentucky) We stand sort of close to the dogs, around twenty yards away, when we hear our neighbor's dogs start howling and barking. My aunt hastily grabs our dogs, shoving them inside, and going inside with them.

Thusly, my uncle and the rest of us run to the neighbors. We hear their dogs make the same strangled cry, and see our neighbors walking back toward their house, scared to f'in death. When asked what happened, they wouldn't say a word.

Fifteen dogs dead, one night, with no visible wounds save for the ones a few inflicted on themselves.

I live here. :(

Edit - Did I talk about the stalker in the woods yet?

Last edited:

Clueless

Webmonkey
dave_o said:
Fifteen dogs dead, one night, with no visible wounds save for the ones a few inflicted on themselves.
I live here. :(
Edit - Did I talk about the stalker in the woods yet?

.... *stare*
*why* have you not moved yet?

On the other hand - keep talking, yer getting me ideas. :)

Maraxle

First Post
I've got one, but it's nothing too scary.

When I was 5 or 6, my family and I were all sitting around my great grandmother's kitchen table. My great aunt decided to show us this great party trick she knew where she could cleanse people of "the evil eye". (I put that in quotes because I can't remember what she called it, but it was something along those lines) Anyway, she went to the cupboard and got a bowl, brought it to the sink, and filled it with water. Then she went to the other cupboard and got a bottle of olive oil. She said that if the oil separated from the water, like it's supposed to, that you were free of the evil eye. If it blended with the water, she'd have to do some incantation until it separated. Well, she started with my mother, touching her forehead, whispering something, and then dropping oil into the water. It separated like normal. She went to my dad, and at first it blended, but after she said her "incantation", it separated. It continued like this with mixed results (people being afflicted to varying degrees, or some not at all, like my mom) until it got to me. When she dropped the oil into the water, it blended. No matter how many times she said the incantation, it stayed that way. After several minutes of trying, she decided to move on to my cousin who was sitting next to me. When she touched his forehead, the oil separated.

I've always assumed that she was just messing with me somehow, but to this day I haven't figured out how. I thought maybe she had dish detergent on her hand or something, but I don't get how she could have timed that last part so well without touching the bowl.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases