Encounters with the Supernatural

hellbender

First Post
Speaker said:

Having lived in Indonesia for five years, I have been thoroughly indoctrinated into the nature of the spirit world. You cannot go five feet without running into a ghost story, or so it seemed. One of the local houses in the neighborhood I lived in was haunted, and people would come from all the city districts to see it. One day after a particularly widespread story got loose, the traffic was backed up all day as people came, and saw, and left.

Then there is the Jeruk Purut cemetery - not the place to hang around at night.

Now, the local magicians, I have seen. And they have some tricks up their sleeve to make a hardened skeptic to do a double take. You have to wonder just how they are getting those cold, hard stone floors to light on fire. The (arguably) greatest of them all, Didi Kabusi (sp), once did a show at the mall in which he made a friend's (analog) watch spin extra fast, and bent a spoon. For his finale he managed to tell the same friend the exact name of her significant other – and scared her half to death. He claimed that half his tricks were just that, but the other half... magic. Kotok.

In Tebing Tinggi they called it ketok, but whatever the exact spelling, it is weird as all get out. I never saw the firestarters, but I had heard of them. One of the old Chinese Magicians (Sumatra has a large amount of Chinese people, there are a lot of stupid racial tensions there, but that is another story, not for these boards) showed me a weird trick to do using one of the trigrams from the I-Ching. While strange, most people I have shown this trick to can do it as well (it is inward and entirely mental, not an outward trick).

h e l l b e n d e r

Last edited:

hellbender said:

One of the old Chinese Magicians showed me a weird trick to do using one of the trigrams from the I-Ching. While strange, most people I have shown this trick to can do it as well (it is inward and entirely mental, not an outward trick).

Can you describe it?

hellbender

First Post
Kamard- Arcanaloth said:

Can you describe it?

The technique is a weird sort of regression. Simply picture in your mind the 49th hexagram (ko) of the I-Ching upon a door in your mind. Then mentally open the door and walk through. I find it easiest to draw out the figure, stare at it to get a good impression, and mentally paint it upon a door then push the door open. One aspect is that for me, every time I do this, it is a wooden door underground. I have only had to be restrained once, some people go berserk, some have pleasant experiences. I learned through later investigation that this was used as a form of past life regression by budding psychologists of the early portion of the last century. It is thought of as an experiment in atavism.

Try this at your own discretion if you wish, in a quiet area when you are relaxed. Don't come hunting me down if you go into a berserker rage, think you are a feral animal or a neanderthal and start biting people. It takes a few tries to get through the door for most people, and is a somewhat weird experience that I have seen skeptics come out of with strange memories of their journey through their own heads.

To find an example of the hexagram, go to a place like:

http://users.lmi.net/~tlc/iching/

And look for #49 on the grid, ko, revolutionary change. I suggest drawing it onto paper and doing the experiment while lying down and relaxed, with as few distractions as possible. It would be interesting to hear back from people who try it and get something.

I am not responsible for the weird stuff in your head.

hellbender

Ashwyn

First Post
hellbender said:

The technique is a weird sort of regression. Simply picture in your mind the 49th hexagram (ko) of the I-Ching upon a door in your mind. Then mentally open the door and walk through.
hellbender
I did something similar to this, in an attempt to learn about my past lives. What I have uncovered amazed and scared me. If I am not insane, and what I have seen is all real(which I believe it is), there are some incredible and terrifying things out there, and down here. There are far too many things for me to decribe here, but I will say that after what I've seen(and felt), I could make a horror movie that could terrify anyone. If specifics are wanted, feel free to e-mail me. I'd be interested to compare notes with anyone who has had a similar experience as this.

I'm also very empathic, and tend to syphon feelings from other people, whether I'm physically near them or not. My own emotions also tend to be magnified as well. There have been many instances in which I have sensed how people have felt, despite them acting to the contrary.

There have been other things which I'll post when I remember them.

Bjorn Doneerson

First Post
Alright I got three things.

1. Electronics hate me. Last summer especially. Phones calls wouldn't go through ("the call cannot be completed as dialed") even though I dialed the correct number. And tried again. Like Five times. And could see the number on the tiny screen of the phone. The computer would crash whenever I used it. On one Occasion I walked into a room and the TV went all staticy. It worked again shortly after I left the room. This actually sounds like it could be the same phenomena as street lights, but I don't do alot of late night walking so I don't know if I'd do that.

2. I have prophetic dreams. Usually of TV shows and Conversations I'll have. They are in exact detail, including the thoughts I will have at the time, which involve me being freaked out, trying to alter my thoughts against what I dreamt, and being freaked out again that no matter how hard I try I cannot think something I didn't predict I'd think. Also, one time I dreamt of having a conversation in which someone said to me "You know I had a dream about this talk last night." and I just had to say "Yeah me too."

3. My house smells funny. The house used to belong to my mother's grandfather, who died in the house. My great-grandfather had a very distinctive smell. I can't possibly describe it, cause I don't know of anything else similar. Sometimes me and my family come home and the house has that smell.

haiiro

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
It's a nalusa falaya! Or a skunk ape that's way too far north...

The description of the Nalusa Falaya doesn't really fit, but that was a nifty link. I <a href="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=skunk+ape">Googled skunk ape</a> (which I had also never heard of), and quite enjoyed some of those links as well. Both would make pretty good game elements.

dave_o

Explorer
So, I tried the I-Ching diagram, and this is what I saw:

I walked toward a white, marble door with the 49th hexagram etched into it in black. There were marble columns extending to either side, and though I couldn't see the sky - I knew it was incredbily blue. I reached out, and took the iron ring in the door in my hand, to open it. And inside was just vast, endless, white and gold light.

So what's that mean? :D

Bob5th

First Post
Ok most of these aren't that weird I guess. But I figure I might as well share.

Well talking about dolls the room I'm in now has about 40 dolls hanging all over the walls it's kinda of creepy actually. Which is why I don't sleep in here.

There is a picture in the hall in my house that no matter wich way you look at it from it's looking back at you. It's a painting of Jesus by the way. And I have a nother painting of Jesus in my room that is the exact same as one that was shown on a show about crying/bleeding paintings and statues.

A few weeks ago my two younger cousins were at my house. Later that night we were all outside looking at the star but my cousins were out in the yard trying to catch some fireflies. Joking around with them I said "Watch out for the bears." As soon as I finished both of my dogs started barking furiously at nothing. Ok this one was more funny than spooky but it's a bit odd that I said it at exactly the right time.

Ok for my UFO one. I was driving home at about 2:00am when I saw a yellow-orange sphere about the size of the Moon in the sky at about a 70 degree angle. It kind of shrunk like it was flying away. I dismissed it to being tired and seing the moon go behind a cloud. About 5-10 minutes later I saw the same thing again but this time it was only at a 45 degree angle. I quickly lost site of it after going around a curve. After a few more curves I caught site of it again at about 30 degrees. I never had site of it for more than a few seconds at a time and I never saw it after the third time.

Hope I didn't waste your time with this.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases