D&D 5E Darksun 3.0

Zardnaar

Legend
Also, allow all stats to peak at 22, (24 str for half giants)

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Not opposed to it but you have things like the Barbarian capstone (raise it to 26, 28 for half giants.

Lowering the CR of all the MM by 1 is also an idea I have been throwing around (DS is more brutal).

Zardnaar

Legend
For starting, after rolling their character (or point buy) give all characters +2 to all stats?

Bonus feat, Half Giants and Kreen do not get them (they are a bit more powerful). I did think of that but then you have things like most races will have +4 in their prime.

neogod22

Explorer
Bonus feat, Half Giants and Kreen do not get them (they are a bit more powerful). I did think of that but then you have things like most races will have +4 in their prime.
Yeah but it allows you to keep the rolling or point buy the same as normal. Remeber in 2nd edition, instead of rolling 3d6 for stats, they were rolling 5d4. This allows for the extra in the stat rolls without you having to rework the point buy system.

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah but it allows you to keep the rolling or point buy the same as normal. Remeber in 2nd edition, instead of rolling 3d6 for stats, they were rolling 5d4. This allows for the extra in the stat rolls without you having to rework the point buy system.

Yeah an extra feat also conveys the same idea though (DS PCs are more powerful).

You could easily make it 30 point array or use the old 5d4 as well.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
They were also quite strong how about

+2 str/+2 con or
+2 str +1 con or dex
proficient athletics
Goliath racial power
advantage on con checks

After looking back at the original, I'd probably use +2 Str/+1 Con for ability modifiers along with athletics, goliath racial power, and advantage on Con saves. I think that should be enough, but I also feel like they are missing something, like they may not be quite as good as they need to be when compared to the other races. Maybe +2/+2 STR/CON would be better. I'm primarily going with instinct, no point by point analysis.

Zardnaar

Legend
After looking back at the original, I'd probably use +2 Str/+1 Con for ability modifiers along with athletics, goliath racial power, and advantage on Con saves. I think that should be enough, but I also feel like they are missing something, like they may not be quite as good as they need to be when compared to the other races. Maybe +2/+2 STR/CON would be better. I'm primarily going with instinct, no point by point analysis.

Advantage to con checks is half a feat (warcaster), +2/+1 works for me, athletics is a free skill and the Goliath racial thing seems to be worth half a feat as well.

Default human, +2/+2/+1/+1 stats of your choice+ skill of your choice is what I have so far, half elf on steroids.

I'll rewrite the Kreen option I have as well.

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Advantage to con checks is half a feat (warcaster), +2/+1 works for me, athletics is a free skill and the Goliath racial thing seems to be worth half a feat as well.

Default human, +2/+2/+1/+1 stats of your choice+ skill of your choice is what I have so far, half elf on steroids.
Darkvision can come in handy but I think that for a race it doesn't add much to their individual power level. Do they even have darkvision? I'm looking in the original set booklet and can't spot infravision, could have been errata that I don't know about though.

neogod22

Explorer
Yeah an extra feat also conveys the same idea though (DS PCs are more powerful).

You could easily make it 30 point array or use the old 5d4 as well.
I like the point buy system, even with an extra +2 on all stats, the characters will only be starting off with an 18-19 max in their highest stat, and still will need to use stat increases to get to 22. I'm not too sure about the extra feat because I think it might make the characters too powerful. Most characters aren't gonna take more many anyway, and if you're gonna give them a feat, plus 5d4, plus a wild talent, they will start way too powerful.

neogod22

Explorer
Darkvision can come in handy but I think that for a race it doesn't add much to their individual power level. Do they even have darkvision? I'm looking in the original set booklet and can't spot infravision, could have been errata that I don't know about though.
I don't think they had it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases