(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

tglassy

Adventurer
I'd say tool proficiency doesn't give a bonus, it lets you use the tool. So, if you aren't proficient with Smithing tools, you can't choose to smith. It doesn't give you a bonus to smithing.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Then where do you get the proficiency to pick locks or disable traps?

I'd say tool proficiency doesn't give a bonus, it lets you use the tool. So, if you aren't proficient with Smithing tools, you can't choose to smith. It doesn't give you a bonus to smithing.

I'd say it does both, (lets you do it, and gives you a bonus) just to keep all the tools working the same. Obviously, you have to actually HAVE the tools, as well.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So... everyone ready to go? I've been a bit busy lately, so if everyone is okay with waiting a little longer, I'd appreciate the patience, but if everyone's roaring to go, I'll try to get started ASAP. The one thing I don't want to have happen is for everyone to get busy doing other things and lose interest.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION] you haven't posted your character in the Rogue's Gallery yet. If it's done, go ahead and put it there.

Anyone want to give me three skill checks (here) to go with their "downtime" activity choice, like gargoyleking did?

I'm going to compile them and use them for what you were up to as the game gets started...

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Ready and Set.

When Tommi got out of jail, the guard said "See you soon."

Within an hour, he was visiting his mom, arriving with a bag of groceries, but he soon popped off for an afternoon at the pub. He never unpacked the groceries, and his mom ended up eating alone that night, and so it was that by midnight Tommi was on the far side of town, playing cards.

He wouldn't win a lot at first: small bets, appear to drink more than he did, friendly and easy and folding often. That was enough to get Stumpy to trust him. The dwarf's name wasn't stumpy, but Tommi couldn't pronounce Stompi correctly, or he chose not to be able to. Stumpy was the fish, and by dawn he was hooked; and by the end of the week, he had sold his amor and his axe, and left Daggerford in shame. The only question was whether Tommi had been able to keep any of his winnings.

(1) Wisdom (Insight): [roll0] vs. DC [roll1]
to spot the mark, and determine the right way to waylay him in the coming days.

(2) Charisma (Deception): [roll2] vs. DC [roll3] (includes proficiency in cards)
to win the card games when the evening stretches on.

(3) Charisma (Persuasion): [roll4] vs. DC [roll5]
to convince players to drop their guard, and make it all seem friendly.

(Gambling requires Intimidation, which would be two less than the roll in (3); I don't have the stake though, so I think I'm technically doing something else; since both Pit Fighting and Gambling have the rolling target, I've adopted that. I've only added cards to one roll).

EDIT: Three failures. Looks like Tommi is back in jail.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi's in luck; I'm going to do my own thing as far as the DCs go, and not use those randomised ones. You had some killer rolls there - Unfortunately they were all in the DCs! I will use your 3 rolls (and your rather nice IC stuff) as I introduce your character. I might go with you ending up in jail, though... Stompi doesn't like to lose.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases