D&D 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen, looking for advice on how to draw party back on track

Hazleuth

First Post
I have 6 players so I think the plan might be to do the council meeting once they've finished the shrine and are level 7 ish and then see if they go for the sea of moving ice or Varram with some light adjustment. Then once 9th or close to, work in the Dead in Thay incorporated with the visit to Thay section in the later episodes.

In my mind Skyreach Castle has completed its mission now and has taken the hoard to the well and further preparations are underway to the raising of Tiamat. I was thinking of maybe just using Skyreach as part of the final encounter along with Tiamat. (Something about seizing the sky citadel and having a large scale battle involving that, Tiamat, lots of dragons etc appeals to me...

Obviously things don't always go to plan but the sadist in me wants to either at the end when Tiamat is defeated for Szass Tam to turn up and drink her weakened essence and then become the Tyrant of Faerun for a epic level final campaign...

Remove ads