Votes: 30 13.4%
  • No, I don't use digital tools

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • No, I don't like subscriptions

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • No, the one-time cost is too high

Votes: 25 11.2%

Pricing has been announced.
We finally have the long anticipated and oft demanded digital tools for D&D 5e.

Free if your DM has a more expensive subscription. One time payment for each book. Monthly subscription for more character slots and homebrew.

Are you planning on paying?

Ristamar

Adventurer
I will probably buy the books at the discounted introductory price, but I likely won't subscribe until they roll out more features.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Currently no, it does bring a little bit of convenience but currently my group doesn't meet often enough to make it worthwhile. Might consider it if we meet or play more often.

fjw70

Adventurer
Seems I am the first yes vote. I will be getting the three core books and a heroic subscription from day one. I will pick up the other older books eventually and will get all new books through this tool. Just deciding now whether to continue with buying physical books.

No based on what I've heard, no. I've only heard about character-building tools, which I don't need and aren't worth all the mouse clicking. I'd pay a couple of bucks to have online access to the various rulebooks (for convenience during Internet discussions if nothing else) but not a large amount, and besides I haven't heard of any such thing as part of D&D beyond.

If it starts sporting virtual tabletop features I will be more interested, although UX will still be a huge factor in whether or not I purchase.

Yes.

I have a large group with members who find it financially difficult to purchase more (or even any of the) books. Instead of passing around the limited number of books we have available when needed while people wait impatiently, or having them wait until game day for them to have access to my SCAG or VGtM (and, presumably in the future, XGtE), with my $6 subscription, they will all have access to all the books in my subscription at any time, inside or outside of game. I plan to purchase the PHB immediately, see how the functionality truly is once the full system is live, and then grab the DMG and MM within the first week should it not be an utter bust. I'll buy VGtM and SCAG later, especially if I can get some minor contributions from my players (they should be able to spare $5 - $10)

I'm already having fun with the monster builder, and can't wait to see the further functionality after release!

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Are You Planning on Subscribing to D&D Beyond

I'll buy the PHB on sale, and either the spells or all player options in SCAG depending on pricing and bundles. Can't justify anything more currently given my budget. I have no need for either subscription at this point. The rest will have to wait for Christmas/birthday, with priority going to player options until the encounter builder is up and running. Then that might change. If they produce AL modules, I'll give them a try.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Remove ads