D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus rose, pulling himself out of his reverie. He looked at the Elf, and was instantly enamored by her beauty.

“I am Titus of...well, or less and less consequence, as of late. Thank you for your assistance, your grace. I believe I would have at last fallen to death’s grip had you not been there to help.”

He turns to the elk, marveling in its beauty as well. It was, of course, to the defense of such a wondrous creature that he flew into such abandon.

“Well met, spirit of the forest,” he said, approaching the beast cautiously, running his hand down the elk’s flank, as he would when calming his horse, feeling they taught muscles under the thick fur. “It would have made my heart shatter to have seen harm come upon one as majestic as you.”

He reached up slowly, allowing the tips of his fingers to slide along one branch of the beast’s antlers.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Titus felt his heart race as he touched the antlers.

OOC: Titus gains the Boon of the Elk. He can cast Expeditious Retreat as a bonus action four times. Until he cast his last one, he can speak and understand Sylvan.

Fradak

Explorer
Made for helping, Enseth was glad glad he could contribute to save this poor animal from those predators. But when the Elk bowed, the living construct froze, fascinated. A thousand questions popped into his mind. Is it gratitude? Is that elk sentient? Who gave him this intelligence? Does he have a Master too? This idea struck him.

Full of curiosity, Enseth knelt and reaching to the Elk, brushed the creature as his sensors could find the answers to his questioning. Then he whispered into his ear, "Hello, friend."

When the Elf introduce herself, he said, as usual "Enseth, Model Number Seven, designed and computerized as a mechanized arcanic defense system.

We are the new alliance of Phalorm en route to save the people of the Shining River. An adventuring company gathered to fight against Maglubiyet and his servant, Khugorbaeyag the Overseer who is forming a goblin-host... And some Red Wizards. I could demonstrate this last assertion but it would be too long.

Would you like to know more? "

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Enseth touched the Elk and could feel a strange charge go through his system.

GM: Enseth gains the Boon of the Elk. He can cast Haste once (on himself) as an action. Until he does so, his movement rate is increased by 10 feet.

The elf replied to him, "In fact, I would like to learn more. Furthermore, I think my Prince would like to hear your tale. Would you accompany me to meet him?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Trail to Julkoun/Laughing Hollow
Evening
Round 0

Angis glanced at the others when the elf invited them to meet her prince. Did they dare trust the pointy-ears? Did they have a choice.

“If ye wish,” Angis said diplomatically. They were at the mercy of the elf anyway. Who knew how many of them were hiding in the trees around them, arrows aimed at their hearts, ready to slay them should they disobey.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 10/22 HD: 2/2d10+2

Bolts used:

Spells
1) 1/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi runs his fingers through his hair, and is surprised to find a small twig. "Sure!" he says enthusiastically. He looks back to the elk, and then to the elf.

He feels the creature's power within him, working its way mysteriously.

"Will your friend be alright?" he asks, indicating the elk.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin nods, liking this plan. "We would love to meet with your prince. Let me get Hanar moving again and we can be along."

Turning around, he notices Angus looking suspiciously around and smiles at him before whispering in Dwarven. "I think they mean to be friends."

Then he's off, taking Hanar by the reigns and urging him back onto the path.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Trail to Julkoun/Laughing Hollow
Evening
Round 0

Angis glanced at Dandin. “Aye, lad. ‘‘Ware the friendship of an elf, ‘fore ye wear an arrow in yer back’ is an old dwarven sayin’, lad,” he returned in Dwarven to the halfling, but he followed after the others as they followed the elf.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 10/22 HD: 2/2d10+2

Bolts used:

Spells
1) 1/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Answering Tommi, Averiel smiled and said, "He has been around for many years. I think he will be okay. It's possible that the Owlbears would have finished him without your assistance, but I suspect you mostly saved him from further injury, rather than from being eaten. It's hard to say."

When everyone had had a chance to touch the elk, it stood tall again and moved off into the forest with a flick of its enormous tail and was gone as if it had never been.

Averiel gestured eastward and said, "Come, friends. We will share a meal with Prince Alagarthas before sundown and you will enjoy the hospitality of the elves, but we must travel quickly."

OOC: I think only Drui hasn't touched the elk (well, and Snake, but I'm gonna have to write him out soon anyway.) [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION]? You about?

Remove ads