D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin considers the news for a moment then speaks up. "I'd suggest disappearing, but they might just go back to the city and get more friends to help hunt us down. We also need to get these people away from any fighting though. They're in no shape to defend themselves let alone run. Could a few of your people take them into the forest while the rest of us deal with them?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"They may send more out to look for us either way." replied Averiel, "If they return they can report having chased off some elves. If they don't return, their boss will know there's a reasonable threat out here. I don't know. I can't pretend to understand the mind of a goblin. They don't seem too keen to chase us into the forest, though."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The elves led the way into the forest, with Tarthagal and Ganalan lagging behind, covering any sign of the group's passing. A hobgoblin's horn blew, not too far off, but no pursuit came. Finally the group came to a clearing, with soft moss and and old oak tree.

Tarthagal said something in elvish and Averiel translated, "There is a fey presence here. We must be very respectful."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin looked around with a smile as they entered the clearing. He could feel the tingle of magic in the air and appreciated the beauty. As they settled down, he pulled his pack off and dug around for a moment before pulling out a handful of bright green apples. These, he offered to the people they had just saved with a gentle smile. "Sorry, this is about all I eat. But if you can stomach them, they should help a bit."

And then he pulled out his shawm and began to play.

OOC: Song of rest again.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Forest/The Bump
Morning
Round 0

Angis wasn’t happy at having to rely on elves again, but he agreed with the plan to fall back. It was best to avoid fights they didn’t need to fight, and these villagers would be a liability.

At the clearing, Angis gave a wary eye. Fey. He followed the others into the clearing, though, and settled down.

“I’ll see if I c’n find us somethin’ more’n apples,” the dwarf ranger said, picking up his crossbow and heading out into the woods.

Survival: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions: Hunter’s Mark (???), Bless (7r, from Enseth)
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 22/22 HD: 1/2d10+2

Bolts: 15
Bolts used:

Spells
1) 0/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As Angis pushed his way through the forest undergrowth in search of food he felt something brush his arm. At first, he thought it was a branch, but the leaves wrapped around his wrist. He was suddenly aware that a woman was standing beside him, gently holding his arm. She whispered in his ear, "I'm very sorry. I, too know the pain of lost love."

Angis tensed, startled, and the woman disappeared in a flurry of leaves, only to quietly step out from behind a tree about ten strides away. She looked downward shyly and then her face darted back up with a smile.

"Oh, did I startle you?" she laughed as Angis' face grew red. Her laughter was delicate, like the sound of a hummingbird's wings mixed with the crackle of dry leaves underfoot.

Dryad.png

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Forest
Morning
Round 0

Angis held the crossbow ready, just in case, startled as he stared at the strange green creature. “Best no’ talk o’ things ye dunnae know,” Angis warned, not appreciating painful memories being brought up. He eyed the creature warily, but kept the crossbow low, not threatening.

“I be Angis Honack,” he introduced himself. “I be sorry if I be intrudin’ on yer forest, but we ‘ad great need. We’ll take only wot we need an’ nae more. An’ ye are?” He had never come across a creature like this before.

Nature: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions: Hunter’s Mark (???)
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 22/22 HD: 1/2d10+2

Bolts: 15
Bolts used:

Spells
1) 0/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
He knew very little of the nature of such creatures, but Angis was pretty sure that she was a fey creature known as a Dryad.

"I am sorry to startle you," said the creature sincerely, "And I did not mean to cause you pain. My name is Oyfanen. You are welcome to take refuge here, from those terrible creatures."

Noticing his crossbow for what seemed the first time she said, "Oh, were you planning to go hunting? I do not object to hunting, when it is done respectfully."

Remove ads