Anyone seen Dunkirk?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I saw it on Friday. Enjoyed it a lot. It's not a perfect movie, but if you like Nolan's work, you'll like this. I'm glad it isn't too long, though; at 1h45m it feels about right. 3 hours of that would be a bit harrowing.

Beautiful film. The timeline play blew me away. The music is incredible. It's not the usual tone for war movies but it works. I would give it a solid 5/7.

AR

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
My brother and I took my dad to see it for his birthday and all three of us liked it. As Altamont mentioned, the timeline play was clever. I thought it was well acted and I loved how it was tense the whole way through. When there was a bit of resolution in one scene it would flip to another and ratchet the tension up again. I thought that was fantastic.

Did you recognize the commander who Tom Hardy and his companions radioed at the start of the film?

Last edited:

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Heh. I was just asking about Michael Caine. Tom Hardy was quite obvious. That was a poorly written question on my part. I should have said "Did you recognize the commander who Tom Hardy and his companions radioed at the start of the film?" Or something.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I didn't, however, recognise the One Direction chap. There were a lot of similarly built lads in their 20s with short dark hair dressed in British WW2 army uniforms soaked with sea water. He could have been any of them!

Remove ads