Creatures Immune to Stun but can be Charmed

Shin Okada

Explorer
I am looking for ideal tank thralls for Mind Flayers. The thralls must not be immune to charm, because that is how mind flayers make thralls. Yet thralls should better immune to stun, because mind flayers tend to include their tank thralls within their mind blast cones.

One particular creature type, Elemental, qualifies. But other than elementals, what kind of creatures are immune to stun and yet not immune to charm?

ElectricDragon

Explorer
My only suggestion for creature type is make their own, either undead (thus charm not needed) or constructs (also charm not needed). I do not know of a specific creature that is immune to stun but susceptible to charm; but I am sure there are some.

Edit:
A horde of earth elementals (of various types), several wraiths or spectres, and a couple of stone golems sounds particularly horrifying, but probably not the theme you had in mind, few thralls in this scenario.

Last edited:

Elemental is probably your best bet.

Otherwise, you could go with someone that has the Warshaper PrC for the Thrall (Some sort of underground druid?).

Third Eye Clarity lets you negate stunning as an immediate action. Or you could use the Talisman of Undying Fortitude to gain various undead immunities such as stunning. Have the mind flayer give it to his thrall.

Give your mind flayer an equivalent to extraordinary spell aim so that the thrall is unaffected.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Elemental is probably your best bet.

Otherwise, you could go with someone that has the Warshaper PrC for the Thrall (Some sort of underground druid?).

Third Eye Clarity lets you negate stunning as an immediate action. Or you could use the Talisman of Undying Fortitude to gain various undead immunities such as stunning. Have the mind flayer give it to his thrall.

Give your mind flayer an equivalent to extraordinary spell aim so that the thrall is unaffected.

Thank you for good suggestions.

Warshaper should work. There should be some lycanthropes in underdark, based on some underground humanoids/giants and/or underground animals. Mind Flayers may catch them and train to be Warshapers.

And I was totally overlooking magic items. Third Eye Clarity costs only 3,000 gp. Mind Flayers should be able to afford some for their front-line war thralls.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases