D&d 3.5 Arcane Judge Prestige

Adam Shepherd

Villager
In my campaign, the Queen has a judge system (similar to the Mega City One lot, but obviously with fantasy equipment. Lawgives are Repeating Lt Crossbow, Daysticks are warhammers, etc...)

One of the characters is a mage - the Queen's son (Ronan the Accuser lol!) who has recently passed his evaluation and gained the Full Eagle. So I thought it worthwhile creating the prestige class for the caster branch of the judges. Btw, despite the name, the "Arcane" judge prestige is for both arcane spellcasters and manifesters

Arcane Judge Prestige Class

Requirements:
Alignment: Any Lawful
Ability to cast arcane spells or manifester abilities
Skills: Knowledge (law) 8, Psicraft or Spellcraft 8

Level To Hit F R W Abilities
1 +0 +0 +0 +2 Stop in the name of the law 1/day, I am the law
2 +1 +0 +0 +3 The Judge always gets his man
3 +1 +1 +1 +3 Defender of the Law
4 +2 +1 +1 +4 Stop in the name of the law 2/day
5 +2 +1 +1 +4 My word is law
6 +3 +2 +2 +5
7 +3 +2 +2 +5 Stop in the name of the law 3/day
8 +4 +2 +2 +6 No Escape
9 +4 +3 +3 +6 THE LAW!
10 +5 +3 +3 +7 Stop in the name of the law 4/day, Cage the Criminal
Hit Dice: D6
Class skills (6 pts per lvl): Concentration, Decipher Script, Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Psicraft/Spellcraft, Sense Motive

Note: every level adds to Spellcaster or manifester level

Stop in the name of the law: Hold Person. Becomes Hold Monster at lvl 7

I am the Law: as Iron Will feat

The Judge always gets his man: The judge can focus on one target, whether a known criminal, or the unknown perpetrator of a known crime – takes 1 hour of examining the evidence. Adds class level to Gather Information, Intimidate, Listen, Sense Motive and Spot checks when hunting the criminal

Defender of the Law: Judge has a continuous Protection from Chaos aura similar to a Paladin’s Pro vs Evil aura

My word is law: Order’s Wrath 2/day

No Escape: Dimensional Anchor 1/day

THE LAW!: Dictum 1/day

Cage the Criminal: As Imprisonment 1/day but to a specific pocket dimension that can hold one being. The judge can release the prisoner later in their presence but cannot imprison another in the same space with it

Remove ads