D&D 5E Inn of the Welcome Wench - RG

EarlyBird

Explorer
1301229188891s.jpg

After a long days travel you finally arrive in the village of Hommlet. With the sky turning a dazzling purple and gold as the last crest of the sun sets over the horizon you hear the sounds of music and laughter. Renewed vigor enters your steps as you rush up the porch of the famous tavern and push through the door.

OstlerDP.jpg "Ah, travelers," says a well to do bearded human from across the room. "Welcome! Welcome to the Inn of the Welcome Wench!" he says with a curt nod of his head.

And welcome everyone to the RG for our trip into adventure.

ToEE - IC
Recuritment/OOC Thread

Adventurers:
- KahlessNestor: Emmyr Anvilforge, dwarven male fighter
- Binder Fred: Rana the Green, human female warlock
- industrygothica Hexiros Verad, dragonborn(blue) male fighter
- Shayuri: Aridha, human female druid
- Charwoman Gene: Gwylla, half-elf(high) female wizard
- hero4hire: Templeton, human male rogue
- River Song: Lady Rebekah, half-elf female bard
- Neurotic: Captain Blackpearl, half-elf male paladin

Subs:
- Steve Gorak: undecided cleric or druid
- TallIan: unknown

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 2,107
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Sorry everyone was eager to start RPing I don't beleive we will be starting the game in the Inn but, all that is still up in the air till I get character backgrounds and motivations figured out.
[sblock=PreOpening]
*clang* *clang* *thump*

"Good block," Zanword said smiling as he lowered his weapon and took a step back. The handsome half-elf wiped the sweat from his brow and took a deep breath. "This place is so wet and humid that I believe I'll be able to breathe water before to long," he joked about the surrounding swamp land, and the mud on his boots.

His sparring partner gave a hint of a smile. "Great place to visit you just wouldn't want to live here, right?" Aridha said still poised to fight. She was determined to learn how to use the blade in her hand, and once she put her mind on something it was hard to distract her. Wait was he trying...

Zanword lunged and his sword contected with the shield once more.

*thump* *thump*

"Good, good. Never let your guard down until you are positive the battle is over."

*clang*

Their swords met and he gave a smile at the concentration on the young human's face. "I have a home girlly," he said still trying to get a rise out of Aridha. "She may be in dry dock at the moment, but soon the Sea Glimmer will skim the waves and brave the storms once more."

*clang* *clang* *thump*

"Good, but the key is to use all as a weapon. To do all you can to finish your opponent before he finishes you." Zanword said pressing his attacks.

*clang* *clang* *KICK*

An unexspected boot contected with Aridha's shield and she wasn't braced for it.

**Splatt**

Aridha fell into the mud, her sword flying from her hand.

"You see, y..."

*swoosh*

Flames leaped out from Aridha causing Zanword to dodge quickly out of the way. Slipping in the mud he ended up losing his sword and, falling to his rump as well. After catching his breath, he noticed the fire wasn't even aimed close to where he had been standing. Reflex had gotten the better of him.

"And never let your guard down until you are positive the battle is over." Aridha said blowing a lock of hair out of her face, her sword hand still aflame.

Zanword raised both his hands before him in mock surrender, and started to laugh and laugh.

"Ah hem," a throat cleared gruffly. Both combanants turned to look up at an old crone standing well out of the mire on a raised knoll. "Are you children finally done playing in the mud?" she asked in her quiet yet serious tone.

"Yes Mother." Aridha said reaching out to take Zanword's hand and then getting to her feet.

"Excellent. It is time." Her tone was one of great concern, marked with a hint of pleasure at finally getting started. "We have people to save and a group to gather."

"Though why I care is quite beyond me," she grumbled at the end, having already turned and started heading away, leaning heavily on her absurdly gnarled cane.

Watching the old human walk back down the hard packed dirt towards camp, Aridha sighed. She wasn't sure what was going on, but Mother Rana had always done right by her so she would follow her lead. Wait.

"We could have practiced right there," Aridha said pointing to the hard earth. "But you insisted on..." she paused a moment, "..you were planning on kicking me the whole time!" she accused the half-elf, before punching him in the arm.

"Oww! Hey at least I thought of making it a soft fall. Don't I get any points for that?"

Meanwhile miles away Lady Rebekah de Salignac sat at a small oval table enjoying the light cool breeze more than what passed for wine in Enstad. Keeping her eyes on the people that came and went, she was always on the look out for Rodok (that half-orc simpleton), if he caught up with her... Rebekah shuddered.

"A bit cold for you my Lady?" her female companion at the table asked. Although a half-elf like herself the two woman couldn't be more different (and not just in looks). Gwylla had spent all morning lost in a book, reading while she ate, reading while they walked, and reading now at the table her wine glass empty. When had she drank that? How could she drink that? Probably didn't even notice what it was or what it tasted like... Rebekah shuddered again this time for a different reason.

"Here you can borrow my shawl, if you like," Gwylla said starting to remove the garment.

"Allow me," a handsome Enstader said laying his coat over Rebekah's shoulders. Gwylla jumped in her seat startled, her eyes going wide. She looked about as if she wanted to find a place to hide. Instead she put her nose back in her book, but didn't see any of the words.

"A poor garment for one of such beauty I admit. But if you allow me the pleasure of your company this evening I'm sure I can find you something in silk and pearls that would befit your queenly elegance."

Rebekah doubted that. She had marked the Enstader earlier and could tell he was either a courtier seeking to move up the social ladder, or a merchant that was barely staying afloat and thought himself successful. Neither prospect was appealing.

Putting on a charming smile and batting her eyes Rebekah manage to force some color into her cheeks. The combination caused Gwylla to gasp, but a quick look (Rebekah only moving her eyes) had the wizard's nose pushed back firmly into her book. The effect had the man on his knees as he noticed none of the exchange for he could not take his eyes off Rebekah. He took her hand, "Please, please do me the honor of dinner this night. I will ask nothing more just your company."

Rebekah paused as she saw Emmyr over the man's head. The dwarf had something in his large hand,(a bottle?). Not wanting a scene Rebekah cupped the man's face with a small warm hand. She could feel the shudder that ran through his body as she spoke, "Tonight then. Please give your address to my ahodok* Mister Emmyr there and I will arrive an hour before dusk."

Turning the human saw the dwarf (who had set the wine bottle down on a table) putting his hands behind his back. Rising he bowed low and kissed the Lady Rebekah's hand. "Tonight then."

Rebekah watch as the human and the dwarf conversed, Emmyr writing something down on a provided slip of paper. "How do you do that? Is it magic? Can it be taught? And how do you get the courage to talk to men so boldly? Don't they make you feel...?" It was Gwylla's turn to shudder. Rebekah smiled for she knew all to well what Gwylla was feeling, but it was only natural after all. But so serious a scholar was the young half-elf that she probably found those natural feelings quiet distracting and probably bothersome as well.

Before she could answer though, the dwarf jingled up to the table. His armor making him sound as if he were a large coin purse being dumped on the chair he plopped down on. "We changing plans?" he asked, pointing a thumb over his shoulder.

Rebekah felt the worn garment on her shoulders. "No. If everything is ready we are still heading north." she said removing the coat and letting it fall.

Crumpling the paper the dwarf added it to the coat on the ground. "Good I am tired of what passes for beer round here, and there's no work to make money to buy it, even if I did like it. The merchant said he will take us as far as Hommlet with what we paid him. If we want to go on from there we just need to pay for the next leg of his journey. But I tell you now we haven't the money to do that as it stands."

Rebekah gave a small shrug, "I'm sure we can find a way to earn a few more coins. We'll eventually reach Verbobonc."

Emmyr nodded, "Good, we'll take ourselves north and see what destiny has in store for us then."

The three companions left for their meeting with the traveling merchant, not knowing what large plans destiny did indeed have in store for them.

"I ain't ridin' wit 'em! No way! No how!"
the cart driver yelled as Hexiros lashed down his gear to the side of a cart. Looking to see who the man was yelling at, the dragonborn's height allowed for him to see over the cart at what was transpiring.

Three humans were standing by the only other cart in this "merchant train", one was a noticeably apart from the other two. And those two were in the midst of an arguement. "Why not?" the merchant asked, although he new the answer.

"He stinks worse than a four day old piss pot! That's why not and that's enough!"
the driver said crossing his arms.

Templeton wasn't new to this a shrugged, he had been paid, and if the merchant didn't want to have him along that was fine too. "Good luck though getting your money back from that tavern keep," the lanky human thought to himself, a low chuckle escaped his lips nonetheless.

The laughter brought the two men's heads around and Templeton just gave a slight nod to the both of them, before stepping up towards his latest employer. The cart driver step back almost immediately.

"Oi' which one be mine to pilot Governor?" he asked doffing his hat an holding it in both hands. The aroma from inside the cap did nothing to improve the air. "That one, that one there." the merchant said pointing and moving away.

Templeton bowed his head once more and climbed up into the drivers seat. Hexiros watched all this with a mild disgust for the actions of the two men. And then looked at the thin human covered in mismatched clothes, armor, and rat skins?. He had a small mischievous smile on his face, as though he were plotting to get back at the cart driver in some way. The dragonman saw no cause for judging a humaniod on his smell (although it was rather odd, and slightly pungent). If that stupid cart drive were hanging from a cliff would he refuse the hand of this man if he held it out. So ridiculous the judgement of some people.

Pulling himself up onto the cart he sat down next to Templeton without a word. The two humans looked up at him their jaws going slightly slack. He stared back at them, and must have had murder on his face for they both started and fell over each other getting to the seat of their own cart.

He looked over at his driver to see a slight look of puzzlement. "Well you don't smell like a troglodyte. So I'm sure after you encounter one it will give you a new goal to aim for."

Templeton just grinned at the comment as the two women passengers loading up onto the merchant's cart caught his eye. With the assistance of a dwarf the two managed to board along with a rather large traveling chest. Then the dwarf moved over to hop into the back of the cart Templeton and Hexrios sat upon. As he walked by he gave a sniff.

"Oh, beggin' pardon please, if that was me. I just have been keeping it in so long around her."
he said quietly. Templeton and Hexrios both gave way to gales of laughter, as Emmyr climbed into the back of the cart wondering what the joke was.

* ahodok = friend in orc (Rebekah figured the guy didn't speak orc)[/sblock]
[sblock=Treasure]
gnoll fight
7 spears - worthless save as scrapmetal
4 shields - also of worthless quality
2 nets - one needs mending
(3d6)[16] silver
(3d6)[10] copper
lump of blue quartz - value 10g

Javin's pay out to Hexiros and Templeton +2gp each

Bekah's shopping HERE +29gp

Ettercap Treasure: Here
25sp
29gp
music box: 20 gp (100gp when fixed)
cracked helm: 1 gp if sold for scrap

Blue spinel = 400gp
amethyst = 100gp
prison tower 71cp, 38sp
bandit loot
besides weapons/armor
Camping supplies enough for ten people for four days
2x explorer's packs - minus rations
84sp
6ep
6gp
11pp
citrines x2 worth 50gp each
gold chain worth 200gp

ghoul treasure
-7 vial holy water
-potion of growth
-scroll: protection from evil and good
-11gp

Templeton's Trinkets
[/sblock]
[sblock=Experience]
First week RP = 100xp
Gnoll Fight = 150xp
Skill Challenge/RP = 75xp
Monthly XP update (Sept) = 100xp
Spiders, Caps, and (Oct) = 330xp
Monthly XP update (Nov) = 150xp
Frogs, Wolf Spider, and (DEC) = 95xp
Bandits and (JAN) = 100xp
Monthly XP update (FEB) = 150xp
Monthly XP update (MAR) = 50xp
Monthly XP update (April) + Zombie Fight = 150xp
Monthly XP uddate (May) = 75xp
Monthly XP Update (June) = 75xp
Monthly XP (July) + Ghouls = 200xp
Anniversary XP = 1,000xp
[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Background]
Battle of Emridy Meadows[/sblock]
[sblock=Side Quests]
#1: The Wedding Gift - COMPLETED[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Rolls]
Captain Blackpearl
- 10, 15, 11, 18, 8, 13, 10, 18, 10, 17
Aridha
- 18, 16, 8, 13, 3, 9, 12, 1, 13, 11
Rana
- 7, 11, 2, 7, 8, 19, 8, 9, 15, 12
Gwylla
- 1, 11, 19, 13, 11, 14, 15, 14, 9, 13
Hexrios
- 16, 5, 19, 8, 12, 17, 15, 12, 12, 7
Rebekah
- 1, 18, 9, 19, 17, 3, 13, 13, 8, 14
Emmyr
- 12, 18, 8, 10, 18, 16, 19, 12, 18, 12
- 13, 10, 14, 7, 16, 12, 16, 4, 3, 1
Templeton
- 19, 3, 12, 11, 10, 19, 10, 18, 8, 11
- 3, 9, 13, 20, 19, 14, 14, 5, 8, 9
- 18, 1, 16, 7, 1, 6, 2, 13, 9, 16 [/sblock]
[sblock=Houserules]
Arcane Lock is a ritual spell for Abjuers only[/sblock]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Rana the Green, swamp witch

PC-Rana.jpg

The first to enter is a wizened old woman, wrinkled face, nose like a knife. By her side stands a gnarled wooden cane with a flared head and a huge, blasé-looking frog with all the leather fittings of a horse. invisible insects buzz around her and in her hair... Her story is known to a few here already, and to those she nods curtly, ally to perhaps-ally, all-business. They know that in her youth, pacts have been forged - with the dripping plants, the inhuman spirits of the swamp, with what some call devils and what others call the Fae. She is, in short, a swamp witch from the nearby swamp.

Sex: Mother
Height: 5'5", nearly 5'7" when unstooped
Weight: 120 pounds
Hair Color: Black with abundant streaks of gray
Eye Color: Palest brown
Skin Tone: Weather-worn
Scars/Tattoos: it's a secret

[sblock=Background]I wasted my life. Husbands, kids: worthless. I’m an orphan of the swamp, gathered from the reeds by the (Neurotic’s god?) orphanage. If I hadn’t loved Gill so, soon as I saw his eyes... If he hadn’t passed almost a decade ago I would still... But ever since, the swamp calls. The mysteries. The dreams. The knowledge and the power I should have inherited!
So much time has slipped by. Where am I going? What should I have been?
Can I still get there?

Personality: Mother. I feel tremendous empathy for all who suffer
Ideal: Power. Solitude and contemplation are paths toward mystical or magical power. (Evil)
Bond: I have many sons and daughters
Bond: A geas of contracts (favors owed, favors owned)
Flaw: Crowds[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Level 3 CG Human-variant fey-pact warlock/hermit
XP = 900 of 900
Inspiration 1

Sharp mind, weak body, strength of the insane :
STR 12 +1
DEX 10
CON 8 -1
INT 14 +2
WIS 14 +2 Save +2
CHA 16 +3 Save +2

AC 13 (10 without The Lady''s Favor)
HP 7/7

Proficiency +2[/sblock][sblock=Features]Light armor, Simple weapons
Skills: Nature, Religion, Medicine, Intimidation and Stealth
Tools: Herbalism kit
Feat: Magic Initiate (Druid)
Languages: Common, Sylvan, High Elven
Hermit Discovery![/sblock][sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Green cloak
Dark clothes
Gnarled ironwood cane (Club, 1d4)
Gleaming kitchen knife at waist left
Trinket: A bramble ring on a string around her neck
Component Pouch waist right
   Fleece (Sleep), string+pieces of wood (unseen servant), bitumen (spider climb), silver (protection), living insect (infestation)
   Old man Wills' locket
   Bronze medallion with Wills wife
   5gp
Riding frog with bit and bridle -> same stats and personality as a mule (speed 40)
   Dark tome (Personal notes)
   Herbalism kit
   Winter blanket
   Scholar’s pack
   Captured loot: A dagger, leather armor, hand axe
[/sblock][sblock=Magic]Water, mud; grasping roots, insects and fey spirits of the swamp

CANTRIPS
- Eldritch blast (VS, 1d10 at 120’)
- Minor illusion (SM fleece, 30’, sound or 5’ object, 1min)
- Guidance/Favor of the Fey (VS, Touch, Druid, +1d4 ability check, conc 1min)
- Infestation (30', Con save or 1d6 + mv 5' random)

SPELLS (1/2 2nd level spell slots per short rest; save DC 13)
  1. Protection from evil and good (Touch, conc 10min, disad attack + no or adv mental)
  2. Sleep (90’, 20’radius, 5d8+2d8/L HPs, 1min)
  3. Witch Bolt/"Spider venom" (30', 1d12, action on subsequent turns = 1d12, end if hidden or out of range)
  4. Spider Climb, as granted by Spider (Touch, conc 1h)
    calm emotions, phantasm force, Darkness/fog, Misty step/puddle or underground, Suggestion

SPELL-LIKE POWERS
- Entangle/Sinking mud (20' square, 1/day, Str save DC 12)
- Fey Presence (10’ cube, Wis check Frightened or Charmed TENT, short rest)
- Pact of the Chain, 1h ritual: Fey-spider familiar (AC 12, 1/1hp, +4 tohit, 20' speed, Darkvision 30', +4 Stealth, Spider climb, Web sense, Web walker)
  • Telepathy 100'
  • Forgo an attack to allow familiar to attack
  • Cast a touch spell to cast it through your familuar
  • Action = perceive through familiar
  • Action = dismiss familiar or recall within 30'
- Invocations:
  1. Armor of Shadows/"The Lady's Favor" (Mage Armor on self at will)
  2. Beast Speech (Speak with Animals at will)
[/sblock]
Wish List:
- Protective magic item
- Learn Entangle spell (AKA Sinking Mud)
- Jump and/or Water Walk item or spell for her frog/mule

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Templeton
RACE: Human-Variant
CLASS: Rogue 4 (Scout)
BACKGROUND: Folk Hero (Ratcatcher)
b-1db84f8bbca82e8c18983d86797cd229.png

Strength 10(0)
Dexterity 18(+4)
Constitution 14(+2)
Intelligence 14(+2)
Wisdom 13(+1)
Charisma 8(-1)

Passive Perception 18 (23 vs Secret Doors)
Passive Investigation 21 (26 vs Secret Doors)
Passive Insight 11

Templeton is an uncouth, unwashed fellow, with a knack for "finding" things.​

[sblock=Appearance and Personality]Gender All Man Ladies!
Age "I don't rightly know when me birthday is guv'nor..."
Height 5'10""
Weight "All skin n' bones they say..."
Hair Brown...Could be lighter if he ever bathed.
Skin Smeared with dirt.
Eyes Hazel, with a bit of a lazy eye.

Templeton is always haphazardly dressed in whatever clothes and furs he has pieced together.​

Traits
Life is hard. Find joy where you can.​

Ideal
Survival. "Haven't thought much past me next meal".​

Bond
"Father Icarus was a Crazy Old Fart, but he got me out of the Slums and showed me the world."​

Flaw
Doesn't bathe or obey any kind of social niceties. "Why bother mate? I'll just be in the $#it tomorrow anyway.."​
[/sblock]

[sblock=Backstory]
Templeton was an orphan who grew up in the slums of the Free City of Greyhawk. He was able to survive by catching and eating rats, and being able to navigate the dark and dirty underbelly of the city. He was found as a teen by Father Icarus an adventuring Priest of St. Cuthbert and "saved" by the elderly adventurer. Templeton now makes a meager living by going town to town and using his skills to catch vermin of all sorts.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Proficiencies and Skills]
Skills
  • Acrobatics +65/b]
    [*]Animal Handling +3
    [*]Arcana +2
    [*]Athletics +2
    [*]Deception -1
    [*]History +2
    [*]Insight +1
    [*]Intimidation -1
    [*]Investigation +6 Expertise
    [*]Medicine +1
    [*]Nature +6 Expertise
    [*]Perception +3
    [*]Performance -1
    [*]Persuasion -1
    [*]Religion +2
    [*]Sleight of Hand +5
    [*]Stealth +5
    [*]Survival +5 Expertise

Proficiencies
Armor: Light
Weapons: Simple, Longsword, Rapier, Short Sword, Hand Crossbow
Tools: Thieves' Tools (Expertise), Tinker Tools, Vehicles-Land
Languages: Common (Aerdi), Keoish, Thieves Cant
AC: 14
Initiative: +3
Speed 30 ft.
Passive Perception: 13
HP: 28
HD: 4
HD Type: 4d8+8
Saving Throws
Str: 0
Dex: 5
Con: 2
Int: 4
Wis: 1
Cha: -1
Attacks Melee: +5, Ranged +5[/sblock]

[sblock=Features]Background: Rustic Hospitality

Feats
Dungeon Delver
Alert to the hidden traps and secret doors found in many dungeons, you gain the following benefits:
You have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) and Intelligence (Investigation) checks made to detect the presence of secret doors.
You have advantage on saving throws made to avoid or resist traps.
You have resistance to the damage dealt by traps.
You can search for traps while traveling at a normal pace, instead of only at a slow pace.

Observant
Quick to notice details of your environment, you gain the following benefits:
Increase your Intelligence or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
If you can see a creature's mouth while it is speaking a language you understand, you can interpret what it's saying by reading its lips.
You have a +5 bonus to your passive Perception and Investigation scores.

Rogue Features
Expertise
At 1st level, choose two of your skill proficiencies, or one of your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with thieves’ tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies. At 6th level, you can choose two more of your proficiencies (in skills or with thieves’ tools) to gain this benefit.
Sneak Attack
Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe’s distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll. The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.
Thieves’ Cant
During your rogue training, you learned thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in a seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves’ cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly. In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves’ guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.
Cunning Action
You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
Survivalist
You gain proficiency in the Nature and Survival skills.Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of those proficiencies.
Skirmisher
Starting at 3rd level, you are difficult to pin down during a fight.You can move up to half your speed as a reaction when an enemy ends its turn within 5 feet of you.This movement doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment and Money]
Money: 0 pp, 7 gp, 0 ep, 0 sp, 0 cp
Music box (20gp/100gp)
Rapier, Shortbow, 20 Arrows, Dungeoneer Pack, Leather Armor, 2 Daggers, Thieves Tools, Tinker Tools, Shovel, Iron Pot, Common Clothes, Belt Pouch, Hunter Trap

[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hexiros Verad, Blue Dragonborn Fighter

[SBLOCK=Character Portrait]
dragon_knight_by_daa_truth-d3i8d8g.jpg

Image by Neil Que
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Hexiros at a Glance]
Appearance: Hexiros is tall and proud. He stands just over six feet and weighs close to 300 pounds. He wears mail made of polished white chain, and carries a halberd and heavy maul strapped to his back.

Background:
The small village outside of Dyvers echoed with the sound of a cracking whip, followed by the frantic screams of a panicked mother begging from her knees. The boy's father, his fingers wound tightly through his wife’s hair, stood stoic and silent, swallowing his courage not to join in his wife’s pleas for mercy. Lord Hunt’s inquisitor reared back again for another strike to the small boy’s back.

“Stop!” The inquisitor paused and scanned the crowd for the firebrand. His eyes opened wide in horror when he found him. The crowd parted, and a blue-scaled man —half dragon, by the looks of it— came forward.

“It was I,” he said in a commanding voice. The village knew him as Hexiros Verad. He was obviously a stranger from a strange land, but he’d proven his worth and the villagers called him one of their own, though he remained hidden any time Lord Hunt and his mercenaries rode in unexpectedly. “The boy is hardly bigger than a chicken himself, he hasn’t the stamina to run down just one, let alone the three of which he is accused.” The dragonborn looked at the farmer McKinnon and scowled, and the farmer slinked away out of sight. It was apparent that McKinnon sent word to Hunt that there was justice to mete. “Punish me. Let the boy go to his mother.”

Lord Lauden Hunt stepped forward and used a gloved thumb to wipe away the boy’s tear. “Is this true, boy?” He looked at Verad, and the dragonborn’s golden eyes told him what to do. “Yes, the boy lied. It’s true. He took them and ate them!”

Lord Hunt shot up, almost gleeful. “Well then!” he shouted. “It seems a grievous error has been made!” With a wave of his hands he sent to guards to restrain Hexiros, though none were necessary. “Tie him to the post! Inquisitor, I thank you for your service, but I shall handle this one... personally.” The inquisitor offered Lord Hunt his whip, but he declined. Instead, he opened a small pack and removed a nine-tailed scourge fitted with bits of metal and glass. He stopped the boy just as he was released to run to his parents. “Boy, stay here and witness what happens to liars and thieves.”

After the beating Hexiros was bound to the stocks, his wounds left open to whatever infection may come. His back was mangled far beyond anything that was considered a typical punishment. Clearly Lord Hunt was terrified of the dragonborn, and stopped just short of killing him outright.

He stood and put his arm around the boy and smiled at his still-crying mother. “Inquisitor, ready your whip!” The mother dropped to her knees and screamed again, and this time his father couldn’t help but join her. The rest of the villagers gasped collectively, except for Farmer McKinnon, who stood proudly next to one of the Lord’s guardsmen. “As I said, this is what happens to liars and thieves!” He then threw the boy into the inquisitor’s waiting arms.

When it was finished, Lord Hunt walked slowly and deliberately to Hexiros, still locked in the stocks. He kneeled, and whispered into his ear. “I’ve quite enjoyed our time together today, foreigner. I look forward to playing again on my next visit to this quaint little village.” As he got up to leave he stopped short, and stepped back. “Oh, and should you think to pack your things and run away to deprive me of my enjoyment, know that three others here will take your place. Every. Single. Time.”

###​

Three months had passed since Lord Hunt’s last visit, but true to his word he sent for Hexiros immediately upon his return. But when Verad arrived, it wasn’t what Lord Hunt was expecting. The dragonborn stood to his full height, clad in a sparkling white chain that contrasted beautifully with his magical blue scales. He carried a well-sharpened halberd close to ten feet in length, and a massive maul was strapped to his back. But perhaps more impressive were the armed and angry villagers that stood at Verad’s side.

Hexiros Verad didn’t strike the first blow that day, nor did he strike the last. But it was his inspiration that led the villagers to their freedom from under Lord Hunt’s oppressive thumb. It is assumed that Lord Hunt fled the battle, for his body was never found. But his men fell hard and fast under the leadership of Hexiros Verad.

Hexiros knew this wouldn’t be the last time he’d face discrimination of this magnitude, and so he left the village he’d called home as to not put them in harm’s way again. He was confident that they could handle themselves if Lord Hunt ever came back and decided to make good on his promises.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Hexiros Verad (Dragonborn Fighter 3)]
Name: Hexiros Verad
Sex: Male
Race: Dragonborn (Blue), Gold eyes, hairless
Class/Level: Fighter 3
Alignment: Lawful Good
Size: Medium Height: 6' 3" Weight: 278
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (dragonborn)
Init: -1
Speed: 30ft
Senses:
Passive Perception: 11
Languages Common, Draconian

STATISTICS
Str 17 (+3), Dex 8 (-1) , Con 14 (+2), Int 13 (+1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 11 (+0)

[SBLOCK=DEFENSE]
AC: 16 (Chain mail)
HP: 28 (3d10+6)
Saves: Strength +5, Constitution +4
Special Defenses: Damage resistance: Lightning
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OFFENSE]
Melee: Halberd +5 Attack, 1d10+3 Slashing (heavy, reach, two-handed)
Melee: Maul +5 Attack, 2d6+3 Bludgeoning (heavy, two-handed)
Melee: Handaxe +5, 1d6+3 Slashing (light, thrown)
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=SKILLS]
2 Fighter, 2 background; Proficient skills in bold
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
-1 (dex) Acrobatics
+3 (wis) Animal Handling
+1 (int) Arcana
+5 (str) Athletics
+0 (cha) Deception
+1 (int) History
+1 (wis) Insight
+0 (cha) Intimidation
+1 (int) Investigation
+1 (wis) Medicine
+1 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception
+0 (cha) Performance
+0 (cha) Persuasion
+1 (int) Religion
-1 (dex) Sleight of Hand
-1 (dex) Stealth (disadvantage when wearing armor)
+3 (wis) Survival
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=RACIAL FEATURES]
Draconian Ancestry: Blue
Damage Resistance: Lightning
Breath Weapon: You can use your action to exhale lightning in a 5 by 30 ft. line (Dexterity save DC 12). A creature takes 2d6 damage on a failed save, and half as much damage on a successful one. The damage increases to 3d6 at 6th level, 4d6 at 11th level, and 5d6 at 16th level.
After you use your breath weapon, you can’t use it again until you complete a short or long rest
Languages: Common, Draconian
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=BACKGROUND FEATURES]
Folk Hero
Skill Proficiencies: Animal Handling, Survival
Tool Proficiencies: One type of artisans tools (Calligrapher's supplies), vehicles (land)
Feature (Rustic Hospitality): Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.

Trait: I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Ideal: People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
Bond: A proud noble once gave me a horrible beating, and I will take my revenge on any bully I encounter.
Flaw: The tyrant who rules my land will stop at nothing to see me killed.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=CLASS FEATURES]
- Fighting Style (Great Weapon Fighting): When you roll a 1 or 2 on a damage die for an attack you make with a melee weapon that you are wielding with two hands, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll, even if the new roll is a 1 or a 2. The weapon must have the two-handed or versatile property for you to gain this benefit.
- Second Wind On his turn, Hexiros can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + his fighter level. Once this feature is used, Hexiros must finish a short or long rest before he can use it again.
Action Surge: On your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action. You must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
Proficiencies All armor, shields, all simple and martial weapons. Cartographer's tools
Martial Archetype: Battle Master
  • Superiority Dice: You start with 4 superiority dice. They are d8 and you use one whenever you use a maneuver. You regain them all when you finish a short or long rest. You gain another superiority die at 7th level and one more at 15th level.
  • Saving Throws: If a maneuver requires a saving throw, the DC is 8+ your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice).
  • Maneuvers
    • Disarming Attack: When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to disarm the target, forcing it to drop one item of your choice that it's holding. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and the target must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, it drops the object you choose. The object lands at its feet.
    • Lunging Attack: When you make a melee weapon attack on your turn, you can expend one superiority die to increase your reach for that attack by 5 feet. If you hit, you add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.
    • Precision Attack: When you make a weapon attack roll against a creature, you can expend one superiority die to add it to the roll. You can use this maneuver before or after making the attack roll, but before any effects of the attack are applied.

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=EQUIPMENT]
Combat Gear:
Chain mail
Halberd
Maul
Handaxe x2

Other Gear: Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet of hemp rope, shovel, cooking pot, belt pouch, calligrapher's supplies, common clothes

Carrying Capacity: 255 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 510 lbs
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=MONEY LOG]
Code:
Starting Gold: 15 gp
+2 gp ([URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?574061-EB-s-ToEE-and-RttToEE-Campaign-IC&p=7221549&viewfull=1#post7221549"]from here[/URL]
------------------------------
Total: 17 gp
[/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]28[/COLOR]/28
[B]Initiative:[/B] -1
[B]Saves:[/B] STR +5, CON +4
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 11
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Draconian
[B]Current XP:[/B] 425
[B]Level:[/B] 1

[B]Skills:[/B] Animal Handling +3, Athletics +5, Perception +3, Survival +3
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 17 (+3), Dex 8 (-1), Con 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 14 (+2)

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No
-[B]Second Wind[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Available, [ ] Used
-[B]Breath Weapon[/B]? [] Available, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]]Used
-[B]Superiority Dice Available:[/B] 4/4

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Lady Rebekah de Salignac
Half-Elf Bard 3 Lore

Charlatan N

Reb.jpg

Strength 8(-1)
Dexterity 16(+3)
Constitution 14(+2)
Intelligence 10(+0)
Wisdom 12(+1)
Charisma 16(+3)
Rebekah is a narcissistic opportunist and manipulator who enjoys the fine things in life.​

[sblock=Appearance and Personality]Gender If you cannot tell then I am not doing this right.
Age How dare you! I am a Lady!
Height 5'4""
Weight This is scandalous!
Hair Deep Chestnut with traces of spun gold
Skin Like Porcelain
Eyes Warm Honey Brown
Lady Rebekah always dresses in the finest of clothing and maintains an immaculate appearance through the use of spells and cosmetics..​

Traits
Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.​

Ideal
Aspiration. I’m determined to make something of myself. (Any).​

Bond
I fleeced the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those I care about.​

Flaw
I'm always in debt. I spend my ill-gotten gains on decadent luxuries faster than I bring them in.​
[/sblock]

[sblock=Backstory]
The woman know as Lady Rebekah would never admit to anyone, least of all herself, of her humble origins; that person simply did not exist anymore. If anyone from her past was to approach her she would respond in outrage that ‘It is simply absurd that a lady of any standing cannot perambulate these country locales without being accosted by every peasant who thinks they know her. The very notion that someone as refined as myself could be of such base origin is scandalous!’

Lady Rebekah would bemoan, to anyone who would care to listen, how ill-fortuned she had been to cultivate a friendship with the sister of the Marquis de Loncre. The darling man had simply been in love with her and as a kindly natured future sister in law. Rebekah, as her innate kindness was ever want to be abused, found her self at odds with the ill favoured child who had the ridiculous notion that she was some sort of social climbing parasite.

Such effrontery could not be born and Rebekah, rashly underestimating her amours steadfastness, called upon the Marquis to choose between his future wife and beloved and the baseless claims of an intemperate child.

Finding herself short on funds and without a home, Rebekah was cruelly thrust back into the world as if she were some sort of common criminal. With but some small possessions and barely any pocket money, she must once again find her way in this cruel and unfair world.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Proficiencies and Skills]
Skills
  • Acrobatics +4
  • Animal Handling +2
  • Arcana +2
  • Athletics +0
    • Deception +7
  • History +2
  • Insight +3
  • Intimidation +5
  • Investigation +1
  • Medicine +2
  • Nature +2
  • Perception +2
  • Performance +5
    • Persuasion +7
  • Religion +2
  • Sleight of Hand +5
  • Stealth +4
  • Survival +2

Proficiencies
Armor: Light
Weapons: Simple, Longsword, Rapier, Short Sword, Hand Crossbow
Tools: Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit, Flute, Lyre, Viol
Languages: Common, Elvish, Orc
AC: 13
Initiative: +3
Speed 30 ft.
Passive Perception: 12
HP: 16
HD: 3
Inspiration:
HD Type: 3d8+6
Saving Throws
Str: -1
Dex: 5
Con: 2
Int: 0
Wis: 1
Cha: 5
Attacks Melee: +5, Ranged +5, CHA Spell +5[/sblock]

[sblock=Features]Background: False Identity
I have created a second identity that includes documentation, established acquaintances and disguises that allow me to assume that person. Additionally, I can forge documents including official papers and personal letters as long as I have seen examples of the kind of document or the handwriting I am trying to copy.
Favourite Schemes: I put on new identities like clothes.

Bard Features

Badic Inspiration (d6)
Use a bonus action to grant one creature within 60ft who can hear you 1 Bardic Inspiration die. Once within the next 10 min, it can roll the die and add it to one ability check, attack roll or saving throw.
  • Three times a day after a Long rest

Song of Rest (d6): During SHort rest recover extra d6 HP from her soothing song.

Jack of All trades: +1 to all non-proficient skills

College of Lore: 3 Skills, Cutting Words as Reactions

Expertise: Deception, Persuasion

Racial Features

Darkvision 60ft

Fey Ancestry - Immune to sleep spell and advantage on saves vs charms

[/sblock]
[sblock=Spellcasting]
Ability
Save DC
Spell Attack
Bard
Charisma

Spell Slots:
1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2
Bard Cantrips Known: Vicious Mockery, Prestidigitation.
Bard Spells Prepared: Charm Person, Faerie Fire, Earth Tremor, Dissonant Whispers, Healing Word, Phantasmal Force
[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment and Money]
Money: 0 pp, 5 gp, 0 ep, 4 sp, 7 cp
Rapier
Flute
Leather Armour
Dagger – up sleeve
Explorer's Pack
Travellers Clothes
Bandollier with 6 darts
Signet Ring of de Salignac – fake
Belt purse

Bottle of Ink
An ink pen
A lamp
2 flasks of oil
5 sheets of paper
A vial of perfume
Sealing wax
Soap

[/sblock]​

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Captain Blackpearl

Captain "Blackpearl" Zanword Sealeaf
Half elf paladin of the ancients 3

[sblock=Advancement]
100 XP for RP
100XP Monthly reward before spiders
150 XP After gnoll ambush[/roll]
[url=http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?574061-EB-s-ToEE-and-RttToEE-Campaign-IC&p=7221675&viewfull=1#post7221675]75 XP RP at Hommlet

330 XP After spiders
150 XP Monthly reward after the party
100 XP after bandit fight
150XP Monthly reward after the cultists in the swamp.
50XP Monthly
75XP Monthly
1000XP 1st year end
Total: 2280 XP

[/sblock]
[sblock=IMAGE]
View attachment 65296
[/sblock]

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Half elf)
Init: +3
Senses: Darkvision (60 ft.)
Passive Perception: 13

Sex: as often as possible
Height: 5'8''
Weight: 165
Hair Color: blond
Eye Color: deep blue
Skin Tone: tanned
Gods: Beory and Osprem
Scars/Tattoos: small cuts on hands, nothing major, two dolphins circling each other on the left shoulder tattoo
Description: Stout blond discreetly half-elven (eyes are almost purple and the ears are pointed, but human sized) Sealeaf prefers light clothes which enable free movement. All his clothes have some sort of sea motif, from fish-scale armor to his personal lucky charm, armband with black pearl embedded into it.
His shield holds wave crest over anchor device and his ship Sea Glimmer is painted deep blue with wave-like pattern over it. A dolphin jumping out of the water serves as his prow and single mast is reinforced by whale bones.
He carries a holy symbol around his neck, strange combination, green disk of Beory, but with a dolphin around it, usually seen as holy animal of Osprem.

DEFENSE
AC: 17 (12 Studded leather, +2 Shield, +3 Dex)
HP: 24 (1d10 +2 Con)
HP for 2nd level: 1D10+2 = [7]+2 = 9
3rd level 1d10+2=3
Saves: Wisdom, Charisma
Special Defenses: Advantage vs Charm, Immune to magical sleep

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft
Melee: Cutlass 1d6+3 slash; Harpoon (1d6+3)
Ranged: Harpoon (1d6+3) 30/60

ATTRIBUTES
Str 10 (+0), Dex 16 (+3), Con 14 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 16 (+3)

SKILLS: 2 paladin, 2 background, 2 half elf
ProficiencySource
AthleticsSailor
DeceptionHalf elf
MedicinePaladin
PerceptionSailor
PersuasionPaladin
StealthHalf elf

SkillAttribModProfTotal
AcrobaticsDEX+3+3
Animal HandlingWIS+1+1
ArcanaINT-1-1
AthleticsSTR+0+2+2
DeceptionCHA+3+2+5
History INT-1-1
InsightWIS+1+1
IntimidationCHA+3+3
InvestigationINT-1-1
MedicineWIS+1+2+3
NatureINT-1-1
PerceptionWIS+1+2+3
PerformanceCHA+3+3
PersuasionCHA+3+2+5
ReligionINT-1-1
Sleight of HandDEX+3+3
StealthDEX+3+2+5
SurvivalWIS+1+1

[sblock=FEATURES]
Half elf
Darkvision: Can see in dim light within 60' as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it was dim light normally apply.
Languages: Common, Elven, Aquan

Sailor
Feature:
[sblock=Reknown Swashbuckler]
No matter where you go, once people learn who you are, they are exceptionally glad to see you. They go out of their way to gain favor with you, buying drinks, giving away trinkents or other items they wish for you to wear and show off. Local shop owners nearly give away their cheapest goods to say that you patroned their establishment. People also shower you with requests and ask favors by the dozen. Hey, fame comes at a price.
[/sblock]

Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Perception
Tools: Navigators tools, water vehicles

Paladin
Spellcasting: Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 13. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +5.
[sblock=Spells]
1st level
Bless
Command
Compelled Duel
Cure Wounds
Detect Evil and Good
Detect Magic
Detect Poison and Disease
Divine Favor
Heroism
Protection from Evil and Good
Purify Food and Drink
Searing Smite
Shield of Faith
Thunderous Smite
Wrathful Smite
[/sblock]
Divine Sense: as an action 4/day, sense all undead, celestial or fiend within 60' who is not behind total cover. Also senses (un)hallowed areas.
Lay of Hands: As a touch action, heal 5hp, cure disease or neutralize poison. Does not affect undead or constructs.
Protection fighting style

Divine smite
Divine health (disease)
Channel Divinity: Nature’s Wrath
Channel Divinity: Turn the Faithless
Spells (4 prepared): Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Heroism, Wrathful Smite, Ensnaring Strike, Speak With Animals
1st: 3 / 3
[/sblock]

Traits: I never pass up a friendly wager, I stretch the truth for the sake of a good story
Ideal: Respect: the ship runs on respect between captain and his crew
Bond: I want to see our bay safe from depredation of pirates and clear of smugglers, my ship may take years to repair, but I'm patient
Flaw: My pride will probably lead to my destruction - once someone questions my courage, I'll never back down

[sblock=EQUIPMENT]
scimitar (cutlass) and shield
studded leather armor and holy symbol
5 javelins
explorers pack (50' of rope, backpack, bedroll, a mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations and a waterskin
manacles
common clothes
belaying pin
50' of silk rope
8 gp
armband with black pearl

gnoll net
[/sblock]

[sblock=Description and History]
Stout blond discreetly half-elven (eyes are almost purple and the ears are pointed, but human sized) Sealeaf prefers light clothes which enable free movement. All his clothes have some sort of sea motif, from fish-scale armor to his personal lucky charm, armband with black pearl embedded into it.

His shield holds wave crest over anchor device and his ship Sea Glimmer is painted deep blue with wave-like pattern over it. A dolphin jumping out of the water serves as his prow and single mast is reinforced by whale bones.

Before becoming Captain Blackpearl, Zanword Sealeaf was part of the Sea Glimmer crew that fought pirates and smugglers around the city. They were good enough in their job that low-lives finally united, trapped them and in a costly battle sank the coast guard near Homlet some years ago. The crew mostly survived, but never again organized in similar fashion. Each of them had their own lives, ships and services to serve. Youngest of the warriors, Zanword, couldn't be found and was left for dead. In reality, he washed ashore a bit further along the shore and was taken and nursed to health by a knight, last warden of the retreating seashore slowly turning to marsh. Seeing how his life was temporary afloat, Zanword remained and started learning and caring about the mission of the old hermit. And some mission it was. He was at the same time trying to slow salt marsh advance inland to keep th land healthy. He tried to coordinate with local druids to save as much as possible. And he was tracking some obscure cult and trying to prevent their rise to power. Except he got old and is not fairly permanently stuck in the swamp with only druids, strange witch and animals for company.

Zanword still felt the pull of the sea and in time he repaired the ship as much as he could, but it would take many more years before the vessel was again sleek menace to the underworld.

Now, he is well known in taverns all throughout the town, as good connoisseur of wines, appreciative of good stories and songs and tavern brawls. Less known to the public is his continued struggle with smugglers and occasional patronage of clean and not so clean public houses.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Gwylla
Half-Elf Wizard(Abjurer) 3
Sage NG
Strength 10 (+0)
Dexterity 14 (+2)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 16 (+3)
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Charisma 10 (+0)
Gwylla is an introverted and shy bookworm, but strong in magic.​
Gwylla IKcon.jpg
[sblock=Appearance, Personality and Backstory]Age 21
Gender Female
Height 5'10""
Weight 150 lbs.
Hair Brown
Skin Fair
Eyes Brown

Description
Gwylla dresses plainly and looks somewhat disheveled and unpolished in appearance. Her hands and arms are often inkstained.​
Gwylla.jpg
Traits
Gwylla is shy and rarely speaks unless directly asked.​
Gwylla considers herself knowledgeable on every topic.​
Ideal
Knowledge is joy. And power.​
Bond
She wholeheartedly loves and misses her father.​
Flaw
Her curiousity and naivete lead to hard lessons in the real world.​

Backstory
Born the only daughter of Bors, a lonely human innkeeper, and the Elven warrior woman who took the innkeeper aside for a little fun at the inn. Gwylla was dropped off a year later with a pouch of gold and a request to raise her. Gwylla became the love of his life. He doted on her and gave her everything he could. However the other local children teased and bullied for looking different and being interested in books. Her father couldn't protect her all the time, but found a wizard looking for an apprentice. It was a heartbreaking goodbye.​
Leila the Elder, a older female human wizard in retirement, had use of an apprenice in her golden years. The arrangement worked well, Gwylla found a home and a purpose, Leila got the help she needed completing her work. Gwylla's thirst for knowledge and power grew and grew, fast enough it outstripped Leila's comfort, but she kept Gwylla on. After completing her work, a great tome of rituals, Leila grew sick and quickly died. Upon Leila's death, her son, Elnir the Grim, took possession of Leila's tower and turned Gwylla out in the street. Gwylla now is at loose ends and looking for a purpose for her life and a way to slake her thirst for knowledge and power.​
[/sblock][sblock=Skills & Proficiencies]Proficiency Bonus: +2

Skills
  • Acrobatics +2
  • Animal Handling +1
  • Arcana +5
  • Athletics +0
  • Deception +0
  • History +5
  • Insight +3
  • Intimidation +0
  • Investigation +5
  • Medicine +3
  • Nature +3
  • Perception +1
  • Performance +0
  • Persuasion +0
  • Religion +5
  • Sleight of Hand +2
  • Stealth +2
  • Survival +1
Proficiencies
Armor None
Weapons Dagger, Dart, Light Crossbow, Quarterstaff, Sling
Tools
Languages Common, Elvish, Draconic, Goblin, Gnomish[/sblock][sblock=Combat]AC 12
Initiative +2
Speed 30 ft
Passive Perception +11
HP 19
Hit Dice 3/3
1d6+2

Saving Throws
  • Strength +0
  • Dexterity +2
  • Constitution +2
  • Intelligence +5
  • Wisdom +3
  • Charisma +0
Attacks
  • Quarterstaff melee +2 / 1d6 bludgeoning [1d6]
Cantrips
  • Ray of Frost Ranged +5 / 1d8 cold [60] speed is reduced by 10 feet until the start of your next turn
  • Acid Splash Ranged 1d6 DC 13 acid [60] one creature within range, or choose two creatures within range that are within 5 feet of each other
[/sblock][sblock=Features]Background: Sage(Researcher)
When I attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if I do not know that information, I often know where and from whom I can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.​

Wizard Features
Arcane Recovery
Recover 2 spell slot levels.​
  • Once a day after a Short rest
Abjurer Features
Abjuration Savant
Beginning when you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy an abjuration spell into your spellbook is halved.​
Arcane Ward
When you cast an abjuration spell of 1st level or higher, you can simultaneously use a strand of the spell’s magic to create a magical ward on yourself that lasts until you finish a long rest. The ward has a hit point maximum equal to twice your wizard level + your Intelligence modifier (9). Whenever you take damage, the ward takes the damage instead. If this damage reduces the ward to 0 hit points, you take any remaining damage.​
  • Whenever you cast an abjuration spell of 1st level or higher, the ward regains a number of hit points equal to twice the level of the spell.
  • Once you create the ward, you can’t create it again until you finish a long rest.

[/sblock][sblock=Spellcasting]Spell Slots:
4/2​
Focus: Staff

Wizard Spells
  • Spell Attack Bonus: +5
  • Spell Save DC: 13
Wizard Cantrips
Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Mage Hand​
Wizard Spells Prepared: 6
Burning Hands, Detect Magic, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Shield, Melf's Acid Arrow​

Spellbook
Level 1: Detect Magic(R), Burning Hands, Mage Armor, Shield, Magic Missile, Tenser's Floating Disk(R), Alarm(R), Illusory Script(R)​
Level 2: Arcane Lock, Melf's Acid Arrow​
[/sblock][sblock=Money and Equipment]Money
0 pp, 10 gp, 0 ep, 0 sp, 0 cp​
Carried
  • Quarterstaff
  • Common Clothes
  • Belt pouch
  • Component pouch
  • Backpack
  • Spellbook
  • Ink, 1 oz
  • Quill pen (2)
  • penknife (2)
  • Letter from dead colleague
  • Book of Lore
  • Parchment (10)
  • Little bag of sand
[/sblock][sblock=Notes][/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha
Neutral Human Druid of the Moon 3

princess_mononoke_by_cathyrox-d54idu1.jpg

Str 8
Dex 15
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 12

HP 25
AC 15 (10 + 2 dex + 1 leather + 2 shield)
Prof Bonus +2
Init +2

Race
Human
+1 Dex, +1 Wis
Bonus Language
Bonus Skill proficiency
Bonus Feat

Class
Druid
Druidic Language
Spellcasting
Wildshape (Bonus action, 2/rest, CR 1, no fly or swim speed)
Circle of the Moon
- Combat Wildshape (bonus action to change, use spell slots to heal)

Proficiencies
Armor: Light, Medium, shields (only nonmetal armor)
Weapons: Clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, staves, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears
Tools: Herbalism Kit
Saves: Intelligence, Constitution and Wisdom

Background
Outlander
Skills: Athletics, Survival
Tools: Music Instrument
Languages: Sylvan
Origin: Homesteader
Feature: Wanderer

[sblock]Trait: I don't let questions of station or propriety stop me from speaking my mind.
Ideal: Stay true to yourself; keep your promises, follow through on your goals, and don't back down.
Bond: I suffer visions of a terrible fate, and am driven to prevent it at any cost.
Flaw: I have been afflicted with a terrible curse; even if I can manage it, I will never be free of it.[/sblock]

Skills
Athletics +1
Insight +5
Medicine +5
Perception +5
Survival +5

Languages
Common, Dwarvish, Druidic, Sylvan

Feats
- Resilient: Constitution

Spellcasting (Save DC 13)
Slots 1 - 4/4, 2 - 2/2
Cantrips
- Produce Flame
- Thorn Whip
Prepared
1 - Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Entangle, Thunderwave, Charm Person
2 - Flaming Sphere

Equipment
Cash: 8gp

Weapons
Scimitar, +4 atk, 1d6+2 slash dmg
Dagger, +4 atk, 1d4+2 pierce dmg, throw 20/40

Armor
Leather armor
Wooden shield

Gear
Skull totem (spellcasting focus)
Explorer's pack
Sheet of parchment with a picture of a complicated contraption drawn on it.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases