D&D 4E D&D 4e Help me with my CBLoader

LionOhDay

First Post
Hey guys I'm trying to get the CBLoader working but I'm running into a "Key Problem"
Any help will be appreciated. I'll include pictures of the various files and error messages.
CBL Loader.pngCBL Loader version.pngCharacter Builder.pngWizard's Folder.pngExample of failure.png

Thank you again for any help you have to offer. ( Also thanks for making these boards I love the character guides. )

Zman8192

First Post
Hi guys. Every time I try to use the CBLoader, I get this message:

30-Jun-18 9:53:07 PM - INFO: CBLoader version 1.3.2b4
30-Jun-18 9:53:08 PM - ERROR:
Inner Exception: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 237141, position 23.

30-Jun-18 9:53:08 PM - INFO: Errors Encountered While Loading. Would you like to open the log file? (y/n)

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Zman8192

First Post
I would recommend a reinstall of Character Builder

Be sure and not install in the Program directory.

Ok, just uninstalled and reinstalled Character Builder outside the Program Directory, but when I try to use CBLoader, this popped up again:
07-Jul-18 10:53:54 AM - INFO: CBLoader version 1.3.0
07-Jul-18 10:53:55 AM - ERROR:
Inner Exception: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 237141, position 23.

07-Jul-18 10:53:55 AM - INFO: Errors Encountered While Loading. Would you like to open the log file? (y/n)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but at least the Character Builder itself seems to be working.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Which version of Character Builder are you using? I found these step by step out there ( you do not need the WoC.index file )

1. Install the Character Builder… Do NOT install to the Program Files directory. Use an alternative directory like My Documents or the drive root.
  2. run “CharacterBuilderInstaller.exe”
  3. Install the Character Builder Oct 2010 offline patch…
  4. run “CharacterBuilderUpdateOct2010.exe”
  5. Install the current version of CBLoader
  6. Unzip “CBLoader 1.3.2b4.zip” into your character builder directory.
  7. Install the WotC.index file…
  8. Place the WotC.index into your \~Character Builder~\Custom\ directory
  9. Run the CBLoader.exe in the Character Builder directory and let it download .part files from the internet
  10. ALWAYS USE CBLOADER.EXE TO RUN THE PROGRAM, CHARACTERBUILDER.EXE DOES NOT HAVE ALL THE NEW MATERIAL

Caio Geroto

Villager
Sorry for the necropost, but... anyone knows when I can find the "WotC.index file" to install? I'm returnning to play 4e and which to use the character build.
Thanks in advanced.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases