Expeditions to the Craters.

QuaziquestGM

First Post
The dove, which should be white but is now quite black, coughs up ashes...

Most of its feathers are scorched. It is a miracle it was flying at all.

It looks up into your eyes.... An image appears floating in the air, projected from the eyes of the bird.

It is an enrobed mage on his knees. The robes are severely burnt and smoke surrounds him.

"*coff* This is Dolfgand . *weeze* I live so long as the dove does. *coff coff* I await rescue on the island. I promise substantial reward.* Coff - a weeze* Held me, you are my only hope..."

The recording loops one and a half more times before the bird passes out. It sleeps fitfully...

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Wow! Is that why they call him the Singed?" Stanfor asks thoughtfully. "He really did look in bad shape. And this poor bird needs rest and a bath."

The kender whistles and the napping Illikk rises and comes to stand beside him. "Sorry Illikk, no time to sleep, I'm afraid," he says mounting the great fox. "We need to return this bird to his owner and hopefuly save two... umm birds with one... quest?"

Aylana suppresses a groan. "We'll need to find a boat. Hopefully one that isn't on fire from the hail of burning embers earlier." She scans the shoreline for a functional boat. "Oh, by the way, my name is Aylana. I really hope we get to meet Dolfgand, although my abilities eschew illusion magic, still I'm sure he would be an excellent person with which to discuss magic."

Shayuri

First Post
"Inamar," said the darkly-clad halfling shortly. She brushed a forelock of hair out of her eyes and glared at the bird. The gratitude of a wizard could be a valuable thing.

"If we're doing this, lets do it."

She glanced around, spotted a boat, and headed for the nearest one to commandeer.

"-- and once we have a boat we'll need to figure out where to go. He might or might not be--." Aylana is cutoff as the halfling points out a boat and runs off. "Inamar is an interesting name. I think it stems from--" The big man announces his name and she barely catches the dove as the he also rushes off. "Um," she studders and then realizes they are getting further away. She exchanges a look with the kender before she runs toward the boat Inamar is boarding.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Hey! Wait for us!" Stanfor shouts to everyone's back. "Come on Illikk. Run!"

The fox trots off soon catching up to Crag, but not out pacing the huge warrior. "A boat trip sounds fun. Maybe we'll catch a few fish along the way."

Remove ads