D&D presence at PAX this year?

DM Magic

Adventurer
I've been hearing rumors through local Adventurers League organizers here in Portland that PAX will not have a D&D presence this year. Has anyone else hear this? Or maybe someone can refute it?

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
I'd say your local AL organizers are the best source of info on this question -- WotC doesn't organize AL games, they generally leave that to third-parties (like Baldman Games, for Origins, GenCon, and the like). I know our local conventions here in Minnesota get run by a rag-tag group of organizers/volunteers, not by WotC, so I suspect other conventions work similarly (except maybe for HasCon -- see below).

WotC has announced that an Acquisitions, Inc. game will be run at Pax West, but that may well be the extent of WotC's involvement, despite their geographic closeness, since the inaugural HasCon will be the following weekend, and WotC will obviously be expected to be present there. And if WotC is going to be present to support 'the brand', the obvious way to do that for D&D is to run AL tables.

--
Pauper

jprepo1

Explorer
Which Pax? Pax Unplugged and Pax East AL is being run by The Role Initive, who still have a few slots open for DM'ing for PaxU

jprepo1

Explorer
I think BMG was going to do it but it fell through, usually the DnD AL and the region AL facebook pages are a good place to look.

StinkyEttin

First Post
There won't be a D&D presence at PAX West this year. BMG was not slotted to do it, and coordination with the new folks running the show came a little later than it should have. I'll be there on Sunday, so if you see me, gimme a high five.

Remove ads