(not sure this the right place, but) printing downloaded stuff

Bjorn Doneerson

First Post
Like the subject says, I'm not sure where this belongs, so if its in the wrong place, sorry.

Anyway, I'm considering buying some PDF's in the near future. Specifically Upper Krust's upcoming work. He says it will probably be 320 pages, and that seems like far too much to print out if I wanted a hard copy. It was suggested I print it from school, but that won't work out either. Is there any better way to go about printing these kinds of things?

I don't want to disparage Upper Krust's work but do you really think you'll need all 320 pages printed out at once? Most people only print out the sections of a PDF they need at the gaming table and use the rest of the PDF online.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
For a 320 page product, Upper Krust would be smart to fund a small print run of it through RPGMall.

The price is reasonable, and for a book that size it would be a no-brainer to buy the print copy as well as the PDF.

seasong

First Post
Just wanted to give a quick update: I checked with Kinko's, and, uh, no, that's actually a bad idea ;).

They can do binding for $3-5. That's actually a pretty decent deal. But the cost to print a PDF is around $0.08 a page, which is functionally robbery (they can and will bind books that they didn't print themselves, though).

So, sorry for the bad recommendation.

HellHound said:
For a 320 page product, Upper Krust would be smart to fund a small print run of it through RPGMall.

The price is reasonable, and for a book that size it would be a no-brainer to buy the print copy as well as the PDF.

Yep. Excellent prospect for a POD.

joe b.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases