D&D 3E/3.5 Non-caster Driders for 3.5e?

Shin Okada

Explorer
In 3.5e Monster Manual, all the driders are Clerics, Sorcerers & Wizards. But some of the other editions show non-caster driders. Did any of official 3.5e books and sources introduce non-caster drider? Or Do I need to make them up by myself?

Richards

Legend
Monster Manual III has a creature called the lhosk which is basically a gorilla-drider that doesn't cast spells. You could probably use that to start with and just ignore the gorilla bits in the description - there's nothing in its stats that are inherently "gorilla dependent."

Johnathan

Joseph Jellison

First Post
You could just take what is in the book and modify it to make it a non-caster. Change some of the stats (Up the STR and DEX and lower others) look at its CR and make it a fighter class and lvl it accordingly to make it what you want.

I do this often to get just the right NPC or Monster for my campaigns

S

Sunseeker

There's a drider template around somewhere, which is pretty much all they've stuck on a drow caster to get what's in the book.

Here it is. Just make up your fighter of whatever race and non-caster class you want to use, and then stick the drider body on it.

There's a very real in-world reason why driders are typically casters which people familiar with drow lore are likely to point out. But if all you're going for is more of "race of monster spider people" with less Lolth attachment, I suggest the template+race+class=result.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases