D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
“Hrm.” From her seat the witch traced a careful line in the dirt, which some here would recognize as the representing the course of the High Road, from Enstad to Verbobonc. A dot marked their current position.

Then she too swivelled her gaze to the Mertall boy...

EarlyBird

Explorer
Javin Mertall.jpg *gulp*

With two sets of demanding eyes upon him, the merchant looked like a cornered rat with two hungry cats about to pounce. He downed his brandy and poured another, but just held it to steady his hands.

"It...it looked like any place along the road... in... I mean among the Hills." he said trying to both steady his voice and hands which seemed to much for the poor man who's face showed the doom that now weighted on his mind. "The Kron Hills m'lady. We'll reach them tomorrow. Plenty of wooded copses and high hills to hide behind round there."

He sipped his brandy looking at the fire for a moment. Then suddenly his head wiped up looking back and forth between both women. "You won't let them take me... drag me off to my death. Please you won't let that happen. Please!"

OOC: Attitude: Indifferent
Condition: frightened
Bond: Never breaks an oath or contract.
Flaw: Cowardice.

OOC: Rebekah Insight pg2. - The scam the old women is running is beyond you at the moment. But it could be that you know no one here has much to offer worth trying to scam off them. The Insight showed that the imagine was pictures she remember from the vision she was given. The high roll means you know you are represented by the shattered jewel.

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Placing a manicured finger to he pursed lips, Rebekah looked at the scared man. "My good sir, it would stand you in good stead to be of a more robust constitution, this display in front of us ladies is most ungentlemanly like."

Her eyes harden as she looks down upon the man with some condescension. She had no wish to have the vision fulfilled, certainly the shattered jewel could represent no one else in this company but her. Looking at the other ladies, she realised how absurd it would be for one of them to be considered a jewel whilst in her presence.

"I suggest sir you do not spend to much time this fine night finding your courage at the bottom of a bottle,
it may dull your wits for the trials to come tomorrow."

"Is there a way for us to circumvent this most inconvenient part of our journey?" Rebekah asks the man. "Surely it would be churlish of us to ignore this most fortuitous warning?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rana sighed at that, suddenly missing her quiet swamp.

“Adults are trying to have a conversation here, children. Be so kind as to scamper off if you can’t pay proper attention.” She made a flicking motion towards nothing in particular - so long as it was far, far away -, rubbing her temple as if feeling the throbs of an impending headache...

"Oh, come on, auntie, we already warned them, you showed them your dream and we will surprise the surprisers tomorrow. We need to get to know each other. I'd rather fight a dwarf with my bare hands than this treacherous witch." the sting in young mans words is somewhat lessened by a smile and hug of the said witch.
"You win this one, little one."

Turning just a bit more serious
"We've been on the way for some time to deliver the warning. We can surprise the bandits if we recognize the area on time. Or we can leave the carts and hurry onward to prepare the ambush with only Mrs Rana and Misss Rebecca with the driver. It would be risky, but safer than all of us being surprised under the hail of arrows in the middle of the road."
Zanword grins again
"Imagine the faces of would be bandits if they see the cart rolling and *another* group of bandits - that's us - stops it before it get to their ambush. I'd pay to be a frog among them when it happens." waving his hands immediately "That was NOT an invitation, Mrs Rana."

OOC:
Since it seems we have no more interested combatants let's move on and we can level on the way :)
Shayuri can continue by intercepting this hug :) Just please don't kick me from below :p

Last edited:

Binder Fred

The witch lowered her casting hand amiably enough, hiding the small smile that tugged at her lips.

So very, very young. So much like some of her sons...

"I suggest sir you do not spend to much time this fine night finding your courage at the bottom of a bottle, it may dull your wits for the trials to come tomorrow."
“Now now,” smoothed the old woman, not unkindly -- though the subtly upturned corner of overly-wrinked lips, the flash in her eyes, said she *might* just be doing it to be contrary to Rebekah! “The boy is just a bit surprised by the news is all. It will pass.”

She addressed Javin directly, patting the log next to her twice with a bony hand: “Come child; come sit by the fire. We will make sure nothing bad happens... Though do bring some of that brandy with you.”

OOC: Rana will partake in careful, savouring sips please :)

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Rana Persuasion on Javin DC 10... 1d20+3 = 10
Something else I will use the Secret rolls for is when I catch myself about to post something like "Make a Persuasion check." Which I almost did.
Just to help hurry things along.

Javin Mertall.jpg The old merchant is hesitant at first, looking as if he would rather find a log to hide under than one to sit on. But he does rise and walk over to sit beside the old crone, pouring as he goes and then bowing forward and handing it to Rana, before sitting down himself.

Not able to keep his gaze on Rana for long, he takes a sip out of his own cup, and then sheepishly sets it down remembering Rebekah's stern warning.

He shakes his head forlorn at the question of an alternate route. "Sure you can go around the High Road, but you can't go around the Hills, they stretch for miles across our path. And to leave the High Road is to add untold dangers and troubles to the trip. Why we could break a wheel on some unseen rock. Or get stuck in a mud slick, come across a stream to steep to ford, the dangers are to great to risk leaving the road."

Intently he listens to Zanword, and hope blooms on his face as someone discuss a plan for survival from this nightmare. "You could posse as guards. If we made it look like everyone here was a merchant guard, then that would be ten of us. Bandits don't normally attack unless they have the numbers. Well that is what my previous guards use to say."

He takes on a gruff sturdy voice as if quoting someone, "Bandit's don't like to work for their money."

OOC: Attitude: Indifferent
Condition: frightened
Bond: Never breaks an oath or contract.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Javin Mertall.jpg Javin looks mildly shock by the question. "Nothing torrid I assure you," he says a hand reaching for the his brandy cup, but an arched eyebrow from Rebekah has him think better about another drink.

"The Hills are full of monsters, and yes I have lost a guard or two in my travels. Mostly though it has been poor business that has my purse strings tied tight. If your not dealing in spices, silks, or anything else exotic then you get the short end on every deal." A forlorn look engrosses Javin once more. "So not having enough money to hire on and then praying there is either no bandits or I can outrun them if there are is all I seem to have as of late."

OOC:
Attitude: Indifferent (bordering on friendly - your getting there)
Trait: I will not let rough times hinder me on my road to riches.
Bond: Never backs out of an oath or agreement.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

The giant frog whuffed itself down on the old woman’s other side, partially on her feet but she didn’t seem to mind.

“So, scouting ahead,” she summarized, leaning on her cane... “Anything else? You, the quiet one.” With an interested jerk of her chin towards the half-elf by the lady’s side.

OOC: What do our two carts/wagon look like, EB? What’s pulling them and what are they loaded with?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg

“Bah!” Emmyr said to Rana dismissively. “Best way t’ foil an ambushis t’ spring it -- an’ kill ever’one wot tries t’ kill yeh.”

But Lady Rebekah didn’t seem too keen on that idea, wo Emmyr grew quiet again, picking up her plate of beans to eat himself. No sense letting the food go to waste.

"Oh, come on, auntie, we already warned them, you showed them your dream and we will surprise the surprisers tomorrow. We need to get to know each other. I'd rather fight a dwarf with my bare hands than this treacherous witch," Zandword said.

“Is tha’ a challenge, laddie?” Emmyr asked, bestirring himself once more.

The dwarf glanced over to Javin as he spoke. “Aye, I’ve guarded a caravan or two in me time. Robbed a few, too.” He gave a shrug of his chainmailed shoulders. “If we want t’ risk it, we cuild run an outrider, keep an eye oot ahead o’ us f’r trouble. We know wot’s comin’, sae ‘twill be ‘arder f’r them t’ get surprise on us.”

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases