D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You, beast, will come no further!" Zanword flourishes his cutlass and postures somewhat with his shield forward.
"Captain Blackpearl has these womenfolk under his protection!" as he half-turns to point, shield blocks gnolls view of his weapon arm for merest of moments and the arm bearing the sword flashes forward underneath piercing the beasts abdomen

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Attack vs Gnoll M11; damage: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20; 1D6+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Move: if gnoll dies or runs away, move to K6 to block the four from the north from coming down.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha comes around the wagon and gestures at the earth at her feet. She growls syllables in Druidic, and the muscles in her arm tense up as if she were trying to lift something heavy. Vines erupt from the ground and shoot out, bending over as she 'shoves' at them to lash out at one of the gnolls!

(Thorn Whip! thorn whip: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12
1D6 = [5] = 5
)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Gnoll Ambush, RD3

The gnolls to the north swarm over Javin's cart. Rana notices it setting still and lurched to the side as if one of the wheels has been broken. The gnolls seem interested in sacking the cart and not drawing blood, so the group has a few moments before they may need to deal with them.

Her spell only manages to coax one gnoll to sleep, but he is awakened almost immediately by the residue of acid that splashes onto it. As she looks to Rebekah to say something, she notices the slow saunter of the woman as if this were of no more import than, no that isn't it, she looks to the dwarf and sees the inspiring effect it has on him. "Men, pah!"

The immediate problem comes from the gnolls nearest the road and starting to surround what they perceive as the biggest threat - Hexiros. The dragonborn warrior had never thought to see a savage monster fight with such skill or is it just cunning added to his own inexperience? The gnoll side steps trying to draw Hexiros's attention away as another gnoll takes his place. But that is only the half of the problems the warrior faces as the dog-faced beastman thrusts his spear high, aiming for the dragonborn's unprotected head!? Dodging such an attack is easy as Hexiros moves his head to the side, and watches in horror as the gnoll uses the momentum of the swing to arc the spear around in a circle and then bring the butt of the haft down hard across the side of his head.

*THUMP*

The dragonborn sees stars before feeling a small trickle of blood coming from his temple.

gnolls2.jpg

Emmyr's opponent also moves to get between the warriors and the wagons, but the quick slashing dwarf makes him pay for each and every step. In a rage the creature lashes out with his spear and gets it parried in return. The gnoll lashes out again and again, until it finally gets the point of its spear to cut the dwarven warrior.

Zanword deals a deep cut to the furry hide of the gnoll near him, the beast growls out something the half-elf doesn't understand... verbally, but he gets the intent all the same.

It seems to the south of the wagon Aridha has drawn the attention of another gnoll. Perhaps her almost taking off the creature's head with a thorny vine had something to do with his new attentions towards the petite human. It comes charging down towards her swinging its net high overhead. Before it gets near it releases the trap and manages only to catch the ground next to the druidress.

Templeton does not fair so well he watches in amazement as the gnoll in front of him yawns and simply starts to lie down right there in front of him. It doesn't make it all the way to the ground before yipping loudly, as if stung by something. It looks around slightly blurry eyed and when he see the rogue he gives a small jump as if surprised and frightened. It lets its net fly and starts to run off not caring if it catches or not. It doesn't make it one step as the net fastens around Templeton and the rope it holds attached to the net goes taunt. Surprised again it looks back and then starts jumping up and down, barking and pointing, as it tries to get the other gnoll's attention.

[sblock=Map]
kings road rd3.jpg[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Emmyr O9
AC:16, HP:7, sword&sword inspired(d6)
Hexrios Q9
AC:16, HP:1, halberd
Rebekah E10
AC:13, HP:10, NONE,
Templeton P14
AC:16, HP:10, dagger, restrained
Gwylla M9
AC:15, HP:8, NONE, mage armor (expires in 8 hours)
Rana I12
AC:15, HP:7, cane, COVER
pack frog I13
AC:10, HP:11, tongue, TOTAL COVER
Zanword L10
AC:17, HP:12, cutlass&shield
Aridha J18
AC:17, HP:10, cutlass&shield, cover

Gnoll Saves: STR(+2), DEX(+1), CON(+0), INT(-1), WIS(+0), CHA(-2)
range atk: +1, 1d8+1

Gnoll ?? AC:13, HP:14, spear, net
Gnoll ?? AC:15, HP:19, spear, shield
Gnoll ?? AC:15, HP:21, spear, shield

Gnoll M2 AC:15, HP:05, spear, shield - faerie fired - fled to fight another day
Gnoll S8 AC:15, HP:27, spear, shield
Gnoll R6 AC:15, HP:20, spear, shield, - faerie fired
Gnoll R8 AC:17, HP:22, spear, shield, - faerie fired
Gnoll R10 AC:17, HP:19, spear, shield, cover
Gnoll P8 AC:15, HP:12, spear, shield - wounded
Gnoll M11 AC:15, HP:04, spear, shield - wounded
Gnoll L18 AC:13, HP:12, spear, net - wounded
Gnoll Q13 AC:13, HP:05, spear, net - wounded

NOTES:
gnolls in italics cannot be interacted with for a round or two as they sack the cart
RD3:
Javin's cart is perched at an angle as if one of the wheels has been broke
Emmyr attacks = 10 dmg
net vs Aridha = miss
net vs Templeton = hit/restrained
Templeton STR check 11*+0=11, 1d20+2=5
1d20+2,1d6+2(x4) =
12(4), - miss on Zanword
20(6), - hit on Emmyr, dmg = 6
10(8), - miss on Hexiros
19(8), - hit on Hexiros, dmg = 8

*using up those secert rolls we are (haha)[/sblock]

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Imperiously surveying the scene, Lady Rebekah frowns with disapproval. This was starting to get a little dangerous and the battle was balancing on a knife edge. Will a quick glance around to ensure no one was watching she quickly palmed the dagger in he sleeve and with a couple of quick steps, launched it at the creature facing Zanword.

[sblock=actions]
Move to I 11
Palm dagger [roll0] - doesn't want any of the party to notice such base trickery.

[roll1]
[roll2]

[/sblock]

She smiled in self satisfaction as the small blade plunged into the creatures eye, dropping it without a sound. With a exasperated glance at Templeton, "Mister Templeton, if you have quite finished playing in the mud there is some work to be done!"

Something in the tone of her voice chilled the dirty man and he steeled himself not to disappoint her.

OOC: Templeton is inspired

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Zanword is shocked for only a moment as first the small unarmored woman Gwylla moves boldly up beside him and unleashes arcane energy the like he has not seen before.

And then a slim dagger, the blade no wider than his finger, bites deep into the eye of his opponent. It falls like a dead fish on the deck. He turns his head to see Rebekah calmly looking at him her hands on her hips, one eyebrow arched as if to say, "Yes?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Still dazed by the blunt force of the spear's shaft, Hexiros swings his halberd wildly and misses horribly. He screams in a rage, and tries his best to shake away some of the stars.

OOC: Attack: Halberd vs. gnoll at R8: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15; 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8

I don't know what is so hard about rolling a 12. Coyote Code just won't give it to me, even with advantage!

I just knew I'd roll a 1 on my second wind... because that's how much CC hates me. But alas, I was wrong--I got a 2!

Second Wind Second Wind: 1D10+1 = [2]+1 = 3

So now Hexiros is at 4 HP and surrounded by gnolls that he can't hit. So much for dragonborn fighters....

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]4[/COLOR]/12
[B]Initiative:[/B] -1
[B]Saves:[/B] STR +5, CON +4
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 11
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Draconian
[B]Current XP:[/B] 100
[B]Level:[/B] 1

[B]Skills:[/B] Animal Handling +3, Athletics +5, Intimidation +4, Survival +3
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 17 (+3), Dex 8 (-1), Con 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 14 (+2)

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No
-[B]Second Wind[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Available, [ ] Used
-[B]Breath Weapon[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Available, [ ]Used

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Zanword doesn't waste much time in contemplating the dagger. After all, Templeton, Aridha, Rana probably all have the weapons on their persons. Even Rebecca, not all ladies are blind to the world. He vows not to forget this as he charges forward to help Hexiros.

He moves around the dwarf to come at the wounded gnoll from the side and free Hexiros to retreat back into the group.
"Let's put these rabid dogs down! Hexiros, retreat to us!" he calls out.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: O7
Actions: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[/sblock]

OOC:
There is a lesson for Hexiros brother Flexiros, who came after his brother to tell him the charges are withdrawn due some new evidence. Do not charge in the big group of enemies when you have fairly defensible position among the carts.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg

Emmyr parried and blocked several attacks, but grunted as one got through his defenses. He turned his attention to the wounded gnoll and slashed at him with his sword. The confidence he gained from Lady Rebekah bore fruit as he dropped the beast.

Stepping over the twitching body and around Hexeiros, Emmyr brought his off hand sword around at the glowing gnoll beside the dragonborn, driving his blade past the gnolls shield and into his side, though not dropping the beast.

OOC: Probably should have Second Winded, but thought I’d get some pressure off Hexeiros. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite me!

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Action:Attack Gnoll P8
Main hand shortsword attack and damge: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12
1D6+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Bardic Inspiration: 1D6 = [5] = 5
Move: Q8
Bonus Action: Attack Gnoll R8
Off hand shortsword advantage faerie fire and damage: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [16, 1]+5 = 21
1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 7/13 HD: 1/1d10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]