D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Oh, no, you don't! I didn't tramp through half the swamp to warn the bugger just so you can take him away!" Zanword goes for the net carrying gnoll trying to free the merchant. He carefully avoids the reach of the rest of the gnolls, but keeping too close to the stones he slips at the critical moment and his swing falls too short.

"Merchant, stop whining and free yourself!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: N4
Attack vs Gnoll in N3; damage: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9
1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4

[/sblock]

River Song

Explorer
Lady Rebekah smiled contentedly as the gnolls beat a hasty retreat, but her delighted disposition was broken by the shrill screams from their erstwhile wagon master.

"Compose yourself Master Javin," she admonished him. "Such displays are most ungentlemanly and my poor constitution has been tested sorely this day."

With a withering glare she advances on the gnolls, seeing her half elven travelling companion strike true with an enchantment, Rebekah snidely comments to the gnoll. "Now, now puppy. Drop the toy, there's a good boy!"

Once again the words are laced with enchantment but Javin's screams were no doubt blocking the spell as the creature seemed unaffected.

[sblock=action]

Had cast vicious mockery but gnoll saved.

Move to K5

[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
“Please be so kind as to consider objectives, children,” complained Rana, still a bit shaken by the recent scare (and her reaction to it).

A wriggle of her trembling fingers and the bottom of Templeton's rough net started disentangling itself, plant fibbers unwrapping from plant fibbers.

[sblock=Action]Eldritch blast vs the net: Cutting it close: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20; 1D10 = [2] = 2. Oh for-[/sblock]
Plants were... not known for their speed though!

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hexiros sees his friend being dragged away, and charges in to defend him! He swings his halberd hard, but manages only to hack away at the surrounding foliage that provided the monster its cover.

OOC: Halberd vs. gnoll at Q14: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15

Given my inability to make an attack roll greater than 10, this is not surprising. Do I at least get bonus points for chopping down a tree?! :)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg

Emmyr heaved his blades out of the latest gnoll to fall victim to them, taking a few more cuts in the process as the gnoll leader called a seeming retreat. Looking the worse for wear, and plenty bloody, much of it his own, the armored dwarf limped up to the gnoll dragging Javin in the net.

“Oh nae ye dunnae,” the injured dwarf growled, his swords slashing out at the gnoll. The first strike sliced the gnoll’s arm off, dropping the net. The second slice sent the gnoll’s head flying into his nearby packmate, the neck spurting blood all over the dwarf and dropping to the ground.

Emmyr brought his swords up defensively, heaving for air as he prepared to fend off the adjacent gnoll.

OOC: Gah! It’s hard to give up that second attack for Second Wind, even when I need it! Was hoping to finish the gnoll off with the first attack, and it would be more of a logical character move to take a beat to second wind! No such luck.

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move: To O4, avoiding the OA from Q4 (Zanword is in the way of where I want to go! Damn slow dwarf speed!)
Action: Attack N3
Shortsword attack and damage: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Bonus Action: Attack N4
Shortsword attack and damage: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20
1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 3/13 HD: 1/1d10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
S8 - Fairie Fire
W9 - Fairie Fire
T10 - Fairie Fire
T13 - Entangled
[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Templeton

Templeton flopped about like a dying fish, gnashing and biting at the net until finally, somehow, he squirmed out. He scrambled to his feet panting.

OOC: Yay. Out of the net! Fight over yet?

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Out of combat unless someone wants to chase down the one gnoll that couldn't dash, because it needed to Disengage from Emmyr.

The gnolls yip and yammer as they quickly run towards the thick forest ahead. The pack leader gives the group one last long look before slowly turning its back on them and disappearing into the trees.

Javin (still in the net), whimpers a little as the headless body of a gnoll twitches on the ground near him, the rope to the net still grasped in a clawed paw.

OOC: Congrats on a great first fight, XP reward - 150

River Song

Explorer
"Well done Master Anvilforge," Rebekah moved over to one side, fastidiously avoiding the battlefield remains, and after a quick brush she sat down on a fallen log. "Now that Master Javin is safe and sound, I will take my tea."

Remove ads