DDAL Lost Tales of Myth Drannor: DDAL's "Secret" D&D Book For Gen Con 50

Lost Tales of Myth Drannor is an official D&D Adventurers League book containing six adventures for characters of levels 1-20. It is billed as a promo for Gen Con's 50th anniversary, although it will eventually appear on the DMs Guild -- from DDAL's Greg Marks: "It is a book that is a promo for GC50 and cons the admins are invited to. It will eventually appear on the DMsGuild."

Greg also added that "When initially released some are being distributed by BMG at Gen Con (I can't speak to how) and some by admins as promos" and that its appearance on DMsGuild would be "some months later.... PDF and possibly POD".

He added later that "I can't speak to what the BMG folks will be doing with their allotment, but the admins that are there will have some as well (myself, Claire and Alan are attending). The first print run of Super Secret Project 76 (not its real name) will be used by the admins as a promo item that we hand out at cons we go to (an actual book is a pretty awesome promo!). It will eventually go up on the DMsGuild as well, though not immediately. I will continue to tease more info on my twitter (@Skerrit7h3green) up until it is released on August 17th."

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.39.42.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.40.17.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.41.58.png

DHRafquWsAEbRCZ.jpg

And there's a LOT of them sitting in boxes at Gen Con this week!

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.42.29.png

I'm jobless and my car was recently stolen so, I won't be making GenCon this year but, I just wanted to let you admins all know that this was a really nice gesture on your part. You all really go out of your way to help the community and especially you Skerrit, have always taken the time to answer questions about Adventurer's League. To work so hard in what you all do and be able to have this wonderful Myth Drannor book for GenCon is just leaps and bounds above anything we expected.

Thank you for contributing so much to the community. Having organized and played since Raven's Bluff and Living Greyhawk I personally feel that AL is one of the reasons 5E is so popular now. Not to mention accesible. You admins had a lot to do with that especially taking all of our feedback to make many positive changes as the seasons went on. It's improved gameplay greatly here in Madison, Wisconsin.

Looking forward to the future of AL and D&D!

-Teo

Thanks, Maybe I will see you at Dan's Con of the Vale in October or Gamehole Con in November.

Getting The Author to say so is definitely one way to make it cannon! Right on!

Since we had to get it approved by Matt Sernett (who is in charge of lore) makes believe that the intent was treat it as canon (and Ed also wanted to have a copy to keep up on what we did). That said, I note even official products have sometimes been ignored as far as canon goes, so you never know.

darjr

I crit!
Since we had to get it approved by Matt Sernett (who is in charge of lore) makes believe that the intent was treat it as canon (and Ed also wanted to have a copy to keep up on what we did). That said, I note even official products have sometimes been ignored as far as canon goes, so you never know.

That book is awesome and you folks are awesome for doing it. It's pretty much cannon for AL and any non AL FR games I run, regardless. The officialness of it is a nice perk.

I'm going to buy this as soon as its in the guild to encourage more and hopefully reward you folks.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases