PF Starfinder rockets to the top on Amazon!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Starfinder rockets to the top on Amazon!

D&D has some actual competition on Amazon.

Technically the PHB is still hanging at #1, but Starfinder is putting numbers far ahead of any past Paizo product, or non WotC game book.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 8.00.41 AM.png
Views: 1617
Size:  366.3 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 7.59.32 AM.png
Views: 795
Size:  85.3 KB

I will have to dig around to find the links, but I think PF peaked at around 400-600, though it stayed in that range for a long time (and outsold many 4E books). EDIT: See below!

Paizo also does its own internal rankings. For months on presales it hung around in the middle of the pack, outsold by whatever the latest thing was for PF. As of last night it was reported as number 1. It would kind of have to be.

Now the question is will it have legs? I am going to be heading to my FLGS, and may have an opinion after that.
    Last edited by TerraDave; Sunday, 20th August, 2017 at 03:21 PM.
    XP Nikosandros, jbjune, Shasarak gave XP for this post

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Are Paizo's internal sales ranking available online?

COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

I get them in a weekly email.

Normally the latest AP is top, then latest player splat, then DM stuff. Corebook is in the middle somewhere. Starfinder was hanging around the middle but no longer.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Quote Originally Posted by TerraDave View Post
    I get them in a weekly email.
    I had forgotten about those. I get them, but I haven't actually read them in a while...
    Last edited by Nikosandros; Saturday, 19th August, 2017 at 09:26 PM.

I was chatting with Bulmahn yesterday and he thinks he remembers the PF Core Rulebook peaking at 87 or so, so I guess at 86 above this thing technically outperformed our main product. It's at 93 now and bounces around a lot. I was pleased to see you caught it lower than I did!

--Erik Mona
    XP JeffB, jbjune, Nikosandros, TerraDave, Knightfall gave XP for this post

COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Mona View Post
    I was chatting with Bulmahn yesterday and he thinks he remembers the PF Core Rulebook peaking at 87 or so, so I guess at 86 above this thing technically outperformed our main product. It's at 93 now and bounces around a lot. I was pleased to see you caught it lower than I did!

--Erik Mona
    Thanks for that. We could never confirm it with the ole "wayback machine" or interweb chatter from the time.

It really seems to be doing well, apparently it sold very well at Gencon too, and of course Paizo sells direct. It has dropped down to #246 atm in the U.S in All books (#45 in Canada), which shows how hard it must be to keep those high rankings.

Interestingly, it is cheaper on amazon than at Paizo, right now $47.51, even when you price the PDF at $9.99 and compare to the subscription. Even more interesting to me though, is it is only $0.20 more in Canada, which is weird considering the exchange rate and everything right now (in Canada it is $38 USD and free shipping).

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Quote Originally Posted by happyhermit View Post
    It really seems to be doing well, apparently it sold very well at Gencon too, and of course Paizo sells direct. It has dropped down to #246 atm in the U.S in All books (#45 in Canada), which shows how hard it must be to keep those high rankings.

Interestingly, it is cheaper on amazon than at Paizo, right now $47.51, even when you price the PDF at $9.99 and compare to the subscription. Even more interesting to me though, is it is only $0.20 more in Canada, which is weird considering the exchange rate and everything right now (in Canada it is $38 USD and free shipping).
    Sadly it may be cheaper on Amazon.ca, but its back ordered out at least a month at the moment. At least that's what my pre-order is still telling me, assuming they had copies in the first place.
    Last edited by Lygah; Wednesday, 23rd August, 2017 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lygah View Post
    Sadly it may be cheaper on Amazon.ca, but its back ordered out at least a month at the moment. At least that's what my pre-order is still telling me, assuming they had copies in the first place.
    I wouldn't have expected that

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ya, idunno. My gaming group played it at GenCon and totally hated it; so didn't end up buying the book.

This pretty much sums up our experience:

Name:  IMG_0724.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  237.7 KB
    XP LordOz gave XP for this post
    Laugh fjw70 laughed with this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply