Starfinder Starfinder rockets to the top on Amazon!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
D&D has some actual competition on Amazon.

Technically the PHB is still hanging at #1, but Starfinder is putting numbers far ahead of any past Paizo product, or non WotC game book.

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 8.00.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 7.59.32 AM.png

I will have to dig around to find the links, but I think PF peaked at around 400-600, though it stayed in that range for a long time (and outsold many 4E books). EDIT: See below!

Paizo also does its own internal rankings. For months on presales it hung around in the middle of the pack, outsold by whatever the latest thing was for PF. As of last night it was reported as number 1. It would kind of have to be.

Now the question is will it have legs? I am going to be heading to my FLGS, and may have an opinion after that.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I get them in a weekly email.

Normally the latest AP is top, then latest player splat, then DM stuff. Corebook is in the middle somewhere. Starfinder was hanging around the middle but no longer.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I was chatting with Bulmahn yesterday and he thinks he remembers the PF Core Rulebook peaking at 87 or so, so I guess at 86 above this thing technically outperformed our main product. It's at 93 now and bounces around a lot. I was pleased to see you caught it lower than I did! :)

--Erik Mona

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I was chatting with Bulmahn yesterday and he thinks he remembers the PF Core Rulebook peaking at 87 or so, so I guess at 86 above this thing technically outperformed our main product. It's at 93 now and bounces around a lot. I was pleased to see you caught it lower than I did! :)

--Erik Mona

Thanks for that. We could never confirm it with the ole "wayback machine" or interweb chatter from the time.

happyhermit

Adventurer
It really seems to be doing well, apparently it sold very well at Gencon too, and of course Paizo sells direct. It has dropped down to #246 atm in the U.S in All books (#45 in Canada), which shows how hard it must be to keep those high rankings.

Interestingly, it is cheaper on amazon than at Paizo, right now $47.51, even when you price the PDF at $9.99 and compare to the subscription. Even more interesting to me though, is it is only $0.20 more in Canada, which is weird considering the exchange rate and everything right now (in Canada it is $38 USD and free shipping).

Lygah

First Post
It really seems to be doing well, apparently it sold very well at Gencon too, and of course Paizo sells direct. It has dropped down to #246 atm in the U.S in All books (#45 in Canada), which shows how hard it must be to keep those high rankings.

Interestingly, it is cheaper on amazon than at Paizo, right now $47.51, even when you price the PDF at $9.99 and compare to the subscription. Even more interesting to me though, is it is only $0.20 more in Canada, which is weird considering the exchange rate and everything right now (in Canada it is $38 USD and free shipping).

Sadly it may be cheaper on Amazon.ca, but its back ordered out at least a month at the moment. At least that's what my pre-order is still telling me, assuming they had copies in the first place.

Last edited:

TheSwartz

Explorer
Ya, idunno. My gaming group played it at GenCon and totally hated it; so didn't end up buying the book.

This pretty much sums up our experience:

IMG_0724.JPG

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases