GREYHAWK CY963 GOLDEN ERA CAMPAIGN: HEROES OF DYVERS: CHAPTER 4

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Being rather limited in my ocular capabilities, I stay near the light source - ready to fight should the need arise. "The world has turned topsy turvy it seems," I whisper to no one in particular. "Halflings playing near succubi, red orcs apparently not all being murderous savages, and now people falling into wells that have a perfectly good rope situated to help them climb down." With a sigh, I deadpan, "Oh well. Further down the rabbit hole we go. I miss the days of killing anything with a weapon in hand that wasn't wearing our colors."

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar approaches Dewyyd with a grin on his face and slaps him on his shoulder in jest. " If the events of the last few hours are your first clue of the world being topsy turvy then perhaps it's not just your darkvision that is lacking." Sylvar taps the side of his head with a grin.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir Lends Aid

Thallok and Lathir both move back into the first cavern, to see a man dressed like a Northman, writhing around in pain on the cavern floor, in the rapidly cooling, liquid-metal slag. The cooling metal isn't burning him, but it is drying in clumps, and sticking to his clothes. The man looks VERY hurt. It seems that he has suffered a fall down the entire length of the shaft. It's a miracle he's alive at all.
Lathir speaks to the man in Common.
"I do not know how you came to fall into this well, but I can aid you. Let me help you first, then we can speak."

OOC: Lathir casts Cure Light: 1d8+5 12.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Respen & Vale

Vale:
~ What the? Something behind us? ~

Vale's attention immediately turns to the party's rear. He moves as deftly as possible and motions for Respen to move back toward the well entry cavern.
He turns toward the tunnel with Sylvar and Thallok in order to make sure nothing comes at them from straight ahead.

"We have the forward watch."

Respen:
~ What's this?! ~

Respen follows Lathir back to the well cavern and sees the new arrival. Dressed like a Northman, the man is hurt badly. It looks as if he fell (or was pushed) down the well. Lathir attends him, and Respen moves to help the Northman to his feet. Some sort of liquid metal is congealing on his clothes, as if sprinkled in hot liquid silver. Very strange indeed.

GM: The cooling liquid metal is the leftover slag from where Lathir's Flame Strike spell melted the spikes.

The Northman seems familiar somehow. Respen had met a number of Northmen in his travels from the Enllaves to Dyvers. Sailors all, they were tough, capable, and proud people. Respen wasn't a sailor. He was not even particularly adept at swimming, unless one counted the hot springs in the foothills bordering the Enllaves plains. He looked the man over, and recognition crossed his face, followed by amazed bewilderment. "Kleborn!?!?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Waynan

Adventurer
Despite the commotion back at the well, Tam-Tam stands fast with Sylvar and Dewydd at the fork of the two passageways. He was fascinated by the bees Sylvar conjured and wanted to see if there would be more of such magic. After Dewydd so graciously handed him two good weapons for what seemed to be the task at hand (undead killing), he didn't want to leave as if unappreciative. On the contrary, he has been quite taken aback by such kindnesses he has received by all in this party. He just hoped his skills would come in handy for the benefit of all when they were called upon.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Lathir Renders Aid to Kleborn

Lathir.jpg

Kleborn, as you are coming to your senses, a green-eyed, blonde-haired, bearded man, wearing simple brown and green clothes, kneels beside you, touching you with his open palm. You feel a surge of energy course through you, like a sigh of relief. You feel better instantly, albeit not quite back to your old self.

GM:
Kleborn max hp: 49
Current hp: 27 + 12 = 39.

Sylvar, you are still pondering the meaning of what the bee imparted to you. It was flying calmly, as if it had reached the end of the passage, finding nothing. It had returned not because it had discovered an enemy, but because it could go no further, and wanted to see if it could be of further service to you.

EVERYONE: What do you do?

redraider629

Explorer
Kleborn:

Kleborn is feeling better and looks around then glances at the one who said his name. He squints in the darkness as his eyesight is still adjusting to the change of scenery. As he begins to make out the people, he notices the person who recognized him. He thinks who this person is...as thinking he realizes. This is Respen. He met him on his father's ship. Kleborn's father was a ship captain of a viking tribe and he accompanied his dad on many journeys. One of which was a voyage around the pearly sea. It was on this journey that he befriended Respen. It was also this journey that made him realize that life at sea, and decided to explore more. Kleborn was very happy to see a familiar face. "Respen, is that you? It is good to see you my old friend. It looks like we both have been through much since we have last seen each other." Kleborn then focuses on Lathir, and says to him "thank you for helping me regain my strenght. I am in your debt."

Thallok:

"I have seen too many things lately, but a man falling down this well without any support and living to tell a tale is beyond me." Thallok then addresses Kleborn,"you are lucky to be alive northerner."

Thallok then walks back to the passageways with the others who are waiting there, and stands next to Tam-Tam. "those are some nice weapons you have there my little friend."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir Engages Kleborn

Kleborn:
"Respen, is that you? It is good to see you my old friend. It looks like we both have been through much since we have last seen each other." Kleborn then focuses on Lathir, and says to him "thank you for helping me regain my strength. I am in your debt."
Lathir nods but puts up his left hand in a dismissive gesture.
"Apparently you are a friend, though what powers of gods or men might have transpired to drop you here are beyond my understanding. I am a druid, but I have some skill at healing. Since you have been so quickly identified, I will aid you further. We do not know what dangers may lie ahead of us. We are looking for another way out of here.

Also, a very important point, there is a stone golem down here somewhere that is a danger to us
."
OOC: Lathir casts Cure Light again: Spell: 1d8+5 11

Waynan

Adventurer
Thallok then walks back to the passageways with the others who are waiting there, and stands next to Tam-Tam. "those are some nice weapons you have there my little friend."

"Many thanks to Dewydd. He, as do the others, expect more undead. These seem to be the best type of weapons for the task ---", Tam-Tam looks to the weapons as if to reassure himself of this fact, "or so I am to understand."

Tam-Tam then looks back to Thallok: "And what of you? Do have anything like these available to battle the undead creatures?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases