(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Haha lets hope so.

While I had Dellrak out and looking at him, I saw the spell healing spirit

My DM brain tells me this is a bad spell because, players are sure to abuse it. Please take a look at it FItz and tell me what you think and any adjustment to it you may wish to make.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Haha lets hope so.

While I had Dellrak out and looking at him, I saw the spell healing spirit

My DM brain tells me this is a bad spell because, players are sure to abuse it. Please take a look at it FItz and tell me what you think and any adjustment to it you may wish to make.

It's been noted as rather abuseable (have every PC "touch" the healing sprite each round so entire party gets healed) although if you use it in the more "strict" reading of the spell (... 1d6 per round to one character I think?) it's rather tepid. So it's unclear to me what the "proper" read is - one is a bit too good, the other a bit too poor...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Just looked at the battle - ack, we have to stop that lone zombie... but Rodrigo is sort of pinned by potential AOOs here...

I will delay posting a moment to see how things resolved with Harb if that's ok?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I took a look at that spell, and it's badly worded and totally broken, but I'm not against it. The only time I would be annoyed by it would be if the party does a circular conga-line to have everyone heal 10d6. Its main abuse would be out of combat, because otherwise you'd probably be too busy to really maximise its use. Just don't overdo it and you can have it.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I like it only being usable in combat as it is abusive elsewhere. I'll do my best to keep it under 50d6 worth of healing per combat. Maybe it should only be 1d6 per round for one minute - max 10d6 for the entire group.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I like it only being usable in combat as it is abusive elsewhere. I'll do my best to keep it under 50d6 worth of healing per combat. Maybe it should only be 1d6 per round for one minute - max 10d6 for the entire group.

I suspect that that is the intention, but it's NOT what the spell says. They left out the (probably intended) line that says 'one per round' or the creature has to 'occupy the space' to receive the benefit. At any rate, I don't feel the need to enforce it THAT far, just don't run a circle conga line.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases